Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Camacho Liberty-2010 Editon
papajohn67 09:28 PM 09-07-2010
Ok so I read a couple of steller reviews on the new 2010 Liberty and since I consider myself a fan of previous editions I got my grubby little hands on a couple.

Wow....they still make a neat little coffin to package them in, to bad they packed this years cigar in it.

My observations: nice looking stick, sharp even burn, easy draw, mild......but no taste. I mean did these guys actually do a test drive on this years offering before sending it to market? I really think had I been handed this stick sans the band I might well have pegged it as one of Holt's or CI's famed catalog specials. You know the ones that read " We know it's cheap but what do you expect for a $1".

Perhaps I'm just jaded expecting a $16 cigar to offer something other than gimmicky packaging. Guess I'll have to leave it to the real connoisseurs out in the cigar world to set me straight as to what I am missing when comes to the new 2010 Liberty.
[Reply]
papichulo 09:51 PM 09-07-2010
Wow John!! You always swear by these and they have always been wonderful. I am miffed... It has a super premium price and it should deliver. I am sorry to hear this year's edition is like smoking a ten year old rolled up news paper from the barn on a hot summer day. Maybe it was just a bad one and your other one will smoke like a liberty should. Good luck, Brent
[Reply]
Chingas 04:46 AM 09-08-2010
John. I too am a fan of the Liberty Series. I gifted a few friends some of the 10's and they loved them. I however have had one and it made me sick. Only once in a blue moon does a cigar do that to me.

I have 2 more to try before I throw the towel in on the 10's for this year. I'll need to let a few sit until next year as the 4th of July tradition is to smoke a previous years Liberty. We shall wait and see but I certainly wouldt light the match to the box until you've had another.
[Reply]
dwoodward 04:48 AM 09-08-2010
A bad Liberty review? This is a first for my eyes... Interesting.
[Reply]
bigdix 05:28 AM 09-08-2010
Sh*t happens. Sorry, brother! Try another in a while. I like to reserve judgment after at least a couple. :-) Thanks for the heads up!
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 06:25 AM 09-08-2010
Last years was my favorite, still need to try this years!
[Reply]
Patrick B 11:45 PM 09-08-2010
I like the one I had, but it's not as good as the 09 offering for sure...
[Reply]
jechelman 01:50 PM 09-09-2010
So John, can I take that as a :-)? It's a shame since previous additions have been :-). Maybe you just got a bad one and the next one you try, if there is a next one, will be a winner. But, just in case, I recommend you take something else on your cruise.
[Reply]
Mad Max 03:12 PM 09-09-2010
No surprise, the 09's Sucked!
[Reply]
Chingas 09:15 PM 09-09-2010
Originally Posted by Mad Max:
Really, you didn't like the '09 at all?
[Reply]
Steelergar 09:22 PM 09-09-2010
I started a thread last January called biggest waste of money cigar of the year 09 after I smoked a Liberty 09.
[Reply]
Chingas 09:24 PM 09-09-2010
Originally Posted by Steelergar:
I started a thread last January called biggest waste of money cigar of the year 09 after I smoked a Liberty 09.
Have you had more than one or after the first you wrote it off?
[Reply]
Ratters 10:42 PM 09-10-2010
I've liked all of them. I haven't had this one though, I wonder if it just needs some time.

I remember when the 10th Anniversary Camacho came out, I thought it was bland and sucky, but with a year or two on them they were actually pretty decent smokes.
[Reply]
papajohn67 11:16 PM 09-10-2010
Originally Posted by Ratters:
I've liked all of them. I haven't had this one though, I wonder if it just needs some time.

I remember when the 10th Anniversary Camacho came out, I thought it was bland and sucky, but with a year or two on them they were actually pretty decent smokes.
Hell I'm an old man....don't know if I have enough time left to age them. :-)
[Reply]
Steelergar 10:56 PM 09-11-2010
Originally Posted by Chingas:
Have you had more than one or after the first you wrote it off?
I wrote them off. I can't afford to convince myself to like the 09 version. There's too many cigars that I like thats 1/2 the price. Depending on the wrapper of the Liberty in other years I might give them a try.
[Reply]
Bax 01:22 AM 09-12-2010
Originally Posted by Mad Max:
:-)
Loved the '07 but the '09 was rank!
[Reply]
Ratters 01:46 AM 09-12-2010
Originally Posted by papajohn67:
Hell I'm an old man....don't know if I have enough time left to age them. :-)
Ha, for me they are too pricey anyhow. I've smoked quite a few but either got really good deals or they were gifts. I really liked the '07. I have an '09, but haven't smoked it yet. Funny people say they don't like them, most reviews I saw of it when it came out really liked it.
[Reply]
Chingas 10:05 AM 09-12-2010
I guess it's a toss up. I hear the '05's and '07's were the best. Waiting to try an '05 but I thought the '07, '08 and '09 were good. Had a bad experience with the '10 but i'll try again in a month or two.
[Reply]
Up