Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
All Cigar Discussion>Camacho Cigars
weak_link 12:02 PM 11-04-2009
Originally Posted by Daustin333:
Comparing the SLR and Havana is like comparing apples to oranges. Both are completely different smokes... I favor the SLR over the Havana's
I wasn't comparing the SLR to the Havana. Don't actually care for the Havana much.
Daustin333 12:49 PM 11-04-2009
Sorry, that comment was directed at bigheadmark
bigheadmark 01:24 PM 11-04-2009
For any interested in info about Room101 or Matt Booth, here is a good place to start: http://www.room101cigars.com/category/video/
so the official launch of the cigars is in December at the Cigar oasis?
Daustin333 02:19 PM 11-04-2009
Yes, it will be the official launch at Cigar Oasis. The first launch party was Oct. 1 in Los Angeles.

Originally Posted by bigheadmark:
so the official launch of the cigars is in December at the Cigar oasis?

ade06 02:39 PM 11-04-2009
Originally Posted by bobarian:
FTC GUIDE CONCERNING USE OF THE WORD ``FREE''
AND SIMILAR REPRESENTATIONS

§251.1 The guide.

(a) General. (1) The offer of ``Free'' merchandise or service is a promotional device frequently used to attract customers. Providing such merchandise or service with the purchase of some other article or service has often been found to be a useful and valuable marketing tool.

(2) Because the purchasing public continually searches for the best buy, and regards the offer of ``Free'' merchandise or service to be a special bargain, all such offers must be made with extreme care so as to avoid any possibility that consumers will be misled or deceived.

Click on this link if you want further clarification. http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/guides/free.htm

Camacho's use and the timeshare example both fall under the FTC's guidelines for the usage of the term "Free":-)
:-) I've even seen legal actions arising out of a marketer's failure to comply with the FTC's Mail Order Rule/ 30-day Rule (even for "free" items). See http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/business/adv/bus02.shtm for more legal fun. Bottom line is that marketers of "free" items are still legally responsible to consumers for the delivery of the "free" items within the terms and conditions of their promotion (of course there are plenty of exceptions, like for example a consumer not meeting all of the terms and conditions of the promotions, etc.).
El Fumador 06:58 PM 11-04-2009
Those were the old Diploma's. Believe it or not, Bonita Smoke Shoppe still has a few of those boxes intact and for sale. Those suckers have about 6 years of age on them and are delightful!
Thanks Daustin, totally forgot what those were called. Those diploma's were really good, do you know were there are any olivia cloth bands (red or blue).
Ratters 07:14 PM 11-04-2009
Originally Posted by weak_link:
I wasn't comparing the SLR to the Havana. Don't actually care for the Havana much.
The newer Havanas are actually pretty good.

Dylan, the CA/Puff thing is that I feel the marketing for the 101 is very much style over substance, though I've heard very good things about the smoke itself. I was given a pre-release I'm looking forward to trying.

My only other complaint is that they give no support to shops around me in the SF bay area. When I talk to shop owners about why they don't carry Camacho they basically say they don't sell well and don't get support. But when weak link got his shop to carry them they sold well. But I can't remember the last time there was a Camacho event around here. That's kinda depressing because I really believe they are great smokes.
alley00p 09:15 PM 11-04-2009
Well, since I sat here and read through this whole thread, I decided I would put my :-) in to the mix too!

First of all, I wrote off the whole "Black Band Project" a long ago. I figured that if the cigars showed up, I'd try 'em out. Since they never did, Oh Well.

I'm constantly being surprised when a box shows up in the mail, from some offer I put in for, and totally forgot about! When it does, I thankfully try the product, and, if I like it, I buy more.

But, if I don't receive it... I move on! Life is way too short to worry about the small stuff! :-)

BTW, Nice reviews, Ferdie! I'll have to try one of them "C" cigars, when they finally show up locally! :-)

:-)
Daustin333 11:10 PM 11-04-2009
Originally Posted by Ratters:
The newer Havanas are actually pretty good.

Dylan, the CA/Puff thing is that I feel the marketing for the 101 is very much style over substance, though I've heard very good things about the smoke itself. I was given a pre-release I'm looking forward to trying.

My only other complaint is that they give no support to shops around me in the SF bay area. When I talk to shop owners about why they don't carry Camacho they basically say they don't sell well and don't get support. But when weak link got his shop to carry them they sold well. But I can't remember the last time there was a Camacho event around here. That's kinda depressing because I really believe they are great smokes.
Thanks for your note.

The beauty of Room101 is that the substance actually generated the style, if you watch the videos you'll see what I mean. The brand in itself is tough to digest for some, simply because of it's complexity. When I discovered this brand in Vegas a few years back, I was immediately moved by the followers, or Conspiracy. The people that really got it, the people that lived the brand, the pride that they had being a part of this movement. I was immediately enamored and I wanted to know more about this global fraternity of conspirators.

Room101 is a lifestyle, a lifestyle that breaks the mold and trailblazers it's own path, not a brand that follows trends or succumbs to the pompous nature of over commercialized ****. Room101 is about me and what I want, a custom line of products created to my liking and identify with how I want myself to be represented. I was a customer of Matt Booth's long before I was a business associate and I was bitten by the bug. To break it down a little easier, Room101 is like a "Skull 'N Bones" type of organization, a fraternal order. One example, I was in Santa Rosa and I happened to be at an event where Guy Fieri was. We were introduced and the first thing he did was look down at my hand and said, "Matt Booth?", I said indeed. A few hours later, I was having dinner at his house with his family like we were old time pals. He recognized I was part of this brotherhood and we've been friends ever since. This is just one account, there are plenty others. The cigar brand is an extension of this into a different arena.

I could ramble on and on, and I may have confused the living hell out of alot you. However, Room101 is something that must be experienced first-hand, whether it's at an in-store event or by you coming to our bi-annual party in Vegas (Mid-February, all are invited if you can make it out). You'll get it sooner or later.

There is a great feature coming out in the new Cigar Snob magazine, it is from an outsiders perspective and how they came to understand what Room101 was all about.

In regard to No Cal, I know! Our guy in Cali has a lot of ground to cover and does not do many events. However, next time I'm in town we'll get together for a smoke.
Ratters 12:05 AM 11-05-2009
Ok Dylan, keep me posted when you head out this way. :-)
Savor the Stick 11:53 PM 11-05-2009
Hello fellows...I won't be complaining about free cigars( if I ever get them). To me this was never about free anything! It was a contract between them (Comacho) and me. I watch their skits and would receive 3 cigars to try. Never got the cigars though I watched their skits and enjoyed them for the most part.
never got the promised cigars--broken contract (their broken word.)

I was told in an email that cirgars would start shipping in May.....to make a long story short...I grew up feeling that a person's word meant a lot, and you don't give it, if you can't, or might not be able to keep it.
How is a man's(woman's) reputation built? By keeping their word over and over and over.....EVEN if it ends up costing you.
This is about reputation, commitment, honor, truth, integrity, principle reliability obligation-- look at the synonyms for these words and understand a little better why some are a little miffed.
So now the "Room 101" cigars are not honored.
That's my 2 cents and I feel better now
. :-)

I don't see how giving over 36,000 free cigars could be considered falling on your face, slinging mud at the face of our company, and not holding up our end of the bargain. Truly, I am bewildered by his attempt to attack me and I refuse to answer the unfounded claims which he has detailed, mainly because the statements are false.

As of this Friday, the remaining 300 out 12,300 who participated will have been taken care of.

If anyone has an inquiry regarding the project, please feel free to call me directly at any time, 305-592-0722 x747 or email me dylan at camachocigars dot com.

Kris, if you would like to call and chat, I would be more than glad to talk.

Cheers,

Dylan@Camacho
Dylan you and your company did it to yourself. But maybe you can't understand it.:-)
Ahbroody 12:28 AM 11-06-2009
Thanks for your note.

The beauty of Room101 is that the substance actually generated the style, if you watch the videos you'll see what I mean. The brand in itself is tough to digest for some, simply because of it's complexity. When I discovered this brand in Vegas a few years back, I was immediately moved by the followers, or Conspiracy. The people that really got it, the people that lived the brand, the pride that they had being a part of this movement. I was immediately enamored and I wanted to know more about this global fraternity of conspirators.

Room101 is a lifestyle, a lifestyle that breaks the mold and trailblazers it's own path, not a brand that follows trends or succumbs to the pompous nature of over commercialized ****. Room101 is about me and what I want, a custom line of products created to my liking and identify with how I want myself to be represented. I was a customer of Matt Booth's long before I was a business associate and I was bitten by the bug. To break it down a little easier, Room101 is like a "Skull 'N Bones" type of organization, a fraternal order. One example, I was in Santa Rosa and I happened to be at an event where Guy Fieri was. We were introduced and the first thing he did was look down at my hand and said, "Matt Booth?", I said indeed. A few hours later, I was having dinner at his house with his family like we were old time pals. He recognized I was part of this brotherhood and we've been friends ever since. This is just one account, there are plenty others. The cigar brand is an extension of this into a different arena.

I could ramble on and on, and I may have confused the living hell out of alot you. However, Room101 is something that must be experienced first-hand, whether it's at an in-store event or by you coming to our bi-annual party in Vegas (Mid-February, all are invited if you can make it out). You'll get it sooner or later.

There is a great feature coming out in the new Cigar Snob magazine, it is from an outsiders perspective and how they came to understand what Room101 was all about.

In regard to No Cal, I know! Our guy in Cali has a lot of ground to cover and does not do many events. However, next time I'm in town we'll get together for a smoke.
I saw this video and pretty much said WTF is this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEW9dqFbl8w
So uhhhhhh are you saying your like a new style masons group?
I guess I am confued I thought this was about cigars, yet this whole thing looks like MMA Vegas guy meets cigar.
weak_link 09:39 AM 11-06-2009
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
I guess I am confued I thought this was about cigars, yet this whole thing looks like MMA Vegas guy meets cigar.
I actually like his character rings but starting around $1000 a pop they are out of my comfort range. That's a lot of cigars.
Skywalker 07:28 AM 11-19-2009
Originally Posted by T.G:
This thread is really getting silly...

Everyone is entitled to their opinions on the matter.
Gawd!!! "You're the very pinnacle of the age of entitlement!!!"

That's what's wrong with you!!!

BTW - I think this whole thing should be sent to the joke section of the Board!!!:-)
T.G 08:39 AM 11-19-2009
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
Gawd!!! "You're the very pinnacle of the age of entitlement!!!"

That's what's wrong with you!!!

BTW - I think this whole thing should be sent to the joke section of the Board!!!:-)
I think you have that wrong. It's more like I'm at the age where I've been enlightened by way too many bottles of Pinnacle (and Stoli, and JW, and JB and....)
Adriftpanda 08:44 AM 11-19-2009
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
Haha I couldn't agree with you more. Just watched the video and I had no idea what was going on. What does Doug E Fresh know about cigars? I guess I am just not cool enough.
Skywalker 09:04 AM 11-19-2009
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda:
Haha I couldn't agree with you more. Just watched the video and I had no idea what was going on. What does Doug E Fresh know about cigars? I guess I am just not cool enough.
Now if someone was really smart and cool they would develop a BABOTL Blend!!!

That blend would be stronger and more flavorful than the Masshole Blend!!!

BTW - Sorry for the threadjack! That's what BABOTL are good at!!!
T.G 09:07 AM 11-19-2009
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
Now if someone was really smart and cool they would develop a BABOTL Blend!!!

That blend would be stronger and more flavorful than the Masshole Blend!!!

BTW - Sorry for the threadjack! That's what BABOTL are good at!!!
Don't forget the line of jewelry to go with it. :-)
tobii3 09:09 AM 11-19-2009
wait...a Bay Area Blend??

The opportunity for a joke.....ENDLESS....
Skywalker 09:21 AM 11-19-2009
Originally Posted by tobii3:
wait...a Bay Area Blend??

The opportunity for a joke.....ENDLESS....
Glad I could help!!!:-)
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up