Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Arganese Nicaraguan robusto
Don Fernando 11:11 AM 09-16-2010
Another Arganese review, next in the series from the sampler I got. This is the Nicaraguan, and with a name like that you might expect a puro, but it is not. Only the wrapper is Nicaraguan, the binder and filler are from the Dominican republic. The size is a classic 5x50 and the cigar is wrapped in cellophane.

The wrapper is medium dark and oily with lots of veins. I smell a sour barnyard aroma, like a stable that needs to be cleaned. The construction feels good and the predraw is fine. I get a spicy tobacco flavor in my mouth during the predraw.

I get a full coffee and earth flavor with some pepper and a mild hint of chocolate. After half an inch I taste dry wood, herbs, pepper and the earth flavor. The coffee and chocolate have disappeared.

After an inch and a half the chocolate reappears, again faint but still, it is there. Just before I reach the mid of the cigar I taste wood and herbs, all the other flavors have gone again. After ⅝ the cigar get bitter and slightly unpleasant. I purge the cigar and that helps a bit, but the cigar never becomes as nice as before that point.

This cigar lasted me an hour and fifteen minutes. The smoke was medium thick and I got a decent amount of smoke in the beginning but the smoke got thicker and fuller the longer I smoked. The draw and burn are good and the silvergray ash is frayed but firm. This cigar is full flavored and full bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? I think I will stick to the Arganese maduro, I like those better.

Appearance: 6 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 6 / 10
[Reply]
Up