Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 5 of 6
« First < 345 6 >
All Cigar Discussion>Altadis USA sues Tatuaje Cigars
Smokin Gator 08:33 PM 11-02-2009
LOL... I too didn't really what they made. I went and looked and they have several CC names. I know the arguments for them being able to use them... I just think it is funny they would bust someone else's chops about using something so widespread.
[Reply]
Lobo 08:37 PM 11-02-2009
Jeeeezzzz, why cant they all just get along?..... why cant people play nice?... another soap opera begins in the courts, over a symbol that belongs to the French anyhow... lol
[Reply]
s15driftking 05:41 AM 11-03-2009
Originally Posted by Lobo:
another soap opera begins in the courts, over a symbol that belongs to the French anyhow... lol
SUE FRANCE!!!!!

for having such a aesthetically pleasing design!!!
[Reply]
Skywalker 11:42 AM 11-03-2009
Originally Posted by s15driftking:
SUE FRANCE!!!!!

for having such a aesthetically pleasing design!!!
:-)
[Reply]
hoax 11:50 AM 11-03-2009
I have to agree with Altadis on this one. They have to protect their trademark or they lose it.
[Reply]
Darrell 12:11 PM 11-03-2009
tatuaje sucks, altadis sucks, the browns suck.... this thread sucks
and Gurkhas are AWESOME cigars, right Bob? :-)
[Reply]
s15driftking 02:53 PM 11-03-2009
Originally Posted by darrell:
and gurkhas are awesome cigars, right bob? :-)
damn right!
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 02:58 PM 11-03-2009
damn right!
Well, atleast I know who I can bomb my Gurkhas to...
[Reply]
Rabidsquirrel 03:25 PM 11-03-2009
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
Aren't dirty bombs a violation of the Geneva Convention? :-)
[Reply]
s15driftking 03:28 PM 11-03-2009
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:

you looking for any trades? pm me with a gurkha-inventory!
[Reply]
Darrell 03:29 PM 11-03-2009

you looking for any trades? pm me with a gurkha-inventory!
Gurkhas suck.
[Reply]
sikk50 04:52 PM 11-03-2009
Originally Posted by hoax:
I have to agree with Altadis on this one. They have to protect their trademark or they lose it.
Even though they just trademarked it this year the day before the show he was showing off his new products at, then told him at his booth at the show the very next day to stop using the symbol? :-)

I'm normaly all for protecting trademarks and I'm by now means a Tat fan boy (Perdomo fan boy maybe though), but this whole thing has reaked from the beginning.
[Reply]
covetry 05:08 PM 11-03-2009
Altadis will never win a suit against Tatuaje or anyone else for trademark infringement simply because you can't claim trademark infringement if the mark in question is a historical or cultural symbol, which the Fleur De Lys clearly is. In cases like this the court will only rule in favor if the symbol can be proven to have been CREATED by Altadis, which is clearly was not. Unless they were around 1000 years ago.

More than likely they are doing this because they are bigger, probably retain a nice law firm, and wanted to make life a little difficult for their biggest competition.
[Reply]
Thrak 05:23 PM 11-03-2009
I wonder if they're going to sue the N.O. Saints too lol!
[Reply]
tobii3 05:31 PM 11-03-2009
anyone else research the lawsuit??

The Main Reason isn't about Tatuaje.

It's about Tabacalera de Garcia.

Which one you might ask??

That's why there is a lawsuit.
[Reply]
Aldebaran 11:51 PM 11-03-2009
Originally Posted by covetry:
Altadis will never win a suit against Tatuaje or anyone else for trademark infringement simply because you can't claim trademark infringement if the mark in question is a historical or cultural symbol, which the Fleur De Lys clearly is. I
NFL holds the Fleur de Lys as a trademark in respect to football and NFL related merchandising. So that argument is clearly false. But if you want to look up where in the USC or in international intellectual property laws say that is the case then please prove me wrong.

Trademarks are an important part of society and in business. The maintain image and prevent or limit unfair business and imitators.
[Reply]
D_A 05:52 PM 11-20-2009
Looks like they agreed on a settlement

http://www.cigaraficionado.com/Cigar...4,2977,00.html
[Reply]
Resipsa 06:01 PM 11-20-2009
Originally Posted by markem:
btw, IANAL.
you're anal???......

:-):-):-) sorry, but it was such a softball.....
[Reply]
markem 06:01 PM 11-20-2009
No surprise there. In general, the people who feel the most vindicated or got the upper hand are the ones who make the announcements.
[Reply]
Whipper Snapper 04:20 PM 11-22-2009
my butt itches...
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
« First < 345 6 >
Up