Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Good Eats>Instant Pot Feed Back
tsolomon 06:17 AM 09-07-2017
We bought one and although we haven't used it that much, we have several friends that use it all the time. It is well made and very user friendly and can do a lot of things that other slow cookers can't. We got ours from Amazon during the November Black Friday sales for ~ $75.
[Reply]
BigAsh 06:40 AM 09-07-2017
I have the 6 qt...used it a lot last winter when first got it, not so much in the summer...will be using it more often now that the weather is chiling..great for quick meal after work....I like it
[Reply]
markem 09:22 AM 11-24-2017
For those who are looking for a deal on the 8-qt, Amazon has a great price for the next 15 hours.

https://smile.amazon.com/Instant-Pot...f_rd_i=desktop
[Reply]
bonjing 01:24 PM 11-24-2017
The 6at digital is on sale too.
[Reply]
bonjing 10:16 AM 12-23-2017
So far, I'm diggin' the instant pot. Made some hard boiled eggs, shoyu chicken and pulled pork. All came out pretty tasty, pulled pork was just missing that BBQ flavor.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 10:20 AM 12-23-2017
Originally Posted by Remo:
How many will you usually be cooking for? I can't say as to why the bigger one but my wife is always saying she wishes she I had the big one, either way they cook very fast and tasty meals.

Fixed it for you, Mike.
[Reply]
stearns 10:10 AM 12-26-2017
Proud new owner, looking forward to playing around with it :-)
[Reply]
dave 08:03 AM 12-28-2017
Wife's had one for about a year and loves it. I tried to use it and couldn't figure out even how to turn it on. Controls aren't exactly intuitive, but there's lots of 'help' online.
[Reply]
stearns 08:10 AM 12-28-2017
I got the 6qt as a gift, went to exchange it for the 8 yesterday but they were out of stock, also wouldn't give me full value for the exchange so the upgrade fee is more than I was expecting. I took the 6 back with me for now still sealed, based on the notes from this thread I think I'll need to upgrade to the 8
[Reply]
Steve 08:15 AM 12-28-2017
For some reason I'm feelin' munchie...
[Reply]
bonjing 08:50 AM 12-28-2017
Originally Posted by stearns:
I got the 6qt as a gift, went to exchange it for the 8 yesterday but they were out of stock, also wouldn't give me full value for the exchange so the upgrade fee is more than I was expecting. I took the 6 back with me for now still sealed, based on the notes from this thread I think I'll need to upgrade to the 8
I purchased the 8qt, Ben. Honestly I think I would have been happy with the 6qt. It's just 3 of us I'm cooking for, the 8qt is for just in case.

Originally Posted by Steve:
For some reason I'm feelin' munchie...
Come on down to sunny California, it's legal here in a few days :-)
[Reply]
stearns 08:56 AM 12-28-2017
Originally Posted by bonjing:
I purchased the 8qt, Ben. Honestly I think I would have been happy with the 6qt. It's just 3 of us I'm cooking for, the 8qt is for just in case.
I only cook for 2 most days, I really want to just keep the 6 I just worry that one day I'll want to cook up a big chunk of meat and it won't fit in. I've never seen one in person other than the box, but I don't think I'll ever be putting anything too big in there. Plus I'm running out of kitchen storage space, so any space savings is useful
[Reply]
CigarNut 08:57 AM 12-28-2017
I only cook for 2 most days, I really want to just keep the 6 I just worry that one day I'll want to cook up a big chunk of meat and it won't fit in. I've never seen one in person other than the box, but I don't think I'll ever be putting anything too big in there. Plus I'm running out of kitchen storage space, so any space savings is useful
We have the 6 and it’s fine — big enough for a pork shoulder :-)
[Reply]
stearns 09:02 AM 12-28-2017
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
We have the 6 and it’s fine — big enough for a pork shoulder :-)
Thanks, think I'm gonna stick with the 6, if I need to cook something bigger I can always use the Sous Vide :-)
[Reply]
bonjing 09:28 AM 12-28-2017
The only reason I stuck with the 8qt was that it was $10 more than the 6qt, on black friday.
[Reply]
stearns 09:41 AM 12-28-2017
Originally Posted by bonjing:
The only reason I stuck with the 8qt was that it was $10 more than the 6qt, on black friday.
I'd be paying $50 extra, so 6qt it is. Thanks!
[Reply]
stearns 07:40 AM 01-09-2018
Been having a lot of fun playing with the instant pot. So far I've made: beef stew, zuppa toscana, pasta with sauce and meatballs/sausage, risotto, ribs, and pork carnitas (probably a couple others). I think the ribs I made last night (like this but with only a salt/pepper rub) were the best thing out of it so far, the only I didn't like was the risotto... I don't know if I did it wrong but the texture was all off, felt more like a rice pilaf. Up the rest of this week is white chicken chili and roasting some chicken for a chopped salad. This is too easy it's almost cheating, I recommend to anybody thinking about getting one :-)
[Reply]
shade 08:51 AM 01-27-2018
I picked up the 6qt during the amazon cyber Monday sale, and have used it a lot.

Most recently I tried my hand at making NY style cheesecakes in the pot. The results were remarkable. Dense, moist, melt in your mouth goodness. Made a caramel sauce to dress up the last one I made. :-)

Another time saving application is making a dozen hard boiled eggs (I love egg salad) at a time. Crack them in a 7" cake pan, set the pan on a trivet and five minutes later you have a perfect hard boiled egg 'cake'.
[Reply]
mk05 11:40 AM 01-27-2018
I have an instant pot, and it is dope. I recommend getting the other non-stick bowl for when you want to make more "interesting" items.
[Reply]
stearns 09:54 AM 02-05-2018
Made some braised lamb shanks yesterday to shred up and put on top of some homemade poutine, browned the shanks on sautee then took them out, put some broths in to mimic what was in the poutine gravy along with a few other aromatics then cooked on high pressure for 45 minutes, let it naturally release for about another 30 minutes (The rest of the meal wasn't ready so I let it do a full natural release to keep it hot), then took them out and the meat fell right off the bone, it was beautiful. I strained the rest of the liquid, put about 1/4C back in the instant pot with the chopped lamb to soak up some more of the juice on keep warm for about 5-10 minutes. Will deifnitely be cooking shanks like this again :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up