Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Camacho Cigars
vankleekkw 04:14 PM 11-03-2009
While this is a duplicate posting, I felt the need to post it in the general forum as most people stopped reading the Black Band Project thread. I know that I did and just happen to get an update today that got me upset.

Originally Posted by vankleekkw:
Dylan,

While I did receive the black band cigars, I have no intentions of smoking them or any of your other products at this point. I have held on to them and several other cigars you manufacture hoping that you would make the situation right, but instead you have done nothing but smear more mud in the face of Camacho. The entire campaign was very poorly managed from the beginning and had continued mis-management. I can not accept any more excuses from your organization, as I stopped counting at three.

1. More demand than anticipated - You should have monitored enrollment and had a commitment on product availability.
2. More are being shipped - You actually knew your committments and still did not make enough product.
3. Substitution of another product - Again, you knew your committments and still did not make enough product.

When you offered up a product in exchange for viewing your marketing campaign, you entered into a contract that you did not uphold. I know that I do not speak for others on the forum, but had to let you know that you did lose at least one loyal customer as a result of the decisions that Camacho made. This is not the type of BOTL actions that I expect out of a company who promotes the BOTL Culture.

As to the proposed questions that might come up about the product that I do have, they will go out as Bombs until they are all gone.

Kris

SmokinApe 04:28 PM 11-03-2009
Not sure I totally understand what is going on here...
bobarian 04:29 PM 11-03-2009
Originally Posted by SmokinApe:
:-) Someone get butt hurt?
Emjaysmash 06:16 PM 11-03-2009
Bob and SmokinApe-

As you may or may not know, the promotional "Black Band Project" basically fell flat on its face after the offered free cigars to the participants of the promotion, but has yet to deliver to many of those participants due to shortage of the promotional cigars. Dylan Austin replied to the "Black Band Project" thread on CA and told us that another wave of shipments would be sent out soon, however some the the original cigars promised will be substituted for others that they currently have in stock. This is Kris' response to that promise.
captain53 06:25 PM 11-03-2009
Originally Posted by SmokinApe:
:-)
SmokinApe 06:34 PM 11-03-2009
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
Bob and SmokinApe-

As you may or may not know, the promotional "Black Band Project" basically fell flat on its face after the offered free cigars to the participants of the promotion, but has yet to deliver to many of those participants due to shortage of the promotional cigars. Dylan Austin replied to the "Black Band Project" thread on CA and told us that another wave of shipments would be sent out soon, however some the the original cigars promised will be substituted for others that they currently have in stock. This is Kris' response to that promise.
Thank you, but how does Camacho play into this?
Emjaysmash 06:38 PM 11-03-2009
Camacho is the brand behind the promotion.
coastietech 06:51 PM 11-03-2009
I guess I'm wondering how mad could you possibly be about not getting "free" stuff? It's not like they charged you for something and didn't come through. They were giving away free stuff and ran out. Guess everyone has to choose their battles, this wouldn't be one I would make a big deal about. To each his own. :-)
bigheadmark 06:54 PM 11-03-2009
I must say they make a darn fine cigar!!!
the camacho Havano Gigante is phenomenal!!!
captain53 07:32 PM 11-03-2009
Anyone and Everyone who wishes to rid themselves of Camocho Cigars is welcome to send them right on down here to me, I will gladly smoke all of them.:-)
Daustin333 07:32 PM 11-03-2009
I don't see how giving over 36,000 free cigars could be considered falling on your face, slinging mud at the face of our company, and not holding up our end of the bargain. Truly, I am bewildered by his attempt to attack me and I refuse to answer the unfounded claims which he has detailed, mainly because the statements are false.

As of this Friday, the remaining 300 out 12,300 who participated will have been taken care of.

If anyone has an inquiry regarding the project, please feel free to call me directly at any time, 305-592-0722 x747 or email me dylan at camachocigars dot com.

Kris, if you would like to call and chat, I would be more than glad to talk.

Cheers,

Dylan@Camacho
bigheadmark 07:37 PM 11-03-2009
Originally Posted by Daustin333:
I don't see how giving over 36,000 free cigars could be considered falling on your face, slinging mud at the face of our company, and not holding up our end of the bargain. Truly, I am bewildered by his attempt to attack me and I refuse to answer the unfounded claims which he has detailed, mainly because the statements are false.

As of this Friday, the remaining 300 out 12,300 who participated will have been taken care of.

If anyone has an inquiry regarding the project, please feel free to call me directly at any time, 305-592-0722 x747 or email me dylan at camachocigars dot com.

Kris, if you would like to call and chat, I would be more than glad to talk.

Cheers,

Dylan@Camacho
where the heck was I at when you gave out over 36,000 cigars! please let me know if you plan on giving out any more!!!
fyrftr 07:47 PM 11-03-2009
Originally Posted by bigheadmark:
where the heck was I at when you gave out over 36,000 cigars! please let me know if you plan on giving out any more!!!
:-) You were up here, freezing in MI with me! :-)
sodomanaz 07:52 PM 11-03-2009
I hope Kris never sees a damn thing from that promotion. What a weenbag.
bobarian 07:57 PM 11-03-2009
I guess I need to send K Hansotia an email. I never got my FREE Gurhka hat or cigar case! I will never smoke another Gurkha! :-)
Emjaysmash 08:04 PM 11-03-2009
Originally Posted by bobarian:
I guess I need to send K Hansotia an email. I never got my FREE Gurhka hat or cigar case! I will never smoke another Gurkha! :-)
haha, me either.

Course, Gurkhas are less desirable than Camachos, imho.
vankleekkw 08:09 PM 11-03-2009
Point well taken guys. Principles are principles whether items are free or not. I guess that we all have differing opinions.

Mods, since I am apparently way off base with this lock it up
Don Fernando 12:18 AM 11-04-2009
Originally Posted by sodomanaz:
I hope Kris never sees a damn thing from that promotion. What a weenbag.

complaining about free cigars, WTF???
Adriftpanda 01:02 AM 11-04-2009
My mouth is shut on this... both parties do have some decent arguments. Oh well...
Ratters 01:34 AM 11-04-2009
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:

complaining about free cigars, WTF???

I never got mine either, but who gives a rat's ass. Like Bob I never got my Gurkha swag either. Or some free Montecristo I emailed for a couple years ago. I thought their attempt at viral marketing went pretty well, except for demand being more than expected. Hey, sh*t happens. I once didn't get my promotional bat at an A's game cause they ran out. I didn't complain to the team about it.

The sad thing to me is that they are turning to marketing cigars in a way they mocked in the viral videos, especially with the 101 line of cigars and they way they jacked up their prices even before SCHIP. That's the legitimate stuff to complain about. But that said, I have many boxes of Camachos and will still continue to buy their product as they make a damned fine smoke.
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Up