Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Coffee Discussion>Oxo Brew burr grinder
markem 12:41 PM 08-24-2020
Does anyone have experience with this grinder? It has a lot of settings and is rated highly by several review sites.

If you have used one, what are your thoughts? I'm considering buying as I want to get into cold brew and only have a single-serving hand-crank burr grinder right now.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CSKGLMM
[Reply]
stearns 01:05 PM 08-24-2020
I'm a big fan of the Cuisinart that looks like a pretty similar style. Good for different grinds, I've had mine for years and have given out many as gifts including just last month. I'm sure the OXO works just as well but the Cuisinart is a little cheaper (especially is you use a 20% off BBB coup)
[Reply]
markem 02:43 PM 08-24-2020
Originally Posted by stearns:
I'm a big fan of the Cuisinart that looks like a pretty similar style. Good for different grinds, I've had mine for years and have given out many as gifts including just last month. I'm sure the OXO works just as well but the Cuisinart is a little cheaper (especially is you use a 20% off BBB coup)
hmm. taking a closer look. The BBB prices is very good. Thanks, Ben.
[Reply]
kydsid 07:49 PM 08-24-2020
I don't buy anything mechanical anymore from OXO. They need to stick to hand tools. Fool me once, twice, three times yet out ya know?

I used a Capresso grinder for years. Highly recommend. Still have it but as backup only. Use the bona Vita now for main duty.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 08:07 PM 08-24-2020
Originally Posted by stearns:
Do not know the Oxo, but have had the Cuisinart grinder for about 10 years and never had an issue with it - it does a great job.
[Reply]
bonjing 11:07 PM 08-24-2020
Originally Posted by kydsid:
I don't buy anything mechanical anymore from OXO. They need to stick to hand tools. Fool me once, twice, three times yet out ya know?

I used a Capresso grinder for years. Highly recommend. Still have it but as backup only. Use the bona Vita now for main duty.
I'm about the same boat as Jason. I stay away from oxo after having a couple of their thermometers just crap out on me.

I also have the Capresso Infinity. We've owned it for a few years now and just made coffee on the weekends, but now I've used it M-F for over a year and so far it's holding up (knock on wood). Wish I could tell you all the good things like the consistency of the grind and what not but I'm not that observant.

A few things, people say it's noisy but i think I've gotten used to it. It is a bit messy when you take the coffee catch out, it seems to spill a bit of the coffee dust onto the table maybe because of static. It is very easy to clean though
[Reply]
Up