Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Encryption is good
markem 10:29 AM 07-16-2013
This has been known for a long time, but here is an easy-to-understand demo. You should talk to your provider to ensure that all your communications over your cell is encrypted.

http://www.reuters.com/video/2013/07...eoId=244229599

Also, any site that uses "HTTP" instead of "HTTPS" can be intercepted as well.
[Reply]
Blueface 10:43 AM 07-16-2013
Wow.
They say that has been addressed by provider (Verizon).
How do you ensure all transactions encrypted?
Is that an added service?
[Reply]
markem 10:47 AM 07-16-2013
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Wow.
They say that has been addressed by provider (Verizon).
How do you ensure all transactions encrypted?
Is that an added service?
call your provider. The technology allows it, but it may require that they set a flag on your phone or account. I'm double checking with ATT since that was a condition of my contract (corp account with encryption specified).
[Reply]
T.G 11:47 AM 07-16-2013
I just spoke with a tech at Sprint, according to him, voice and data encryption on all sprint phones is automatic. I didn't ask about Nextel or WiMAX phones though.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 12:47 PM 07-16-2013
Never scan upc codes on your phone and shut off location services. I doubt the level of encryption we are really getting on a phone and txt. So easy to take over devices that are Bluetooth enabled. The big gotcha is hijacking the device and then when you sync it, the computer is not infected for APT attack.
[Reply]
Simple1 08:53 PM 07-16-2013
Any encryption that is being used commercially is not even a challenge for the NSA.
[Reply]
T.G 09:26 PM 07-16-2013
Originally Posted by Simple1:
Any encryption that is being used commercially is not even a challenge for the NSA.
[Reply]
Up