Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Chewing Cigars
Coz77 06:18 AM 04-30-2009
I was on "another forum" recently and a member stated that "you would enjoy the smoke more if you didn't chew on it and try now to get it to wet."

Ive never experienced this personally. Sometime I chew, sometimes I don't it all depends on what Im doing. Normally I chew when Im golfing, fishing, mowing the lawn or doing other activities because the cigar tends to stay in my mouth longer :-)

I just wanted to know what other inmates thought. How could something like this effect taste...I might be able to see how it could effect the burn yet this has never happened I'm my experience.
[Reply]
Footbag 06:26 AM 04-30-2009
I caught myself chewing a few times, but I would agree that it probably doesn't help the flavor of the smoke.
[Reply]
Commander Quan 06:30 AM 04-30-2009
I don't know that if would effect the taste or not, but I say do what whatever you want. If your are golfing, mowing, etc. your probably not smoking your best stuff and, or focusing so much on on the flavors like you would be if you were sitting to relax and smoke. If you like to chew chew away.

Personally I have a hard time smoking and doing anything else at the same time. My mouth gets to wet with the cigar in it all the time and I start drooling like a St. Bernard
[Reply]
BlackDog 06:33 AM 04-30-2009
Even the sight of someone chewing a cigar makes me gag. I could never chew a cigar.
[Reply]
adampc22 07:00 AM 04-30-2009
gentalmen dont chew lol
[Reply]
Coz77 07:28 AM 04-30-2009
Originally Posted by adampc22:
gentalmen dont chew lol
pish posh...shall I also not...:-)

:-) It's a Cigar.... F'ing sit back, smoke and enjoy. I don't care how you do it
[Reply]
Scottw 07:35 AM 04-30-2009
Originally Posted by BlackDog:
Even the sight of someone chewing a cigar makes me gag. I could never chew a cigar.
I feel the same way. I have a friend who always chews on the sticks I give him so for the last few times I have seen him, he has gotten himself a nice Gurkha.
[Reply]
adampc22 07:49 AM 04-30-2009
Hold a cigar between your index and middle finger

in the uk that is ok to do lol
[Reply]
gnukfu 07:52 AM 04-30-2009
Shoot I know guys who only chew cigars....they don't even smoke em....whatever floats your boat...
[Reply]
Lucky_Hippo 07:52 AM 04-30-2009
It doesn't bother me how anyone else smokes a cigar (wet or dry), drinks their scotch (ice or not), or eats thier steak (sauce or not). Why in the world would I care what someone else puts in thier mouth, let alone how they put it in their mouth.

I myself try not to drool on my chin while smoking, but it's just personal preference. I know guys who like to soak the end in cognac or snub it out and relight it a week later. Meh... To each their own device.

If someone is kind enough to take the time and sit down to enjoy a stoogie with me, they could smoke it through their ear for all I care.

:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
gnukfu 07:53 AM 04-30-2009
Originally Posted by adampc22:
Hold a cigar between your index and middle finger

in the uk that is ok to do lol

Bah I just tried that and almost dropped it! :-)
[Reply]
rizzle 07:53 AM 04-30-2009
Calling Shilala...
:-)
[Reply]
adampc22 08:18 AM 04-30-2009
Originally Posted by gnukfu:
Bah I just tried that and almost dropped it! :-)
it takes skills mate lol
[Reply]
adampc22 08:20 AM 04-30-2009
Originally Posted by Lucky_Hippo:
It doesn't bother me how anyone else smokes a cigar (wet or dry), drinks their scotch (ice or not), or eats thier steak (sauce or not). Why in the world would I care what someone else puts in thier mouth, let alone how they put it in their mouth.

I myself try not to drool on my chin while smoking, but it's just personal preference. I know guys who like to soak the end in cognac or snub it out and relight it a week later. Meh... To each their own device.

If someone is kind enough to take the time and sit down to enjoy a stoogie with me, they could smoke it through their ear for all I care.

:-) :-) :-)

i mate take u up on that offer mate i dont have a problem with smoking it with a ear aslong as the ear isnt chewing it lol
[Reply]
Fumador 08:25 AM 04-30-2009
Yeccchhhh!
[Reply]
jkorp 08:31 AM 04-30-2009
No chewing for me. I personally think the cigar smokes worse when wet, plus I just don't like it. But that's just me, to each his own.

My grandfather would smoke them down to nubs using a toothpick, then chew the nub like he was dipping. Sounds nasty to me, but he liked it. He truly emjoyed his entire cigar, lol.
[Reply]
jledou 08:44 AM 04-30-2009
For me I think it depends on the cigar and what I am doing. Sometimes I look down when I am finished with a cigar and the end is all soggy and flat, other times it is as dry as a bone.

As to whether it would affect the taste? I would give it a good possibility that it would to a certain extent. My thought being that the taste is different in your mouth when it is dry and when your mouth is wet say after taking a drink.
[Reply]
Hardcz 08:57 AM 04-30-2009
I guess Clinton really screwed up his cigar smoking experience then.

Tho whatever floats your boat... if you like to inhale them, whatever....
[Reply]
Skywalker 09:07 AM 04-30-2009
Originally Posted by Hardcz:
I guess Clinton really screwed up his cigar smoking experience then.

Tho whatever floats your boat... if you like to inhale them, whatever....
OMG!!! I just peed a little!!!:-)
[Reply]
Powers 09:20 AM 04-30-2009
Originally Posted by Scottw:
the last few times I have seen him, he has gotten himself a nice Gurkha.
:-)

to each his own
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up