Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Health and Fitness>Quiting smoking - e-cigs
Devanmc 08:34 AM 10-31-2011
So after the numerous tries to quit cold turkey and failing. I starting reading up on electric cigarette reviews and going to give that a try. I hope to receive my kit in the mail in the next few days and quit for good this time.

I bought the "v2 electric cigarette", it has rock solid reviews everywhere I looked and has some nice starter kits.
linky

I haven't tried it yet so i cant say much other then getting a killer deal. Halloween 20% off special plus another 10% from a review site. :-)

Ill keep this updated once it get it and progress on not smoking another real cig.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 08:36 AM 10-31-2011
Good luck brother. That is a nasty habit, great to see you trying to kick it!
Keep us posted I have a feeling you will do it this time!
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:39 AM 10-31-2011
Good luck Devan. Kellie tried the e-cigarettes...$ 200 later and she's still smoking those Marlboro Reds. :-)
[Reply]
jledou 08:42 AM 10-31-2011
Good Luck Devan!
[Reply]
mariogolbee 09:24 AM 10-31-2011
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Good luck Devan. Kellie tried the e-cigarettes...$ 200 later and she's still smoking those Marlboro Reds. :-)
I haven't smoked a cigarette for about 5 years now, but from what I understand $200 is only one months worth of cigarettes anyway these days.

Devan, good luck. I'm sure you can do anything you want with the amount of determination I've seen from you.
[Reply]
kelmac07 09:36 AM 10-31-2011
Originally Posted by mariogolbee:
I haven't smoked a cigarette for about 5 years now, but from what I understand $200 is only one months worth of cigarettes anyway these days.
Mario...true, but that is what she spent on the electronic cigarettes (three different kinds) and flavoring for them. :-) :-)
[Reply]
chaase321 09:44 AM 10-31-2011
Good Luck Devan!

you mind sharing the two coupon codes you used on this? My wife is wanting to try to use these, but hasn't gotten around to buying one yet.
[Reply]
Devanmc 09:44 AM 10-31-2011
I spent about 5 days looking at reviews on many different websites. Plus even if i dont like it, they have a 30day return policy. So i can return it and try another kit.

cole: the halloween code is automatic for today only. the 10% off is from this review site

http://best-electroniccigarette-revi...gs-coupon-code
or
http://www.electroniccigarettereview...2-cigs-review/

both codes work

once i receive my order in the mail. I will have cards with 15% off codes.
[Reply]
mariogolbee 09:54 AM 10-31-2011
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Mario...true, but that is what she spent on the electronic cigarettes (three different kinds) and flavoring for them. :-) :-)
Well, now that she has them maybe she can try again some time? :-) Unless she got rid of them some how. Three different kinds?
[Reply]
darkleeroy 09:45 AM 11-01-2011
I've been using one since January, had a bit of a relapse a month ago and back on them. They don't really get rid of the cravings for a real cig, but you end up feeling better (as in not getting winded when you walk a block) after a couple of weeks.

Stress is what made me go back for that one month, in case you were wondering.
[Reply]
DBall 12:32 PM 11-01-2011
I know this has nothing to do with the thread, but Mariogolbee has the best avatar EVER!

Good luck on quitting smoking. I quit over 6 years ago after smoking for 15. The first 8 months suck.
[Reply]
poker 12:40 PM 11-01-2011
I been without a regular cigarette for over 1.5 years using e-cigs.
Best unit I found is made by Joyetech model eGo-T.

I get my hardware from here:
Good Prophets
http://www.shop.goodprophets.com/
(Joye eGo-T USB 1000mah TANK Kit)

I get my liquid from here:
Vapor Bomb
http://www.vaporbomb.com/

PM if you have any questions.
[Reply]
Devanmc 01:02 PM 11-01-2011
kelly, want can you recommend for portable e-cigs for me to get ahold of? I need something portable as i regularly smoke walking to class, back from eating, working out and so on. i need something portable aswell.

also, some of the items on the site look exactly like items pictured on V2cigs. Just alot cheaper, :-)
[Reply]
poker 01:50 PM 11-01-2011
The 650mah eGo-T is shorter in length than the 1000mah due to battery length but overall they are the same diameter.

Heres a pic of my 1000mah eGo-T next a dollar bill to show approx size. Once charged, it should last you pretty much all day. Also with the tank system, a full tank should last a day as well.

Personally I would reccomend the 650maH to start with. If you feel you need more battery life you can always just buy 1000mah batteries and you'll be good to go.

http://www.shop.goodprophets.com/pro...&categoryId=64
Attached: photo (Medium).JPG (61.2 KB) 
[Reply]
Devanmc 02:03 PM 11-01-2011
great i have a new "hobby" :-)

thanks for the links kelly. I have alot of looking and trying to do. Im deffinitly going to keep the V2 if it works. But that liquid method looks like a winner aswell.
[Reply]
poker 02:05 PM 11-01-2011
Yeah, I know. I went thru many models before the eGo-T. Trying this and trying that. The eGo-T so far is one of the best I've found.
[Reply]
Partially Deaf 02:07 PM 11-01-2011
I have no experience on this topic, but are cigars a suitable substitute for cigarettes?
[Reply]
Devanmc 02:09 PM 11-01-2011
Originally Posted by Partially Deaf:
I have no experience on this topic, but are cigars a suitable substitute for cigarettes?
unfortunatly no, becuase i cant smoke on in 5min as i walk to class. they are also to expensive to throw away halfway threw without caring.
[Reply]
Devanmc 04:12 PM 11-01-2011
and my order just got shipped :-)

hopping for a thursday delivery
[Reply]
Devanmc 09:14 AM 11-05-2011
well this is the kit, minus the usb e-cig and 4 more 5packs.

works pretty good. got sick the first time. puffed on it a few to many times in front of video games and go abit green from nicotine.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up