Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Who else makes Wine?
kenstogie 12:21 PM 07-01-2010
Originally Posted by FriendlyMan:
Never tried cider, but if you enjoy it and your happy with the out come? then I think thats what counts.
Mostly I brew beer but the girl I was seeing liked cider sooooooo.... It did turn out well and asctually gwts better with age.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
bigswol2 01:23 PM 07-01-2010
I have an really good dry plum wine bulk aging in a carboy right now!!
[Reply]
FriendlyMan 01:37 PM 07-01-2010
I usaly make Grape wine. But last Summer I had to try some thing new, so I
picked up Blueberries at Costco and made 3 gallons of wine with that and let it go dry. It's almost a year old now and I didnt even taste it yet. I better go get to it :-) I hope its good. As I mentioned before I'm a member on the site www.winepress.us you have a lot of profestional and profestional home wine makers who make wine who are so glad they can help some else make wine. Just like this site with Cigars :-)
The there is a Guy Jack keller he is a wine judge in TX he makes wine from almost anything that grows.
http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/

Originally Posted by bigswol2:
I have an really good dry plum wine bulk aging in a carboy right now!!

[Reply]
bigswol2 01:43 PM 07-01-2010
I'm a member there too. Infact it was there that I caught the bug.
[Reply]
FriendlyMan 02:53 PM 07-01-2010
Yep, I do agree with you on that, it is another hobby that can get really out of control.

Originally Posted by bigswol2:
I'm a member there too. Infact it was there that I caught the bug.

[Reply]
Mark C 07:48 PM 07-03-2010
I've made a batch a year since '07 I think. Some Chilean grape, some California, some local Maryland grape. My best was a Maryland Traminette, a hybrid of Gewurtztraminer and Seyval- it grows on the east cost like a Seyval but has most of the flavor characteristics of the Gewurtz. I fermented dry and then sweetened it a touch with some juice I had set aside. Came out great. Much better than a commercial winery on the other end of the state that bought the same grapes from the same vineyard I did.

Before you ask, I just assumed it was dry because there wasn't nearly enough sugar in the wine to kill the yeast I used and the fermentation stopped on it's own (before I killed the bugs with sorbate). That's good enough for me :-)

I'm a member of winepress also, though I haven't been on in awhile. My family got bigger so my budget got smaller, I make beer now instead :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up