Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>La Aurora Preferidos 'Ruby' - photography & review
jerseyjay 08:06 AM 03-29-2011

Originally Posted by :
This weeks we are departing from boutique space and diving into classical cigar realm – La Aurora. In the hopper is one of Aurora’s special edition preferidos – a Brazilian Sun Grown covered ‘Ruby.’ Preferido, the cigar that paved the way for manufacturing in Dominican Republic back in 1903, is a perfecto shape vitola which expands to a thick center in the middle. In addition to visually pleasing shape and sweetness off the wrapper, the Special Edition red-jet metal tube adds another dimension to the product. From photographer’s perspective, I was really looking forward to incorporating the color, shape and finish of the metal tube into the ‘set.’

Holding 5/54 La Aurora Preferidos makes me want to see Liga Privada Flying Pig in the same vitola. That would be a pleasure to hold and smoke, wouldn’t it ? The ‘Ruby‘ itself is very well compacted and covered with extremely toothy wrapper. One visible vein with otherwise well blended seams. Initial few puffs produced extreme amount of smoke – thumbs up ! In flavor department, delicious sweetness mixed with wood and characteristics of leather. Throughout the cigar, and especially through retrohale and toward the end, fair amount of spice. Thick and razor sharp burn line, light grey and tight ash scored high in construction department. All around great experience, great cigar and stand up company.
Additional photography / comments, check out cigarphotography.net
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:06 AM 03-29-2011
Great pics...love the second one. :-) :-)
[Reply]
hscmit 08:08 AM 03-29-2011
I really love the gold (corojo wrapper) but the ruby/emerald are a toss up for second place

nice pictures
[Reply]
Aero95 08:44 AM 03-29-2011
Ill pick one up this weekend. Great review!
[Reply]
kickerb 09:32 AM 03-29-2011
sexy pics!
[Reply]
kickerb 09:34 AM 03-29-2011
btw, your link isnt working...this one does...

http://cigarphoto.net/blog/2011/03/l...eferidos-ruby/
[Reply]
cobra03 09:39 AM 03-29-2011
Nice Pics!
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 10:27 AM 03-29-2011
That second pic is just SWEET... :-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 12:42 PM 03-29-2011
Sweet review and fantastic photos!!!:-)
[Reply]
jerseyjay 08:32 PM 03-29-2011
Thanks All ! Feedback is greatly appreciated.

Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Great pics...love the second one. :-) :-)
Check out the blog to see other photographs. There are couple other ones with snow over the tubes. My favorite :-)

Originally Posted by hscmit:
I really love the gold (corojo wrapper) but the ruby/emerald are a toss up for second place

nice pictures
Need to try corojo & cameroon.

Originally Posted by kickerb:
btw, your link isnt working...
Thanks for pointing that out. Unfortunately I can't edit my own post. Weird !
[Reply]
rebelknight 08:37 PM 03-29-2011
Originally Posted by hscmit:

nice pictures
The gold is one of my favorite cigars. I enjoy the emerald and I'm looking forward to trying the ruby once I can justify spending that kind of money.

Awesome pics also.
[Reply]
MurphysLaw 09:55 PM 03-29-2011
Nice review, love the second pic! :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
HollywoodQue 06:14 AM 03-30-2011
Nice pics...looks like a former weed smoker to get the butt that low...lol
[Reply]
kickerb 08:25 AM 03-30-2011
Originally Posted by jerseyjay:
Thanks for pointing that out. Unfortunately I can't edit my own post. Weird !
You only have 15 minutes to edit your own posts. just FYI
[Reply]
kickerb 08:56 AM 03-30-2011
I tell ya, I really wanna try one of these now! But why the heck are they so darned expensive? all of their tubos are pricey :-)
[Reply]
hscmit 09:13 AM 03-30-2011
inspired
[Reply]
jsnake 05:01 PM 03-30-2011
Great photography! I use a cheap point and shoot for my pics. I want to get something nice and try to learn more about taking great pics. Thanks for the post.
[Reply]
jerseyjay 07:48 AM 04-05-2011
Originally Posted by HollywoodQue:
Nice pics...looks like a former weed smoker to get the butt that low...lol
LoL ... Never tried that blend :-)

You only have 15 minutes to edit your own posts. just FYI
Thanks !

I tell ya, I really wanna try one of these now! But why the heck are they so darned expensive? all of their tubos are pricey :-)
No idea. Let me know if you can't track them down at reasonable price.

Originally Posted by jsnake:
Great photography! I use a cheap point and shoot for my pics. I want to get something nice and try to learn more about taking great pics. Thanks for the post.
Thank You. Let me know if you need some pointers.
[Reply]
Starscream 07:20 AM 04-08-2011
Great pics! I've yet to try one of these. Keep saying to myself I will get one someday, but I never do.
[Reply]
Miami Cigar Co. 08:49 AM 04-13-2011
Jay,

Stunning photography, thank you.

MCC
[Reply]
Up