Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 5 of 21
« First < 345 6715 > Last »
Sports>Tom Brady
The Poet 10:10 AM 05-11-2015
Darren, you contend it is unfair to penalize Tom Brady because he is Tom Brady and a Patriot. OK. Does it not logically follow that it is equally unfair to coddle Tom Brady because he is Tom Brady and a Patriot?
[Reply]
Blueface 10:50 AM 05-11-2015
:-)
Originally Posted by The Poet:
Darren, you contend it is unfair to penalize Tom Brady because he is Tom Brady and a Patriot. OK. Does it not logically follow that it is equally unfair to coddle Tom Brady because he is Tom Brady and a Patriot?
Bingo.
He is handsome, rich, talented, has won Super Bowls, has a Super Model wife so you love him.
He is handsome, rich, talented, has won Super Bowls, has a Super Model wife so you hate him.

Chit happens.:-)

Someone commented on Bradshaw earlier. Seriously, who can hate him.? Guy is a nut job and a pisser. He lacks handsome and Super Model wife and therefore is only rich, talented and has won Super Bowls so therefore must be loved.
[Reply]
Stephen 11:06 AM 05-11-2015
Originally Posted by icehog3:
When I joined the Asylum, I was told there would be no math.
Then what's all this talk about Asylum math, then?
[Reply]
Stephen 11:14 AM 05-11-2015
Originally Posted by Subvet642:
Small people HATE to see others achieve because it diminishes them by comparison. It's Communist; you know, a hive mentality. No one must stand out. No one should be allowed any more honors than his brother. Everything belongs to the collective, body and soul, like insects. So what happens? Brady will be destroyed by the collective for his greatness and nothing more. They're like the football equivalent of Antonio Salieri. History has demonstrated many times before that collective mediocrity will always try to destroy individual greatness; not unlike the James Caan character in "Rollerball". And again I ask: what about the under-inflated game balls of Indianapolis that day?
Ho-lee crap. If you listen close enough, one can almost hear the construction of Brady's cross. You'll have to concentrate though, as Darren's indignation almost drowns it out. Almost. :-)
[Reply]
Tio Gato 03:40 PM 05-11-2015
4 Games? I must of missed where he punched the footballs in an elevator or beat it with a stick.:-):-)
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 03:43 PM 05-11-2015
4 Games for Brady
loss of 2016 first round pick
loss of 2017 fourth round pic
and $1,000,000 fine

(all of this before any appeals)
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 03:48 PM 05-11-2015
Yeeah, we're not very "bumpkin-ish" up here but it sounds to me like it's just personal animosity.
My entire family is from New England, straight from Europe, so don't know about that 'we" part. :-)

(I just wanted an excuse to use that) :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 03:51 PM 05-11-2015
https://video.search.yahoo.com/video...t=mozilla&tt=b
[Reply]
Tio Gato 04:01 PM 05-11-2015
https://video.search.yahoo.com/video...t=mozilla&tt=b
Well done sir.:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 04:51 PM 05-11-2015
I am hoping appeal reduces it to 3 games, $950,000 and expulsion of the Patriots from the NFL.

Lighten up, Fanboys, I keed, I keed.
[Reply]
Blueface 05:07 PM 05-11-2015
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I am hoping appeal reduces it to 3 games, $950,000 and expulsion of the Patriots from the NFL.

Lighten up, Fanboys, I keed, I keed.

[Reply]
Subvet642 09:22 PM 05-11-2015
That would defy logic; I stated no such thing. I stated that it was unjust to convict ANYONE based on ambiguities.

This is what I wrote:

"Ya know, I don't really watch football much but injustice bothers me, a lot. I would hate to be subject to punishment of any kind based on something as flimsy as "probably" or "generally". We're taking about possibly many thousands of dollars in fines. If you're going to reach into someone's pocket, it is monstrously unjust to do it without actual proof, otherwise it's just robbery."
[Reply]
Subvet642 09:26 PM 05-11-2015
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
My entire family is from New England, straight from Europe, so don't know about that 'we" part. :-)
I should have stipulated Boston.
[Reply]
Subvet642 09:29 PM 05-11-2015
Originally Posted by Stephen:
Ho-lee crap. If you listen close enough, one can almost hear the construction of Brady's cross. You'll have to concentrate though, as Darren's indignation almost drowns it out. Almost. :-)
It is not I who is in the crucifixion business; you seem to have that well covered already.
[Reply]
pnoon 09:44 PM 05-11-2015
Seems some of the "discussion" is getting a bit personal.

I don't like closing threads. But I will if it doesn't remain civil.

[Reply]
The Poet 10:44 PM 05-11-2015
As we are being civil here, Darren, I will assume you edited your quoted post by mere happenstance. :-)
[Reply]
Subvet642 10:58 PM 05-11-2015
As we are being civil here, Darren, I will assume you edited your quoted post by mere happenstance. :-)
I don't know what you mean by "edited". Are you talking about the comma? Please demonstrate where I wrote that:
"...it is unfair to penalize Tom Brady because he is Tom Brady and a Patriot."
[Reply]
bobarian 11:06 PM 05-11-2015
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
icehog3 12:07 AM 05-12-2015
Originally Posted by bobarian:
:-):-):-)
Ray Rice?
[Reply]
The Poet 03:26 AM 05-12-2015
I tried to be nice and let it slide, but if you really insist on :-)

We can't have anyone that much better than anyone else, can we? :-)

Small people HATE to see others achieve because it diminishes them by comparison. It's Communist; you know, a hive mentality. No one must stand out. No one should be allowed any more honors than his brother. Everything belongs to the collective, body and soul, like insects. So what happens? Brady will be destroyed by the collective for his greatness and nothing more. They're like the football equivalent of Antonio Salieri. History has demonstrated many times before that collective mediocrity will always try to destroy individual greatness; not unlike the James Caan character in "Rollerball". And again I ask: what about the under-inflated game balls of Indianapolis that day?
Ya know, I don't really watch football, much but injustice bothers me, a lot. I would hate to be subject to punishment of any kind based on something as flimsy as "probably" or "generally". We're taking about possibly many thousands of dollars in fines. If you're going to reach into someone's pocket, it is monstrously unjust to do it without actual proof, otherwise it's just robbery. And to hide behind quasi-legal ambiguity is beyond cowardly. The Pats were found guilty because the 31 other owners wanted it that way, period. If you can't beat them on the field, then beat them in the Boardroom.

This anger is just an adjunct to all kinds of other, non-related anger. :-)

[Reply]
Page 5 of 21
« First < 345 6715 > Last »
Up