Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 50 of 350
« First < 40484950 515260100150 > Last »
Health and Fitness>Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3
Genetic Defect 10:23 PM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by Chris.:
what flavor of vasocharge is best? lemonade or bery? I'm gonna order some of this and get a free sample of WF, and a few other things while I'm at it.
to be honest I would order WF and get a free sample of vasocharge but to answer your question berry
King James 11:30 PM 01-26-2009
first day of volu-grow today....lets see how it works!
icehog3 12:25 AM 01-27-2009
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
54?!?!? Are you alive? Tom I'm not giving you mouth to mouth resuscitation again! :-):-)
Not any more, Bao, I am sure it is higher at my advanced age. :-)
The Professor 06:52 AM 01-27-2009
Chest and tris today. Still can't really do incline due to it hurting my right shoulder. Perhaps I should see a doctor about that. :-)

Had a decent chest day for me, though. Hit 135 for 7 on my first post-warmup set. Then hit it for 5. Then for 5 ... but I tried for 6 and on 6 I failed. :-) I became *that* guy. Had to move the bar to my stomach, sit up, and stand up with the bar before putting it back on the rack. :-) Blasted my tris after that (well ... after trying some inclines and deciding that was a bad idea).

I feel like I'm finally getting form down and if my damn upper back and shoulder weren't so effed up, I'd actually start seeing some real gains on bench. Pretty sure I could do 185 for 1 if I had a spotter; but I don't want to do it without a spotter for fear of crushing myself.

Good lifting to all today. Tomorrow is a "rest" day ... so just cardio for me.
Mugen910 06:56 AM 01-27-2009
Originally Posted by The Professor:

Had a decent chest day for me, though. Hit 135 for 7 on my first post-warmup set. Then hit it for 5. Then for 5 ... but I tried for 6 and on 6 I failed. :-) I became *that* guy. Had to move the bar to my stomach, sit up, and stand up with the bar before putting it back on the rack. :-)
Nothing wrong with being "That Guy" because you're trying to get stronger and pushing limits but would it be a bad thing to just ask someone to spot?

With that being said I don't really do much on free weights if I'm alone. I'm afraid to be "That Guy" :-)
The Professor 07:04 AM 01-27-2009
Nothing wrong with being "That Guy" because you're trying to get stronger and pushing limits but would it be a bad thing to just ask someone to spot?

With that being said I don't really do much on free weights if I'm alone. I'm afraid to be "That Guy" :-)
Frankly, I don't really trust anyone to spot me. The times I have had a spotter at this gym, they've done it wrong and ruined the lifts. Zemekone is the only spotter I've fully trusted and who *helped* rather than hurt my lifts.

If there was someone at my gym I felt I could trust, I'd ask them. Until that point, I'll risk being the guy squished by weights. :-)
Mugen910 07:08 AM 01-27-2009
Frankly, I don't really trust anyone to spot me. The times I have had a spotter at this gym, they've done it wrong and ruined the lifts. Zemekone is the only spotter I've fully trusted and who *helped* rather than hurt my lifts.

If there was someone at my gym I felt I could trust, I'd ask them. Until that point, I'll risk being the guy squished by weights. :-)
Ah...easy fix then...just put Gerry in your pocket when you go to the gym and bring him out when needed. :-)
The Professor 07:14 AM 01-27-2009
Ah...easy fix then...just put Gerry in your pocket when you go to the gym and bring him out when needed. :-)
I don't think I want him in my pocket. :-)
Genetic Defect 07:41 AM 01-27-2009
I don't think I want him in my pocket. :-)
I's sure he would be thrilled though :-)
BigFrank 02:21 PM 01-27-2009
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
to be honest I would order WF and get a free sample of vasocharge but to answer your question berry
sounds good

Originally Posted by King James:
first day of volu-grow today....lets see how it works!
Please let us know!

Hit me up when your on the east coast for a spot Proff

Good workout. Hope that shoulder starts gettin stronger
zemekone 08:28 AM 01-28-2009
tweeked my lower back yesterday AM...

looks like im out for a weekish... :-)
Chris. 08:40 AM 01-28-2009
dang that sucks. I'm going to the gym in a few hours. Probably just focus on upper body.
DavenportESQ 08:40 AM 01-28-2009
Originally Posted by zemekone:

Rest and recover. Dont rush it. If it feels good try to stretch, especially hamstrings and hip flexors.
Mugen910 08:40 AM 01-28-2009

Sorry to hear bro..
icehog3 10:10 AM 01-28-2009

Sorry, Brother, I feel your pain.

Day off for me (Yay!)
ChicagoWhiteSox 02:51 PM 01-28-2009
:-)well im gonna go lift
zemekone 05:46 PM 01-28-2009
Originally Posted by DavenportESQ:
Rest and recover. Dont rush it. If it feels good try to stretch, especially hamstrings and hip flexors.
did some hip flexors and sat in the tub for about 45 min... back loosened up nicely...
BigFrank 06:18 PM 01-28-2009
glad to hear you are on the mend gerry. hope everything gets healed up. nothing like a minor injury that is just bad enough to put ya down for a few weeks.

off night for me, might take another day off this week. been going for new maxes this week. been pretty fun.
DrDubzz 06:41 PM 01-28-2009
I've started light lifting with my dumbells again.

I would like to be in shape before it warms up again

(and round is not an acceptable shape)
The Professor 07:40 PM 01-28-2009
Legs are finally feeling 100% from last week ... just in time for leg day tomorrow. :-)

Awesome. Bring da pain. :-)
Page 50 of 350
« First < 40484950 515260100150 > Last »
Up