Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
All Cigar Discussion>Camacho Cigars
tobii3 09:32 AM 11-19-2009
Originally Posted by Ratters:
....they way they jacked up their prices even before SCHIP.
Try not to forget what happened last year.

Originally Posted by :
As of October 1st, 2008, Camacho Cigars, based in Danli, Honduras and Miami, Florida will become a proud member of the Oettinger Davidoff Group based in Basel, Switzerland
Funny thing, the same thing happened to JdN when they were transferred over to Drew Estates as well.

Originally Posted by :
Esteli, Nicaragua – Joya de Nicaragua S.A. (JdN), the makers of the venerable JOYA DE NICARAGUA® brand of premium handmade cigars, announced today that Drew Estate will replace SAG Imports as their new distributor for all the cigars it manufactures for import and sale within the United States.
Don't hate the guy at the bottom for something that was decided at the top.
csbrewfisher 09:57 AM 11-19-2009
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
I saw this video and pretty much said WTF is this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEW9dqFbl8w
So uhhhhhh are you saying your like a new style masons group?
I guess I am confued I thought this was about cigars, yet this whole thing looks like MMA Vegas guy meets cigar.
When I look at this video, it makes me want to run as fast in the other direction as I can. I can never have anything in common with this style of branding. If I had no notion that it was Camacho, I would guess It was a party promoting Acids.
akumushi 11:49 AM 11-19-2009
I avoided this whole thing from the start because I tend to get nauseated by that kind of marketing (I am not what you would call the ideal demographic for the Black Band Project or Room 101) and I knew that even if I did get a freebie out of the watching the videos (I watched one and was turned off from the whole project) then the marketers of the Black Band Project would have my e-mail, my mailing address and it just be one more source of potential spam.

Until I finally put my foot down and told her no more, my wife was the queen of going for the "FREE" gas card, trip to Vegas etc, and as a result of her gullibility about these offers we have had a lot of spamming of our e-mails, mail, and even worse, a couple instances of the marketers trying to charge our credit card accounts for services we had cancelled after the "FREE" trial expired. We had to haggle repeatedly because they kept "forgetting" that we had cancelled our membership and they were charging us month after month.

Daustin, this is the day and age we live in: a time of spam and scam. Don't get me wrong, in I am not blaming Camacho or Room 101 project for intentionally doing anything like that. Any failure on their part is most likely due to poor execution. I am simply pointing out that that is the climate of our times. There are a million instances of the "Nigerian Prince" phishing for our info, or the Kevin Trudeaus of the word selling desperate people books to cure serious illness with blueberries.

So, in this day and age, the challenge for the Camacho’s Black Band Project or any similar marketing strategy is this: if you do not fulfill your promise of giving free cigars to the participants in your promotion, even if it is only 5% of the total, then you put your reputation at stake, because in the eyes of those people you have crossed the line between being clever marketers and have stepped into the territory of creating a viral scam, albeit a mostly harmless and possibly entertaining one in this case. If you do not fulfill your obligation 100%, you will make the impression that you are scammers, and that is why a handful of people are so angry. They gave you their information, they watched your videos, they trusted you, and now they expect you to live up to your word. It's about integrity, business practice and reputation. If Camacho’s Room 101 cigars really are about a lifestyle, an attitude and brotherhood, failing to honor your word on your first impression for most of us is a hell of a way to get that across.
csbrewfisher 11:56 AM 11-19-2009
Well said Clayton.
Savor the Stick 12:18 PM 11-19-2009
Originally Posted by akumushi:
I avoided this whole thing from the start because I tend to get nauseated by that kind of marketing (I am not what you would call the ideal demographic for the Black Band Project or Room 101) and I knew that even if I did get a freebie out of the watching the videos (I watched one and was turned off from the whole project) then the marketers of the Black Band Project would have my e-mail, my mailing address and it just be one more source of potential spam.

Until I finally put my foot down and told her no more, my wife was the queen of going for the "FREE" gas card, trip to Vegas etc, and as a result of her gullibility about these offers we have had a lot of spamming of our e-mails, mail, and even worse, a couple instances of the marketers trying to charge our credit card accounts for services we had cancelled after the "FREE" trial expired. We had to haggle repeatedly because they kept "forgetting" that we had cancelled our membership and they were charging us month after month.

Daustin, this is the day and age we live in: a time of spam and scam. Don't get me wrong, in I am not blaming Camacho or Room 101 project for intentionally doing anything like that. Any failure on their part is most likely due to poor execution. I am simply pointing out that that is the climate of our times. There are a million instances of the "Nigerian Prince" phishing for our info, or the Kevin Trudeaus of the word selling desperate people books to cure serious illness with blueberries.

So, in this day and age, the challenge for the Camacho’s Black Band Project or any similar marketing strategy is this: if you do not fulfill your promise of giving free cigars to the participants in your promotion, even if it is only 5% of the total, then you put your reputation at stake, because in the eyes of those people you have crossed the line between being clever marketers and have stepped into the territory of creating a viral scam, albeit a mostly harmless and possibly entertaining one in this case. If you do not fulfill your obligation 100%, you will make the impression that you are scammers, and that is why a handful of people are so angry. They gave you their information, they watched your videos, they trusted you, and now they expect you to live up to your word. It's about integrity, business practice and reputation. If Camacho’s Room 101 cigars really are about a lifestyle, an attitude and brotherhood, failing to honor your word on your first impression for most of us is a hell of a way to get that across.
+1
tobii3 12:59 PM 11-19-2009
No, the problem is NOT that we live in a world of ""scam and spam", we live in a world where the younger generation stands there with their hand out expecting something for nothing.

Then when they get nothing, they piss, b*tch, whine, moan and complain.

""Well, I am here, you're supposed to give me something""
akumushi 02:09 PM 11-19-2009
Originally Posted by tobii3:
No, the problem is NOT that we live in a world of ""scam and spam", we live in a world where the younger generation stands there with their hand out expecting something for nothing.

Then when they get nothing, they piss, b*tch, whine, moan and complain.

""Well, I am here, you're supposed to give me something""
So are you saying that there isn't rampant spamming and criminal scamming out there right now? All those investors with Bernie Madoff and hard working people whose 401Ks disappeared because hedge fund managers were short selling mortgage backed derivatives are just b!tching and moaning and waiting for a handout? What world do you live in?
vankleekkw 03:26 PM 11-19-2009
I haven't posted from the beginning because I am very disappointed with the attacks on fellow BOTL because of my post. Certain people obviously didn't read the entire post, because it was never about FREE anything. My entire issue with Camacho cigars has to do with Poor Business.

Dylan is not some hero for handing out free cigars. He is a marketing employee for Camacho cigars. It would be the same thing as getting a coupon for breakfast cerael and the store not honoring the coupon. It is a MARKETING campaign. Camacho did not give out free cigars for the Brotherhood. They handed them out to get you to buy more of their product. It is marketing 101.

To call people names and delete items because people call you out on running a poor marketing campaign is just childish. Give up on the entitlement speach because it is old. I am not entiltled to crap. I don't go looking for a handout. I don't give a crap about the cigars. I think that Camacho and specifically Dylan ran a piss poor campaign and think that he needs to step up to the podium and finally admit it. Be a big enough Businessman to take your lumps for screwing up without resorting to adolescence taktics.
tobii3 03:46 PM 11-19-2009
Originally Posted by akumushi:
So are you saying that there isn't rampant spamming and criminal scamming out there right now? All those investors with Bernie Madoff and hard working people whose 401Ks disappeared because hedge fund managers were short selling mortgage backed derivatives are just b!tching and moaning and waiting for a handout? What world do you live in?
you want to talk Business 101??

You ""invest"" in something that isn't physically there. Hmmm....what's that called again...NOTHING. Now, you throw THOUSANDS of dollars at it with the HOPE that you will make MILLIONS from it.

Hmmm...you want SOMETHING....from NOTHING.
akumushi 04:02 PM 11-19-2009
you want to talk Business 101??

You ""invest"" in something that isn't physically there. Hmmm....what's that called again...NOTHING. Now, you throw THOUSANDS of dollars at it with the HOPE that you will make MILLIONS from it.

Hmmm...you want SOMETHING....from NOTHING.

As for the so called short selling mortgages, do you even have a Mortgage of which to even base any experience on??
The 401Ks lost by hard working Americans were heavily invested in mutual funds that were unscrupulously opaque and designed to look like solid, low risk investments, while they were in fact loaded with hot air. It is the greedy executives that were milking money out of nothing that deserve our ire, and not the working class investor, who was doing what had for years been considered gospel as the proper way to invest; "put your money in a diversified mutual fund that is well managed and it will slowly grow." Clearly, if you think that when a hedge fund short sells mortage backed derivatives, it has anything to do with me going to my local bank for a mortage, or that said bank short selling a home that has been foreclosed, then you need to go back to Business 101 yourself.
Tio Gato 04:17 PM 11-19-2009
Originally Posted by csbrewfisher:
Well said Clayton.
:-)

Wow, just found this tread (where have I've been?) and I gotta laugh.
These cigars are about a lifestyle? I wouldn't be caught dead at a Heavy Hitter/Camacho cigar event. Although I have a feeling that if I went, I may not fit in.:-)

Time for Julio to have a chat with Christian.:-)
Ahbroody 04:40 PM 11-19-2009
This trainwreck needs to get locked down.

I dont really get why it is getting so personal. Everyone needs to put their flame throwers away. I am glad I didnt do the videos after seeing all this mess.
Sr Mike 04:44 PM 11-19-2009
Tobii3, when are you going to post something of substance? Your posts have been negative, condescending, and insulting others. If you do not like what is here and cannot communicate constructively, how about not even viewing these threads, let alone participate?
bobarian 04:47 PM 11-19-2009
My butt has that itch. :-)
T.G 04:50 PM 11-19-2009
I love lamp.
akumushi 05:11 PM 11-19-2009
Bob's butt has spoken. I shall walk away from this thread.:-)
tobii3 05:25 PM 11-19-2009
Originally Posted by Sr Mike:
Tobii3, when are you going to post something of substance?
As opposed to 6 months of immature, selfish little brats whining about not getting free cigars??

6 MONTHS.

We took Baghdad in 3 weeks. You're still crying over not getting FREE cigars after 6 months.

That enough substance?? Or do I need to point out your incessant whining in every post???
T.G 05:39 PM 11-19-2009
As opposed to 6 months of immature, selfish little brats whining about not getting free cigars??

6 MONTHS.

We took Baghdad in 3 weeks. You're still crying over not getting FREE cigars after 6 months.

That enough substance?? Or do I need to point out your incessant whining in every post???

God damn you Walter! You ****in' asshole! Everything's a ****in' travesty with you, man! And what was all that **** about Vietnam? What the ****, has anything got to do with Vietnam? What the **** are you talking about?
ade06 07:20 PM 11-19-2009

6 MONTHS.

Chill out! Agree to disagree, but you don't have personally insult people. That doesn't seem so mature. :-)
Sr Mike 10:50 PM 11-19-2009

6 MONTHS.

Personal attacks now towards me, whining about my whining? Last time I checked, we still have soldiers in Iraq, how many years has that been?

I like your signature too.
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Up