Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>vinotemp fans
G G 02:32 PM 01-03-2011
Needing some help here. My vinotemp started making some noise a couple months ago, and it would appear that the fan that blows inside is the culprit. I took all the cigars out and took it to my shop and took the cover off the back and used my air compressor to blow all the dust out and also the fan that blows inside. I have had it start making noise again and took it apart more today and the fan doesn't appear to be binding or anything. Anyhow I wrote down the fan info and it's Rulian Science RDL9025S DC 12v .16 amp. Where do i get these. I looked on the vino website and the part to replace the whole cooling unit (not sure if the three fans come with that or not) is only $30.00 but they are on backorder. Has anyone here ever replaced the cooling unit on a vino? Or have you replaced the fans? Where can I get them from? The heat sink fans have a weird shroud that attaches it to the sink. thanks if you can help.
[Reply]
justonemorestick 02:39 PM 01-03-2011
You can probably replace it with an similar pc/electronics fan for $5-15 not sure if that will influence your decision.
[Reply]
markem 02:57 PM 01-03-2011
Originally Posted by justonemorestick:
You can probably replace it with an similar pc/electronics fan for $5-15 not sure if that will influence your decision.
:-) call a local electronics supply house and ask them if they can find an equivalent. They will usually be cheaper that some place like Fry's.
[Reply]
pnoon 06:29 PM 01-03-2011
I heard on another board that kitty farts work exactly the same as a fan. Keeping the kitty inside the humidor can be a problem, though.
:-)
[Reply]
G G 06:36 PM 01-03-2011
Originally Posted by pnoon:
I heard on another board that kitty farts work exactly the same as a fan. Keeping the kitty inside the humidor can be a problem, though.
well at any rate I hate cats.:-)
[Reply]
Chingas 10:04 PM 01-03-2011
I'm not home so I can't check mine. Do you think a 120mm PC fan would size up correctly? If so, lock and load Brother.
[Reply]
Shemp Howard 03:54 AM 01-04-2011
Originally Posted by ggainey:
well at any rate I hate cats.:-)
I love them...they taste like chicken! :-)
[Reply]
Chingas 09:14 PM 01-04-2011
Update Brother?
[Reply]
ArgusP2 03:04 PM 03-05-2011
Originally Posted by Shemp Howard:
I love them...they taste like chicken! :-)
Only if you marinate them right!:-)
[Reply]
Bill86 04:00 PM 03-05-2011
Originally Posted by pnoon:

Use your aristocrat to test? My cat wouldn't mind.

What's with the cat hate? They don't smell, they clean themselves and don't sh!t in your yard. Seems win-win to me. Least upkeep out of any REAL pet (not a fish).
[Reply]
G G 04:27 PM 03-05-2011
Sorry i went a couple places and asked. Went to a electronics supply house and they wanted over twenty dollars for one. I think radio shack has them just gotta pull it out and carry it with me to compare. Not sure what the size is but i think it may be 120mm x 1. Does that sound right?
[Reply]
CigarNut 04:37 PM 03-05-2011
You might check with a computer parts store -- ala Fry's or something similar. We have many here in Portland but none are chain stores. They have a huge variety of fans...
[Reply]
dunng 04:57 PM 03-05-2011
Case Fans - http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCateg...name=Case-Fans

[Reply]
Stephen 11:26 PM 03-06-2011
Originally Posted by Bill86:
What's with the cat hate? They don't smell
[Reply]
G G 11:21 AM 04-25-2011
Alright, I think I have it now. The fans are 92x92x25. I just ordered some from Newegg. will see how it goes when they get here.
[Reply]
G G 05:22 AM 04-26-2011
Thanks to Greg Dunn and Scott Shilala for all your help guys.:-)
[Reply]
G G 02:00 PM 04-28-2011
Got the new fans and rigged em up in there and put it all back together and wahla. The sound is a little louder but I think that they new fans are pushing more air than the old one's plus the new ones are ballbearing so it's a smooth louder.:-)
[Reply]
BigAsh 02:28 PM 04-28-2011
Originally Posted by ggainey:
Got the new fans and rigged em up in there and put it all back together and wahla. The sound is a little louder but I think that they new fans are pushing more air than the old one's plus the new ones are ballbearing so it's a smooth louder.:-)
:-)..... just don't tell the wife or you'll be re-wiring the house!
[Reply]
jesseboston81 03:11 PM 04-28-2011
So glad to hear things worked out for you Greg! :-)
[Reply]
G G 03:48 PM 04-28-2011
Thanks Jesse, and you are right Keith.:-)
[Reply]
Up