Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 54 of 99
« First < 444525354 555664 > Last »
General Discussion>Wristwatch collectors out there?
sevans105 05:35 PM 03-09-2012
Originally Posted by goomer:
I wouldn't go with a cheap replica. It won't last. The good reps out of asia are still in the hundreds of dollars. Much cheaper than the gens that are thousands, but sill expensive. The expensive reps will generally last longer though.
Oh, I know, Goomer. This isn't an investment piece.....just a fun thing to have....like a cheap poster vs. an actual piece art.

Actually, it was the idea that I could get ANY watch for 30 bucks that made me wonder about the REAL watches (pieces of art) that I would get if I didn't have to consider price.
[Reply]
s15driftking 08:14 PM 03-09-2012
Originally Posted by sevans105:
So, the question for you guys......if money was no object....say you won the powerball...... What watch, or watches, would you want to have?
the most compelling watch ive ever seen...

Cabestan Winch tourbillon

[Reply]
jsnake 08:16 PM 03-09-2012
Originally Posted by s15driftking:
the most compelling watch ive ever seen...

Cabestan Winch tourbillon

Wow that is cool and unique.

If I won the Powerball I do not think I would drop an insane amount of cash on a watch or anything else for that matter.
[Reply]
s15driftking 09:00 PM 03-09-2012
what's 300k between friends? hehe
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 06:49 AM 03-10-2012
So, the question for you guys......if money was no object....say you won the powerball...... What watch, or watches, would you want to have?
My favorite high-end watches are from Lange & Sohne or Vacheron Constantin. Most would pick Patek and any big collector should have a few of them.
[Reply]
BHalbrooks 04:22 PM 03-10-2012
Invicta Signature Russian Diver
Men's Invicta Lefty Russian Diver
Invicta Lefty Russian Diver Black
Sort of wedding present to myself. I'm thinking the 1st one, or the 2nd one more than the 3rd. They're all pretty cheap too.
[Reply]
Thrak 07:04 PM 03-10-2012
I think I'd have to go with the Tag Heuer Monaco V4... absolutely amazing, ground breaking in many ways, and still has the Monaco heritage.

Love it.

[Reply]
Zeuceone 07:27 PM 03-10-2012
wow one day.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 08:15 AM 03-11-2012
Originally Posted by Thrak:
I think I'd have to go with the Tag Heuer Monaco V4... absolutely amazing, ground breaking in many ways, and still has the Monaco heritage.

Love it.

Our shop in Switzerland (or partner) had a hand in making this watch. I forget exactly, but have followed the evolution of this design since near inception. I love the idea of belts instead of sprockets and it just looks killer.

We had a client who wanted to design something similiar with belts, but the inital tooling cost was more than he could afford.

I'd love to see this watch mass-produced! :-)
[Reply]
Volusianator 01:12 PM 03-11-2012
Originally Posted by BHalbrooks:
Invicta Signature Russian Diver
Men's Invicta Lefty Russian Diver
Invicta Lefty Russian Diver Black
Sort of wedding present to myself. I'm thinking the 1st one, or the 2nd one more than the 3rd. They're all pretty cheap too.
I like the first one best.
[Reply]
deaster25 01:15 PM 03-11-2012
Later this month I'm going to see what kind of watch I can trade my 6 month old $1000 wedding band in for.
[Reply]
Boerne One 04:31 PM 03-11-2012
Originally Posted by Volusianator:
I have the RD offshore ,the crown guard is about half the size and it's super comfortable for such a big watch.
[Reply]
BHalbrooks 04:49 PM 03-11-2012
Originally Posted by Volusianator:
Same with my Wife and I.
Originally Posted by Boerne One:
I have the RD offshore ,the crown guard is about half the size and it's super comfortable for such a big watch.
I have no idea what any of that means. lol
[Reply]
Volusianator 04:53 PM 03-11-2012
Originally Posted by BHalbrooks:

I have no idea what any of that means. lol
RD = Russian Diver, the style of that watch. Of course the crown is what sets the time and the RD's have a large canteen shaped cap that screws on over the crown. Depending on the watch and your build, from time to time they can dig into the back of your hand a bit.
[Reply]
s15driftking 09:03 PM 03-11-2012
Well, i have been a "leathersmith" for 2 weeks now (lol).

Here'swhat I have come up with thus far.they are either 24mm or 26mm and SUPER long.

I guess I started making them because i needed long straps. Most are about 85mm + 155mm

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/s15driftking/STRAP3-1.jpg
[Reply]
s15driftking 09:03 PM 03-11-2012

Old worn vintage leather
[Reply]
s15driftking 09:04 PM 03-11-2012
This one has a bunch of texture on it...

A couple newer ones, and the family

Enjoy, more to come.
[Reply]
Zeuceone 09:09 PM 03-11-2012
Those look good.
[Reply]
hammondc 09:33 AM 03-12-2012
damn fine. Want to make me one for a Nixon watch that has a busted band?
[Reply]
Parshooter 10:08 AM 03-12-2012
Originally Posted by Thrak:

Love it.

Nice looking watch, for a non-conventional looking watch. What kills me is these manufacturers putting rubber straps, with their name stamped in, on multi thousand dollar watches. I bought an Invicta years ago that came with a rubber strap and I changed it to a leather strap and it looks 1000x better.
[Reply]
Page 54 of 99
« First < 444525354 555664 > Last »
Up