Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Table lighter
lyle23 04:14 PM 03-26-2011
I didnt know where to put this, feel free to move if need be.

My room mate has a table lighter he bought off ebay. When he recieved it he asked if I had butane. I tried to fill it for him and the center of the fill valve blew into the lighter. Does anyone know where I can either A. Buy a new insert for the lighter. Or B but a repair kit or something like that for it. It is a butane lighter made by a company called Swank. I have not been abke to find anything even close. If need be I could post a pic later if it would help. Any help would be appreciated.
[Reply]
Eleven 04:44 PM 03-26-2011
I used to sneak "Swank" out of my Father's sock drawer. I didn't know they made lighters!

:-)
[Reply]
alexa071 04:46 PM 03-26-2011
I was going to say to just buy him a new one but a quick web search told me why that is so problematic. The swank tabletop lighter that came up on my search was $325... :-).

Maybe you'll need to set up a payment plan?

Sorry I can't be of any help...

Randy
[Reply]
OLS 07:26 PM 03-26-2011
I think you just learned a life lesson. You seem to learn them the same way I DO. One at a time the hard way, lol.
Secondly, are you sure it is IN the lighter. Sometimes butane filler tips pull the center of the fill valve OUT and
they end up sticking out of the can.
[Reply]
lyle23 11:49 PM 03-26-2011
Its rattling around inside the lighter. This is what I get for trying to do something nice for my room mate.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Chingas 03:46 AM 03-27-2011
It's its for Weber, tell him he's beat!:-)

Honestly, I've never come across this before. Send a pick. Maybe there is a possibility to be able to retrieve the piece thru the top if you disasemble it. Then, reinsert the valve.

Option 2. Most butane fills that I've come across are near identical, at least from the outside. Removing one from a cheapo lighter and using it in his Swank could prove beneficial.

Sealing may be an issue but you'll notice right away. If you want to bring it over, I can take a closer look for you. I got some older butane lighters that I have no issue parting them to see if we can't get this one to work.
[Reply]
Up