Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>This has gotten on my nerves....
Green Lantern 09:15 AM 04-20-2009
Has anyone smoked some recent Non-Cubans, where the draw has been fair and you knock the ash off to see a hole traveling up through the cigar? its too big to be a beetle hole my guess its the hole left behind when a factory does a draw test through the cigar. I've noticed it recently with Tatuajes the most :-). I pitched a few month old Tat J21 into the ashtray last night cause the draw was piss poor and it got harsh as hell because the tobacco surrounding the channeled hole from the draw test wasn't burning at the same rate. I'm gonna post a pic of a cigar committing the crime after I finish smoking my LFD Coronado Corona Gorda :-)
[Reply]
loki 09:17 AM 04-20-2009
sounds like you may have a tunneling problem. this was nothing to do with draw testing or cc vs nc it is usually a humidity problem
[Reply]
md4958 09:24 AM 04-20-2009
Originally Posted by Green Lantern:
my guess its the hole left behind when a factory does a draw test through the cigar.
I didn't think they inserted anything into the cigar to test the draw :-)

Ive seen this hole too, but its typically not through the entire length of the smoke, and I always figured it was a vein in the leaf.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 10:23 AM 04-20-2009
If they test the draw on a cigar, it is pitched after, they are not going to sell a cigar like that.

I thought they cut the head of the cigar to test the draw???
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 10:26 AM 04-20-2009
I think they draw test the cigar before they apply the cap?
[Reply]
jbo57 12:20 PM 04-20-2009
I've had smaller problems like that, but not the major kind you described. I've noticed it the most on "Cuban Sandwich" cigars...which would make sense to me.
[Reply]
Ranger_B 12:34 PM 04-20-2009
Just my :-) I have never seen a draw test before but I dont see how it would leave a tunnel. Here is a vid I found showing a quick look at a draw test.
http://revver.com/video/465571/draw-testing-cigars/
[Reply]
Green Lantern 12:48 PM 04-22-2009
Thanks for the vid...still annoys me that its been happening to me so frequently with Tats lately.
[Reply]
Chris. 12:57 PM 04-22-2009
I've only had it happen to me with an Oliva G maduro.
[Reply]
md4958 01:13 PM 04-22-2009
Originally Posted by Green Lantern:
Thanks for the vid...still annoys me that its been happening to me so frequently with Tats lately.
Is it happening from Tats from the same box or vitola?

Perhaps this is happening because all the Tats are using a particular breed of leaf that has veins that burn faster than the rest, causing it too look like a hole?

I dunno??

Like I said, I always attributed it to a vein before, especially if it is in the filler portion of the cigar.
[Reply]
krevo 08:57 AM 04-23-2009
This thread is worthless without pics. Literally. :-)
[Reply]
dannyboy 02:00 PM 04-23-2009
I seem to have a similar issue with nearly all the Pepins I smoke, though not anywhere to the degree you describe. It looks more like the very center of the ciagr is not burning at all, but the burn everywhere else is perfectly even...they taste fantastic and burn well except for that one spot in the middle, so I don't worry about it too much.
[Reply]
icantbejon 02:08 PM 04-23-2009
I had this happen to me just recently on two cigars, one a Flor de Oliva Maduro and the other a RP Double Maddy. It pissed me off something fierce. I don't know what to attribute it too, but I don't like it.
[Reply]
KidRock 02:12 PM 04-23-2009
Smoke an Illusione 88 and tell me if you have a draw or ash problem?

You will not...
[Reply]
chippewastud79 02:14 PM 04-23-2009
Sounds like fakes to me :-)
[Reply]
icantbejon 02:15 PM 04-23-2009
Fake RP or $2 Flor de Oliva? I can't imagine anyone would want to fake those.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 02:35 PM 04-23-2009
Originally Posted by icantbejon:
Fake RP or $2 Flor de Oliva? I can't imagine anyone would want to fake those.
I thought they were Tatuaje, and it was a joke either way. Sarcasm is a ***** over the internet. :-)
[Reply]
icantbejon 02:39 PM 04-23-2009
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Sarcasm is a ***** over the internet. :-)
Right? I hate losing my ever present sense of sarcasm of type. Drives me crazy!
[Reply]
Chris. 03:16 PM 04-23-2009
Originally Posted by Chris.:
I've only had it happen to me with an Oliva G maduro.
[Reply]
Green Lantern 09:25 AM 04-27-2009
Originally Posted by KidRock:
Smoke an Illusione 88 and tell me if you have a draw or ash problem?

You will not...
Why smoke 88s when the ECCJs are smoking like a champ :-). I'll fire up one of those Tats later today and see if I get that issue.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up