Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>artwork
CaRyan 09:02 PM 11-30-2016
I'm looking for a winter project or two and might play with some artwork on a Halliburton to try out a few techniques that may or may not work. So, out of curiosity, what kind of artwork would people look for if they were going to get some custom paint/drawing done on one? If i always just did what I like, I'm guessing no one else would like it, so I'm looking your two cents. Ideas that I've thought of so far that could appeal to a more broad audience are;

copying cigar bands
copying cigar boxes
habanos logos
cigars with smoke

so please, shoot some ideas out there.
[Reply]
croatan 09:13 PM 11-30-2016
The box designs/habanos labels were always some of my favorites--that and Kermit's frog in SoCal.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 09:46 PM 11-30-2016
Always thought the Habanos seal would look good on the front side, much like it is on a cigar box.
[Reply]
Black Coral 06:55 AM 12-01-2016
Cigar band and maybe seal
[Reply]
CaRyan 01:47 PM 12-01-2016
Thanks for the input so far! Are there any particular bands or boxes that everyone likes? I really like the green and gold combo on the punch tubes and it seems like most people like the Monti box deaign. What others do people generally look for. Feel free to keep shooting the ideas out there. This seems to be a regular topic that comes up between a few of us, so the more ideas the better
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 02:00 PM 12-01-2016
I would think the Cohiba yellow with the black and white squares would be insanely popular
[Reply]
pnoon 02:07 PM 12-01-2016
I would think RA, Partagas, RyJ, and LGC would look good as well.
[Reply]
Dux 02:48 PM 12-01-2016
Originally Posted by CaRyan:
I'm looking for a winter project or two and might play with some artwork on a Halliburton to try out a few techniques that may or may not work. So, out of curiosity, what kind of artwork would people look for if they were going to get some custom paint/drawing done on one? If i always just did what I like, I'm guessing no one else would like it, so I'm looking your two cents. Ideas that I've thought of so far that could appeal to a more broad audience are;

copying cigar bands
copying cigar boxes
habanos logos
cigars with smoke

so please, shoot some ideas out there.
When you get that habanos logo perfected let's talk. I have a 50 Cal ammodor I would love to have customized :-)
[Reply]
jonumberone 05:53 AM 12-02-2016
Here's an idea; don't hide a monkey in the picture. :-)
[Reply]
CaRyan 02:00 PM 12-02-2016
Originally Posted by jonumberone:
Here's an idea; don't hide a monkey in the picture. :-)
Hahaha but what would be the fun I that? Plus, I think that was the only reason Roger bought that drawing. I wonder if he has found it yet.
[Reply]
Up