Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 45 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>What's your favorite IPA?
HawkEye19 07:26 AM 05-20-2009
Originally Posted by BeerAdvocate:
Im really enjoying the new Sierra Nevada Torpedo!!!

That Torpedo is some good stuff. Too bad it's next to impossible to find.
[Reply]
DoctaJ 11:19 PM 05-27-2009
By far my favorite is Dogfish 90 minute with the 60 minute getting the consolation prize. I actually wasn't a fan of the 120 minute the two times I have tried it. I found it to be almost too fruity for my tastes. I will have to pick up some Harpoon IPA sometime based on this thread...seems to be well liked :-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 07:18 AM 05-28-2009
Originally Posted by BeerAdvocate:
Im really enjoying the new Sierra Nevada Torpedo!!!
I have been enjoying this a lot lately!!!:-)

BTW - I am well connected and can get this anytime!!! Living in Chico has its advantages!!!
:-)
[Reply]
Cerius 01:04 AM 05-30-2009
Originally Posted by HawkEye19:
That Torpedo is some good stuff. Too bad it's next to impossible to find.
$6.50/sixxer at Safeway. :-)

I'm split between Stone Brewery Ruination IPA and Sierra Nevada Torpedo. The torp is a lot easier to drink, and much cheaper
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 07:19 AM 05-30-2009
Victory IPA
[Reply]
wrinklenuts 08:12 PM 05-31-2009
Full Sail from Oregon all da way!!!
[Reply]
romwarrior 02:48 PM 11-04-2009
This IPA thread needs to not die.

I took a vacation up to Washington state a few weeks ago and was on a big IPA kick. I found one that may be one of my absolute favorite IPA's ever.

Scuttlebutt Gale Force IPA

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be available outside Washington. Too bad as it was awesome.
[Reply]
landhoney 03:17 PM 11-04-2009
Anyone tried Rogue's Yellow Snow IPA? I have not, but I love Amarillo hops, should be a good one.
[Reply]
romwarrior 03:18 PM 11-04-2009
Originally Posted by landhoney:
Anyone tried Rogue's Yellow Snow IPA? I have not, but I love Amarillo hops, should be a good one.
I haven't but they make great stuff. Their Dead Guy Ale is great and I'm sure the IPA is as well...
[Reply]
Jbailey 03:41 PM 11-04-2009
My two favorite IPA's are seasonal's from Ale Asylum
Ballistic IPA and Satisfaction Jackson (double IPA).

I also love Kiss The Lips IPA by Lake Louie and Lagunitas IPA!
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 07:59 PM 11-04-2009
Originally Posted by mrreindeer:
Triple IPA - Pliny the Elder - out of the Russian River Brewing Co. in Santa Rosa, California - awesome stuff
Definitely in my top 5, probably top 3. I only wish I could get it locally.
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 08:05 PM 11-04-2009
Originally Posted by BMTA:
Tea Bagged Furious, made in Minnesota. College buddy sends it to me from time to time!
Haven't had the tea bagged version, but regular Furious is definitely in my top 5 IPAs as well. Had it this past week while I was in Chicago on tap. I really wish I could get some cans of it.
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 08:07 PM 11-04-2009
Originally Posted by HawkEye19:
I'm having one of the Sam Adams Longshot DIPAs (the Pliny clone). It's tasty, but I'd love to hear someone compare it to the real thing.
Pliny is better in all ways, but the Longshot wasn't bad. Longshot wasn't as smooth, was more bitter, but not in a good way. Pliny was more hoppy, but also went down easier. Both were great, but the Longshot just didn't quite get close enough.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 08:19 PM 11-04-2009
I enjoy Founders Centennial IPA. I want to try Three Floyds Dreadnaught IPA though.
[Reply]
cricky101 08:33 PM 11-04-2009
Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes:
Haven't had the tea bagged version, but regular Furious is definitely in my top 5 IPAs as well. Had it this past week while I was in Chicago on tap. I really wish I could get some cans of it.
I'm drinking a pint of Furious right now. Love the stuff!
[Reply]
Jbailey 08:38 PM 11-04-2009
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
I enjoy Founders Centennial IPA. I want to try Three Floyds Dreadnaught IPA though.
The Three Floyds I've tried I enjoyed. I plan on making my way to Dark Lord days next year.

(thread jack off)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 08:45 PM 11-04-2009
Originally Posted by Jbailey:
The Three Floyds I've tried I enjoyed. I plan on making my way to Dark Lord days next year.

(thread jack off)
I love their Alpha King Pale Ale:-)
[Reply]
hornitosmonster 10:14 PM 11-04-2009
Dogfish 60 and 90
Stone IPA
Union Jack
Racer 5
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 10:24 PM 11-04-2009
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
I love their Alpha King Pale Ale:-)
While I can't name a favorite IPA (just top 5 or so), Alpha King IS my favorite Pale Ale. By far the best IMO.
[Reply]
romwarrior 09:25 AM 11-05-2009
Is the Pliny (Pliney??) available in SoCal??
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 45 > Last »
Up