Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 5 of 28
« First < 345 6715 > Last »
Jokes>How Old Are You?
Silound 10:17 AM 06-15-2012
Jeeze, I feel older than I really am now.
[Reply]
OLS 10:24 AM 06-15-2012
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe:
Anybody else own one of these?

Sadly that thing made SO MUCH SENSE when you were playing it, too, that's what's scary....
4 pages so far and ain't been stupmed yet, except for the skate key. I made an assumption on that one,
never had skates, but I am pretty sure that's what that one is. My dad brought me the electronic football
home from one of his weekend'ly runs to all the thrift stores in NO. What a time I had with that one.

As for the Zip handle on the smash up derby cars, that was actually used for a product that came BEFORE
Smash-Up Derby, although it was the same basic product. The aim of the original was JUST speed, but of
course, it wasn't long before the excitement of SUD sets came out. As I recall those prior cars were FAST!!
That poured metal alloy central core for the wheel and the massive rubber exterior...you're right, if that thing
skidded off your palm when it was spinning it was a bad deal. And now that I mention it, the Evel Kneivel set
also used a similar zip system. WOW, those cars were bad-a55! I had two of em. A kid that came to visit us
one Christmas from Michigan had a BRAND NEW smash up derby set. I remember that weekend, too, cause he
burned the $hi+ out of his hand on sparkler wires and I blistered mine in touching all three rails of a Lionel Train
track at once. It was a SICK imprint, lol. I am guessing my hand was sweaty, as it often was as a kid.
[Reply]
T.G 10:32 AM 06-15-2012
Originally Posted by Ogre:
One of my favorites as a kid

They still make those, but they're plastic now.

In fact, I think that photo might be of the new ones, I don't remember any of the plastic bases, doors, rooflines etc...
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 10:34 AM 06-15-2012
I'm, sadly, too old for electronic games when I was a kid. We didn't even have calculators until I was finishing high school.
[Reply]
OLS 10:38 AM 06-15-2012
HAHAHA, I just checked out the layout to see which two I had. I had forgotten completely about "The Black Jack".
That was the most bada55 looking car. I also had a King Cobra in purple. I think everyone in my neighborhood had 1.

[Reply]
OLS 10:42 AM 06-15-2012
Originally Posted by T.G:
They still make those, but they're plastic now.

In fact, I think that photo might be of the new ones, I don't remember any of the plastic bases, doors, rooflines etc...
Oh yeah, the OLD Lincoln Logs had Wooden Roof slats. All you got in plastic was the end supports
for the roof. The roof slats were thin, green and a little splintery and certainly broke "easy" . In my
house they had help.

[Reply]
T.G 10:45 AM 06-15-2012
Originally Posted by OLS:
Oh yeah, the OLD Lincoln Logs had Wooden Roof slats. All you got in plastic was the end supports
for the roof. The roof slats were thin, green and a little splintery and certainly broke "easy" . In my
house they had help.
Yes! And then after we broke a few roof slats, mom or dad would cut a few pieces of cardboard out the same size as the wooden roof slats and color them green with a marker.

And in my house, there were always a few of the longer logs that had chew marks all over one or both ends because we left them out and the dog got to them. :-)
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 10:45 AM 06-15-2012
This is the back of something that if you saw the front it would be obvious.
[Reply]
OLS 10:50 AM 06-15-2012
THIS WAS THE SHI+ !! Accept no substitutes! The Marx Electro-shot Shooting Gallery. Constant ball bearing
gravity feed, you could shoot away for hours.

[Reply]
T.G 10:54 AM 06-15-2012
Remember those red & white steroscopic 3D viewers? The ones with the disks you dropped in and there was a lever on the side for advancing to the next picture while you pointed them towards a light. Some even had "companion records" that would narrate the story.

I'm drawing a blank on the name... Viewmatic?
[Reply]
Skywalker 11:02 AM 06-15-2012

Sadly, some of us remember when this was invented!:-)
[Reply]
massphatness 12:00 PM 06-15-2012

OH MY GOD! I LOVED THAT GAME -- taking your flashing dot down the sideline on a long run was the shiznit!
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 12:36 PM 06-15-2012
Originally Posted by T.G:
Remember those red & white steroscopic 3D viewers? The ones with the disks you dropped in and there was a lever on the side for advancing to the next picture while you pointed them towards a light. Some even had "companion records" that would narrate the story.

I'm drawing a blank on the name... Viewmatic?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/View-Master
[Reply]
Dave128 12:51 PM 06-15-2012
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
Guess Dave never owned those old clunky roller skates with the steel wheels that clamped on over your shoes... I certainly did :-)
Believe it or not, that was my guess! My mom still has a pair up in their attic! It's funny how the wheels are all pock-marked from rolling on the pavement.
[Reply]
Dave128 12:57 PM 06-15-2012

I still have mine, but it's a two player version with controls at both ends and the field in the middle AND it still works!
[Reply]
tsolomon 04:31 PM 06-15-2012
Originally Posted by Skywalker:

Sadly, some of us remember when this was invented!:-)
Yes to all and this thread can make you feel that way.
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 05:08 PM 06-15-2012
Originally Posted by tsolomon:
Yes to all and this thread can make you feel that way.
Your avatar could be on the list.
[Reply]
SvilleKid 09:30 PM 06-15-2012
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman:
Heck, every house had one of these:
Oh no they didn't!!!! Ours was stationary. It got adjusted by my dad yelling thru the window for me to turn the pole some more!!! Only thing I had one of those for was on my CB base, to steer the beams to get the best "bounce"!
[Reply]
Jasonw560 09:32 PM 06-15-2012
I have that football game somewhere at home.

I remember the SUD had a ramp with it. I used to use the ramp with the Evel Knevil zip bike and using it to jump my Hot Wheels.

My mom would get so mad when I would zip the bike, and hold it as it screeched on the terrazzo floor.
[Reply]
carguy13 06:05 PM 06-16-2012
24... i'm a youngin'
[Reply]
Page 5 of 28
« First < 345 6715 > Last »
Up