Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
All Cigar Discussion>Camacho Cigars
El Fumador 04:34 AM 11-04-2009
I have a question about camacho, does anybody remember the camacho's that came in a pyramid wood box, and you had to roll the cigar out of the box to get it out, and they had no labels on them, they were about eight bucks a stick. Does anybody remember what they were called.
weak_link 07:29 AM 11-04-2009
Originally Posted by Ratters:
:-)

I never got mine either, but who gives a rat's ass. Like Bob I never got my Gurkha swag either. Or some free Montecristo I emailed for a couple years ago. I thought their attempt at viral marketing went pretty well, except for demand being more than expected. Hey, sh*t happens. I once didn't get my promotional bat at an A's game cause they ran out. I didn't complain to the team about it.

The sad thing to me is that they are turning to marketing cigars in a way they mocked in the viral videos, especially with the 101 line of cigars and they way they jacked up their prices even before SCHIP. That's the legitimate stuff to complain about. But that said, I have many boxes of Camachos and will still continue to buy their product as they make a damned fine smoke.

What Steve said. Getting this upset about not getting your free cigars is comedy gold.

I think I'll pick up a box of Camacho SLR Maduro's this week just to support this fine cigar manufacturer.
bigheadmark 07:33 AM 11-04-2009
Originally Posted by weak_link:
What Steve said. Getting this upset about not getting your free cigars is comedy gold.

I think I'll pick up a box of Camacho SLR Maduro's this week just to support this fine cigar manufacturer.
I have not tried the SLR...I have only smoked the Havana ones, which btw were spectacular....
How do the SLR compare to the havanas?
weak_link 07:41 AM 11-04-2009
Originally Posted by bigheadmark:
I have not tried the SLR...I have only smoked the Havana ones, which btw were spectacular....
How do the SLR compare to the havanas?
It's a heavy maduro with tons of smoke. Nice spice but not overwhelming while still retaining some of the typical maduro sweetness.

The triple maduro is also a great smoke but the Corojo is my favorite.
Daustin333 08:30 AM 11-04-2009
Ratters, the 101's are $7-$9...

I never got mine either, but who gives a rat's ass. Like Bob I never got my Gurkha swag either. Or some free Montecristo I emailed for a couple years ago. I thought their attempt at viral marketing went pretty well, except for demand being more than expected. Hey, sh*t happens. I once didn't get my promotional bat at an A's game cause they ran out. I didn't complain to the team about it.

The sad thing to me is that they are turning to marketing cigars in a way they mocked in the viral videos, especially with the 101 line of cigars and they way they jacked up their prices even before SCHIP. That's the legitimate stuff to complain about. But that said, I have many boxes of Camachos and will still continue to buy their product as they make a damned fine smoke.

Daustin333 08:31 AM 11-04-2009
Those were the old Diploma's. Believe it or not, Bonita Smoke Shoppe still has a few of those boxes intact and for sale. Those suckers have about 6 years of age on them and are delightful!

Originally Posted by El Fumador:
I have a question about camacho, does anybody remember the camacho's that came in a pyramid wood box, and you had to roll the cigar out of the box to get it out, and they had no labels on them, they were about eight bucks a stick. Does anybody remember what they were called.

Daustin333 08:33 AM 11-04-2009
Comparing the SLR and Havana is like comparing apples to oranges. Both are completely different smokes... I favor the SLR over the Havana's

Originally Posted by weak_link:

icantbejon 08:46 AM 11-04-2009
I have a few corojo's with about 5 years on them and they are stellar. One of the smoothest smokes I've had. I really enjoy them. I have a 10th anniversary in my humi now that I'm going to let sit for quite a while in order to try and achieve the same affect.
Ratters 08:57 AM 11-04-2009
Originally Posted by Daustin333:
Ratters, the 101's are $7-$9...
Not complaining about the price of the 101 Dylan, just the marketing. The price of the regular ones jumped quite a bit last year, but you guys aren't the only ones who did that, so did Joya de Nicaragua, my other regular smoke.

As I posted before, I'm a huge fan of Camachos. I could stack the empty boxes in my house probably pretty close to the ceiling, let alone the boxes in the tower and cooler. Just the current marketing is reminding me too much of Cigar Afficianado and Puff.com.
Ratters 08:59 AM 11-04-2009
Originally Posted by El Fumador:
Oh man, those old Diplomas where freakin awesome cigars. The current ones are good, but those old ones were something special.
Slavac 09:09 AM 11-04-2009
Oh my god! A company didn't give me my free cigars! How dare they try to substitute another free cigar for the one I paid so much...erm...

The Fskers!

OP be less butthurt. You're the very pinnacle of the age of entitlement.
Daustin333 09:18 AM 11-04-2009
Nothing like them in the world!

Not sure about what you are saying regarding the marketing. How does it compare to cA and Puff?

Many do not understand the Room101 brand just yet, the brand is still new and the story will not be clear until the tour starts and people can experience the whole thing first hand. It's a complex fraternity that happens to make products, have you visited the site? To me, Room101 is an brand founded on originality and that goes for the cigar as well. Many of the brands out there today, successful or not, are copies or takeoffs of things from other industries. Room101 is an extension of an original jewelry brand. Read up on it, it's not called the Conspiracy for nothing.

Prices went up across the board for 99% of the manufacturers. Our price increase are never more that 5 cents a cigar, and if we increase, it's only 1 time a year. It may be the retailer or state taxes + SCHIP that made you think we increased prices.

Oh man, those old Diplomas where freakin awesome cigars. The current ones are good, but those old ones were something special.

dannysguitar 09:29 AM 11-04-2009
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:

complaining about free cigars, WTF???
Is it really free if you have to watch a series of videos?

I'll give you 2 "free" tickets to Disneyland, all you have to do it sit through my 2 hour timeshare presentation...
Daustin333 09:33 AM 11-04-2009
For any interested in info about Room101 or Matt Booth, here is a good place to start: http://www.room101cigars.com/category/video/
Don Fernando 09:47 AM 11-04-2009
Originally Posted by dannysguitar:
Is it really free if you have to watch a series of videos?
Yes, it is still free

Originally Posted by :
I'll give you 2 "free" tickets to Disneyland, all you have to do it sit through my 2 hour timeshare presentation...
If you include my flights we have a deal :-)
Don Fernando 09:49 AM 11-04-2009
Black band cigar A

Black band cigar B

Black band cigar C

Reviews off the cigars.
dannysguitar 10:04 AM 11-04-2009
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
Yes, it is still free

If you include my flights we have a deal :-)
You proved my point. You don't barter for free stuff :-)
Don Fernando 10:31 AM 11-04-2009
I didn't prove your point Danny, you just gave a bad example. You don't have to make costs to watch the vids and get the cigars, but I have to make (a lot of) costs to get to Disneyland, flights are expensive.
bobarian 11:12 AM 11-04-2009
FTC GUIDE CONCERNING USE OF THE WORD ``FREE''
AND SIMILAR REPRESENTATIONS

§251.1 The guide.

(a) General. (1) The offer of ``Free'' merchandise or service is a promotional device frequently used to attract customers. Providing such merchandise or service with the purchase of some other article or service has often been found to be a useful and valuable marketing tool.

(2) Because the purchasing public continually searches for the best buy, and regards the offer of ``Free'' merchandise or service to be a special bargain, all such offers must be made with extreme care so as to avoid any possibility that consumers will be misled or deceived.

Click on this link if you want further clarification. http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/guides/free.htm

Camacho's use and the timeshare example both fall under the FTC's guidelines for the usage of the term "Free":-)
T.G 11:35 AM 11-04-2009
This thread is really getting silly...

Everyone is entitled to their opinions on the matter.
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up