Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Coffee Discussion>The Espresso Ledge
w squared 11:39 AM 10-24-2011
Well first I'm all like "that's because you don't know what you're missing"....but then I'm all like :-)

And once I finish slapping myself around, I say "Your equipment makes coffee that you like, and my equipment makes coffee that I like...so let's all like our coffee." Drink what you like, like what you drink?

I'm honestly not a huge fan of most drip coffee...but I'm glad that you've got a setup that works for you!
[Reply]
floydpink 07:12 PM 10-24-2011
Originally Posted by Lonely Raven:
I'm sorry, I must have stepped into the wrong thread.

I'm using a well seasoned Mr Coffee from 1984, a "gold" permanent filter, I get pre-ground coffee, and I've got everything dialed in just the way I like it. I've tried better equipment, and I just can't get it to make coffee better then what I have now... but what you guys are talking about cost more then my last motorcycle...
Don't feel bad about your coffee gear, at least you're not walking around like Mr Moo in a pair of these....

[Reply]
Mister Moo 01:00 PM 10-25-2011
Originally Posted by floydpink:
Don't feel bad about your coffee gear, at least you're not walking around like Mr Moo in a pair of these....
Wow! If I had 'em, I'd wear 'em. I concede I HAD to get me an official Tyler ("Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility!") Durden "Fight Club" bathrobe a while back. I wear it a lot. That's Brad Pitt in the picture - not me.

[Reply]
Jenady 10:56 AM 02-01-2012
Originally Posted by Resipsa:
Talk me back from the edge.

First off, I love my current setup. I've got a Macap 4 stepless grinder paired with a Quickmill Anita machine. I lack for nothing but better barista skills, though I'm pretty good. You got the tools, you got the talent.:-)

Still. The call of some of the newer grinders at Chris Coffee is strong.

Bigger, badder burrs....but better? You tell me. Since the ones I'm looking at are some serious coin (north of 1k) It's not a decision I'm taking lightly.

Just wonder if the uptick in taste will justify the uptick in cost

Moo, I'm sure you can help
Brother I know your fear.

In a large part this forum led me to the edge of that slope. I then fell off the edge. After a long list of moka pots and a french press I moved on to a Expobar Brewtus IV-R. I then decided my Rocky needed an upgrade. I am supposed to receive my Compak K10 Professional Barista from Chris' tomorrow.

Now only time will tell if I am finally finished sliding. :-) What's left but home roasting?
[Reply]
floydpink 08:24 AM 02-03-2012
My setup is similar to Vic's (Macap and Brasilia Gabriella). And thankfully the upgrade bug hasn't hit me in a long time, although I have been looking at roaster upgrades....
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up