Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 10 of 15
« First < 8910 1112 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Mac's Apple Pie Shine
Savor the Stick 03:07 PM 09-30-2012
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Kevin...that recipe is for a single batch and will make you about 9 quarts. I just double the ingredients to make two batches. Problem is having a pot large enough to handle it all. :-)
That's what I was thinking also...so I am just planning on doing 2 separate batches.

B was thinking along that same line of getting a bigger pot but my burner would tend to make a single hot spot in the middle of the pot; and with all that sugar in the mix...probably burn. Much rather make up 2 separate batches.

Thanks Y'all !

[Reply]
big a 03:08 PM 09-30-2012
I have some left over from last year that ill have to dig out of the frig and see how they are. I also grabbed some fireball whiskey that I'm going to throw in the next batch later this year.
[Reply]
kelmac07 03:12 PM 09-30-2012
Originally Posted by Savor the Stick:
That's what I was thinking also...so I am just planning on doing 2 separate batches.

B was thinking along that same line of getting a bigger pot but my burner would tend to make a single hot spot in the middle of the pot; and with all that sugar in the mix...probably burn. Much rather make up 2 separate batches.

Thanks Y'all !
Isn't an issue if you stir it ocasionally. Last three or four batches I have made have been double batches. Only real issue with making a double batch in one pot is that it takes forever to bring to a boil...like 75 minutes.
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:25 AM 11-03-2012
Making two batches as we speak for Epic V. :-) :-)
[Reply]
EricF 08:38 AM 11-03-2012
Making two batches as we speak for Epic V. :-) :-)
:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
CigarGuy88 08:45 AM 11-03-2012
Anybody semi local to MA know where to get everclear? Kinda wanna make this for a x-mas party coming up and obviously can't get it here
[Reply]
TJtorpedo 06:38 PM 11-04-2012
Originally Posted by CigarGuy88:
Anybody semi local to MA know where to get everclear? Kinda wanna make this for a x-mas party coming up and obviously can't get it here
I don't know how far you are from Rhode Island, but you can get it there. I believe they sell the 190 proof version. Careful with that stuff!
[Reply]
Savor the Stick 08:00 PM 11-04-2012
I made a batch of this about 2 weeks ago. I had to make my own cider (could not find cider hereabouts...the 20#'s of Gala apples only cost me $10.

I also use some whole All Spice, clove and vanilla pods...when first made up this is some potent stuff...but I think it will mellow out some.

Here is a link to some pics.

LINK

[Reply]
EricF 02:15 PM 11-18-2012
Made my first batch this weekend! Just gotta keep some safe for me!!! :-)
My boys love this stuff!!!
[Reply]
kelmac07 03:10 PM 11-18-2012
I see almost a full bottle of Everclear left. ???
[Reply]
Ogre 03:39 PM 11-18-2012
Erics a lite weight, Its all he can handle.:-):-)
[Reply]
EricF 03:59 PM 11-18-2012
I put a whole bottle in the batch and a shot in the bottom of the jars to help things along! :-)
[Reply]
never_enough 04:02 PM 11-18-2012
Can I freeze some good cider in its own jug and then make this in the summer? Probably a dumb question :-):-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:41 PM 11-18-2012
Originally Posted by never_enough:
Can I freeze some good cider in its own jug and then make this in the summer? Probably a dumb question :-):-)
Not really sure that would turn out...cider has gotta be fresh to to get the pie taste. Not sure the unfrozen stuff would work out too well. :-) Really never know until you try.
[Reply]
never_enough 05:04 PM 11-18-2012
Was curious if the cider would taste different.

At Cider Hill farm where I use to live, obviously they make cider, and I noticed they sell whats leftover from the fall in the summer and its frozen in the jugs. Didn't know if anyone had any experience with that.

But after reading this page (should have done that first) seems like this stuff keeps really well. Might as well just make it now.
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:08 PM 11-18-2012
I've had some in the fridge for almost 10 months ago and it still tastes fine. :-) :-)
[Reply]
never_enough 05:14 PM 11-18-2012
Thats awesome. I will just make some this week and attempt to not drink all of it.

I made a batch from the original recipe in this thread and liked it. How is the evolution compared to the original? Just a refinement of the recipe?
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:24 PM 11-18-2012
How is the evolution compared to the original? Just a refinement of the recipe?
Just yummier. :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
never_enough 05:27 PM 11-18-2012
:-) :-):-)

Can't wait to make some

How does this pair up with a good maduro cigar by the way?
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:17 PM 11-18-2012
how does this pair up with a good maduro cigar by the way?
PERFECT pairing!!! :-)
[Reply]
Page 10 of 15
« First < 8910 1112 > Last »
Up