Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>65% HF beads reading 70%???
bobarian 12:30 PM 03-22-2011
After calibrating your hygrometer, put it in a ziplock with only your beads. This will give you a reading of the beads Rh.
[Reply]
thecatch83 04:23 PM 03-22-2011
Update:

Hygrometer inside my desktop is falling, and currently reads 67% RH at 68 degrees and my coolidor is still hovering around 65-66% RH. Patience is a virtue or something like that! I am almost certain that taking the hair dryer to the beads for a few minutes was also very helpful.
[Reply]
T.G 04:32 PM 03-22-2011
Ty,

Did you add a bunch of newly received cigars to the desktop recently? Purchases or bombs/trades? If so, that could be the source of the extra moisture causing the increase. Or even they were cigars that you had, that they were a bit high in the cooler and now, moved to the desktop, with the reduced airspace, it's more noticeable.
[Reply]
Humpdebump 12:31 PM 03-23-2011
My Humidor still reading at 60%, wondering if I shld order new tube.
[Reply]
thecatch83 07:35 PM 03-23-2011
Originally Posted by T.G:
Ty,

Did you add a bunch of newly received cigars to the desktop recently? Purchases or bombs/trades? If so, that could be the source of the extra moisture causing the increase. Or even they were cigars that you had, that they were a bit high in the cooler and now, moved to the desktop, with the reduced airspace, it's more noticeable.
Yes around 25 new sticks.....as of today, my desktop is reading 65% on the money, and my Coolidor spiked up to around 68% when I added a new box of sticks and some singles. I will check it today to see if it is settling back down to 65% where it was last week.

Hump, I would say you need more beads or you have issues with a bad seal :-)
[Reply]
Humpdebump 09:20 PM 03-23-2011
I think I'm going to order another 70% tube, prob a large to go with the extra large that's in there now. The seal is tight, I can pull it around my house with a $1 :-). Glad to hear yours is just right now :-)
[Reply]
thecatch83 05:28 AM 03-24-2011
Good plan Chris!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up