Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Arganese Connecticut robusto
Don Fernando 11:06 AM 09-15-2010
This is another review in the series of 6 Arganese robustos that I am reviewing and this was the one I had most prejudice about. Connecticut wrappers (with an exception for broadleaf Connecticut) just aren't my cup of tea, so I dreaded this 5x50 robusto, especially after tasting the Double Wrap, in which the Connecticut wrapper ruined the cigar.

The wrapper is pale, almost yellow but also smooth, silky and almost completely veinless. The cigar has a nice hay smell. The construction feels good and the predraw is fine. I taste tobacco with a little pepper punch.

I taste a harsh and bitter coffee flavor, strong and powerful but unpleasant and that flavor gets accompanied with some sweetness. After half an inch the flavors lose a lot of strength but they are still unpleasant.

After an inch and a half the bitterness disappears and I taste an earthy flavor with some chocolate and the flavors are mild metallic. Halfway the earth flavor turns a bit sour and even though I lose the chocolate I get some wood too and a nice sweetness, a bit like cotton candy. After two thirds I taste wood and herbs and these flavors are spicy.

This cigar lasted me for an hour and five minutes. I got a lot of smoke from this cigar and the pepper & salt colored ash is firm. This cigar is medium to full flavored and medium bodied. The burn and the draw are good.

Would I buy this cigar again? No, this cigar made it clear again that I just don't like Connecticut wrappers.

Appearance: 7 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Aroma first part: 4 / 10
Aroma second part: 6 / 10
Aroma third part: 6 / 10
[Reply]
G G 11:42 AM 09-15-2010
:-) me neither Ferdie.
[Reply]