Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 155 of 270
« First < 55105145153154155 156157165205255 > Last »
Good Eats>What's in your smoker?
BigAsh 02:04 PM 04-16-2012
more "moister" = more better....funny how "quality adult beverages" seem to sneak there way into a lot of topics round here....:-)
[Reply]
Steve 02:20 PM 04-16-2012
Originally Posted by BigAsh:
more "moister" = more better....funny how "quality adult beverages" seem to sneak there way into a lot of topics round here....:-)
:-):-)
[Reply]
T.G 09:08 PM 04-16-2012
Saw a good deal on jalapeno white cheddar today.

Bought 20 lbs worth.

It's in the smoker, 5lbs at a time.

FML.

And 2 lbs of German pilsner malt over the last weekend for a rauchbier.
[Reply]
Opusfxd 10:41 PM 04-16-2012
Originally Posted by BigAsh:
"Seems how quality adult beverages" seems to sneak into most Q's. :-)
[Reply]
Steve 07:21 AM 04-17-2012
:-)
[Reply]
Steve 10:16 AM 04-17-2012
Originally Posted by steve:
I'll see if dad snapped a couple.
The serving line

Pulled pork, homemade BBQ beans, coleslaw, patato salad, and a bevy of homemade deserts...yum, yum.

I'm eating some left overs I managed to stash away even as I type!
[Reply]
Mr B 10:38 AM 04-17-2012
Very nice Steve!!
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 03:31 PM 04-17-2012
Originally Posted by steve:
Cooked 125 lbs of pork butt Saturday night for a church picnic yesterday. This time I did a couple of things a little different than I usually do and man did it turn out great. Thanks Brent for letting me steal a couple of your techniques!

I pulled a Smokin' Gator though and didn't take many pictures, just a couple of crappy cell pictures that I was teasing Justin (emopunker) with around 4:00 am while he was working and a couple of hours away from breakfast!
A compliment and a dig in the same post. Not the first time that has happened in these parts!!!

Glad the cook went well brother. As I have said many times... a cooler is your friend. Sleep is good:-)
[Reply]
Steve 05:33 PM 04-17-2012
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
A compliment and a dig in the same post. Not the first time that has happened in these parts!!!

Glad the cook went well brother. As I have said many times... a cooler is your friend. Sleep is good:-)
Oops...sorry 'bout that Brent. No dig intended. I'm gonna blame it on sleep deprivation :-)
[Reply]
OLS 08:31 AM 04-25-2012
Adding way too much to the freezer, so this weekend I am removing stuff, not putting stuff in. I am thawing a rack of BBRs,
a pack of Flanken Beef Ribs, a 8 pack of Nathan's Hot Dogs I am going to roll in bacon and cook indirectly, and about 8 large
hamburgers. I just bought a couple 3-rack packs of small bone spares but I am not convinced I need to be cooking a lot of
food this week. I am losing a few pounds here and there and one sure way to blow that is to find myself with a lot of lefties
in the fridge. So I can't go to BigLahts either...they ought to call that place Big Pants...I get so much chocolate, chips and
nuts there.
[Reply]
OLS 12:02 PM 04-28-2012
Well once again I have no on the grill shots of what was a PERFECT day for grilling and photography.
But because I love you guys, I dirtied a plate for the photos.

I cooked a rack of Baby Backs, made up a dozen Mooinkballs, and 'invented' something called Porkapillars.
I just invented the name, I am sure I am not the first person to ever wrap a Nathan's hot dog in bacon
and smoke it. One complaint, the Nathan's hot dog is a salty dog indeed. You add bacon and you can
only eat one of those things or you will die. But DAMN that's a hell of a way to GO!!!
Attached: BBRs apr28b.jpg (115.3 KB) moinks n porkapillars.jpg (118.8 KB) 
[Reply]
pektel 12:42 PM 04-28-2012
Originally Posted by OLS:
Yesterday I Grilled 6 burgers, then readied the smoker to smoke 6 chicken legs and 8 pork fingers,
or "western Style Pork Ribs" I love those things!
When that was done I smoked a slab of bacon that had been cut up for this asian-style pork belly
that Jon brought up the other day. i got ready to commence that recipe and realized I had no braising
wine or soy sauce. So I smoked them and then cut them up last night into bacon. You know, when I
throw up the lid to the smoker and say, MAN THAT LOOKS UNBELIEVABLE, I should get my CAMERA!
I am sad to say that only one photo was taken and even THAT was after the meat had been put up.
Those look awesome! Very similar to some chicken legs I cooked the other night. I decided to throw a few cherry wood chunks on the coals after cooking the legs for a bit (originally was just going to grill them real quick). Put the legs on indirect heat, Closed the lid, came back 20-25ish minutes later and had that awesome reddish looking, crispy skin. I whipped up a sauce made from store bought BBQ sauce, mixed with some Louisiana wing sauce, mustard, minced garlic, and brown sugar. They were AWESOME.
[Reply]
pektel 12:47 PM 04-28-2012
Originally Posted by OLS:
Well once again I have no on the grill shots of what was a PERFECT day for grilling and photography.
But because I love you guys, I dirtied a plate for the photos.

I cooked a rack of Baby Backs, made up a dozen Mooinkballs, and 'invented' something called Porkapillars.
I just invented the name, I am sure I am not the first person to ever wrap a Nathan's hot dog in bacon
and smoke it. One complaint, the Nathan's hot dog is a salty dog indeed. You add bacon and you can
only eat one of those things or you will die. But DAMN that's a hell of a way to GO!!!
What are the Mooinkballs?

I should pull some back ribs out of the freezer for tomorrow. Grocery store had them on sale for 1.99/pound, so I picked up a few racks.
[Reply]
OLS 02:22 PM 04-28-2012
half MOO, half OINK...I got that from the other guys on here...meatballs wrapped in bacon. They need to come off
after the first round of smoke, I cooked the water out of these. But I had work to do, and thought they would 'slow-cook'.
But they are just dry. The bacon was done in an hour and a bit. They were on three hours. The hot dogs were also
done early, but man it sure didn't hurt them....exstasy.....er ecstasy
[Reply]
jwintosh 10:09 AM 04-29-2012
had a cookout at pnoon's yesterday. i smoked a fattie and a bunch of abt's. used homemade sausage to stuff the abt's. pnoon smoked ribs and chicken. galaga smoked a beef brisket. and cort smoked a couple of chuck roasts. not much really. ha!
[Reply]
pnoon 10:10 AM 04-29-2012
Originally Posted by jwintosh:
had a cookout at pnoon's yesterday. i smoked a fattie and a bunch of abt's. used homemade sausage to stuff the abt's. pnoon smoked ribs and chicken. galaga smoked a beef brisket. and cort smoked a couple of chuck roasts. not much really. ha!
Holy crap. Did we have a lot to eat or what?

Good times.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 01:51 PM 04-29-2012
Originally Posted by jwintosh:
You know Jeff :-)

[Reply]
jluck 02:01 PM 04-29-2012
X2
And they guy holding the "Pichers" sign needs some of that BBQ!
[Reply]
ApexAZ 11:30 PM 04-29-2012
Made pizza this weekend. Dough needed more water as the crust was a little dry, but pretty good overall.

[Reply]
pektel 06:49 AM 04-30-2012
Made a couple things yesterday. Had to, as it was out of the freezer already. Didn't get to eat any of it, on account of being sick. :-)

WTF are you supposed to do with boneless pork "country style" ribs, you ask? Why, you season them and wrap them in bacon, of course! Also threw on a small rack of back ribs (can't have empty space!)

[Reply]
Page 155 of 270
« First < 55105145153154155 156157165205255 > Last »
Up