Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 6
« First < 234 56 >
All Cigar Discussion>Altadis USA sues Tatuaje Cigars
mosesbotbol 11:44 AM 11-02-2009
Originally Posted by kydsid:
I'm pretty sure Altadis USA and Altadis SA are completely sepperate companies. That's not to say that don't back channel money back and forth illegally if they are controlled by the same people, but I'm pretty sure the IRS would want to know, and not even sure they are controlled by the same people.
I am sure they are two seperate companies and they would work as independent companies, seperate books, different corporate registrations...
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 11:45 AM 11-02-2009
I'm pretty sure Altadis USA and Altadis SA are completely sepperate companies. That's not to say that don't back channel money back and forth illegally if they are controlled by the same people, but I'm pretty sure the IRS would want to know, and not even sure they are controlled by the same people.
They are the same company but different divisions.

http://www.answers.com/topic/altadis-u-s-a-inc

Originally Posted by :
Created from the 2000 consolidation of HavaTampa Inc. and Consolidated Cigar Holdings, Altadis USA is a leading cigar maker nationwide that generates more than half of its parent Altadis, S.A.'s worldwide cigar sales.
Originally Posted by :
In December 1999, Consolidated Cigar Corporation / SEITA entered into an agreement with Spanish tobacco giant Tabacalera S.A. This new tobacco company was named ALTADIS, S.A. ALTADIS stands for Alliance Tobacco Distribution. As a result of this merger, Hav-A-Tampa was brought into the fold and new facilities were added. The new enterprise became the world's largest cigar company with over 7,000 employees worldwide. In September 2000, the parent company purchased 50% of Habanos S.A., owner of most of the Cuban trademarks in the world and franchiser of the Casa del Habano shops. The final merger, resulting in today's company, was completed in early 2008 when Altadis S.A. merged with Imperial Tobacco, headquartered in the UK.
http://www.altadisusa.com/company.asp

An Altadis Rep told me several months back that when Pete heard about them suing him, he rasied a glass at a dinner and announced that Altadis is suing him so now he knows that he had arrived. :-)
[Reply]
kydsid 11:49 AM 11-02-2009
^ I wonder how all that works into the recent purchase of Altadis SA. Even so given the US laws and embargoes it would be illegal for money to move back and forth from Altadis SA to Altadis USA.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 11:51 AM 11-02-2009
^ I wonder how all that works into the recent purchase of Altadis SA. Even so given the US laws and embargoes it would be illegal for money to move back and forth from Altadis SA to Altadis USA.
Maybe, maybe not. Who knows these days. The Altadis Rep also told me they had been sending equipment down to Cuba for a few years now to prepare for the opening of the country when the time comes.
[Reply]
macpappy 12:33 PM 11-02-2009
I haven't look at anything made by Altadis in a while that had a fleur de lis on it so I have to ask this question. Is the fleur de lis in question formed from tobacco leaves? If so then that my be why the lawsuit has been filed.
[Reply]
tobii3 04:40 PM 11-02-2009
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
..when Pete heard about them suing him, he rasied a glass at a dinner and announced that Altadis is suing him so now he knows that he had arrived. :-)
So when I make a Kit car with the Ferrari Stallion on it and get sued by Ferrari, I can claim ""I have arrived"??

Do ANY of you posting the smartass comments have an inkling of the number of companies sued or shut down by Fuente due to the "Opus" or the "X"??

Maybe even the history of the Original Release Famous Nicaraguan 3000???
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 04:44 PM 11-02-2009
Originally Posted by tobii3:
So when I make a Kit car with the Ferrari Stallion on it and get sued by Ferrari, I can claim ""I have arrived"??
If you make it better and mass produce it for sale, sure. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 04:59 PM 11-02-2009
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
If you make it better and mass produce it for sale, sure. :-)
Exactly what I am guessing Pete's point was....he got noticed by Altadis.

Hope this isn't considered to be a "smartass comment". :-)
[Reply]
coastietech 05:07 PM 11-02-2009
Your really comparing the two?

Pete never made an imitation Montecristo.... His cigar label looks nothing like a Montecristo label. So what Pete did and what you are suggesting aren't comparable. If Pete did what you were talking about there would be a substantial lawsuit. He would have been purposely trying to confuse the consumer into thinking his product was something else.

I've noticed your dislike for all things Pete Johnson spill over in more than one thread. So much so that you defend things that are ridiculous just so you can not show any support for him. :-)
[Reply]
pmwz 05:28 PM 11-02-2009
i think a lot of guys here are looking at it just out of pete's perspective.
We care more about cigars than the casual cigar smoker and can tell the difference between the two brands. a casual cigar smoker might remember that a Fleur De Lys was on the band and asks at his b+m for a cigar with one on his band.
[Reply]
coastietech 05:36 PM 11-02-2009
Originally Posted by pmwz:
i think a lot of guys here are looking at it just out of pete's perspective.
We care more about cigars than the casual cigar smoker and can tell the difference between the two brands. a casual cigar smoker might remember that a Fleur De Lys was on the band and asks at his b+m for a cigar with one on his band.
In that case according to this article "...at least 35 trademarks on record with the PTO that have this design as part of there trademark as used in connection with cigars."
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 05:46 PM 11-02-2009
I'm not impressed by Tats, nor any of the Altadis. There are good and bad on both sides of this. To me this is like watching the Dodgers play the Yankees.
[Reply]
s15driftking 05:52 PM 11-02-2009
tatuaje sucks, altadis sucks, the browns suck.... this thread sucks
[Reply]
tobii3 05:58 PM 11-02-2009
Millions of ideas and emblems to use out there.....and he comes up with a Fleur de Lis, an image that has been part of the Montecristo emblem for over 70 years.

That's not a coincidence.

Originally Posted by s15driftking:
Now I gotta clean Guinness off my keyboard!!!!

:-)
[Reply]
tobii3 06:16 PM 11-02-2009
Originally Posted by coastietech:
I've noticed your dislike for all things Pete Johnson spill over in more than one thread. So much so that you defend things that are ridiculous just so you can not show any support for him. :-)
Umm....Coastie???

Search: Keyword(s): drac - Showing results 1 to 25 of 61

61 different threads mention the Drac. SIXTY ONE THREADS.

Search: Keyword(s): tatuaje ; Posts Made By: tobii3

Search: Keyword(s): drac ; Posts Made By: tobii3

Wow. 4 of those posts are on THIS thread. Never knew a comment I made about the P series not being economy priced was a dislike of Pete Johnson. Come to think of it, the posts on the Tat Drac: Shipping Date thread were defending a retailer accused of gouging.

I was going to put this in PM, but the more I think about it, the more it should be kept out in public.
[Reply]
icehog3 06:17 PM 11-02-2009
If this goes off in a personal direction any further, it will be CLOSED.
[Reply]
s15driftking 07:20 PM 11-02-2009
Millions of ideas and emblems to use out there.....and he comes up with a Fleur de Lis, an image that has been part of the Montecristo emblem for over 70 years.

That's not a coincidence.

Now I gotta clean Guinness off my keyboard!!!!

:-)

:-):-):-)

IS that a record??? lol!!
[Reply]
sodomanaz 07:42 PM 11-02-2009
Originally Posted by s15driftking:
:-) Exactly!

People getting rather uppity over a lawsuit that doesn't concern them. Both sides are suing each other and you guys are taking up arms as if this was a war. It isn't a huge deal, and it really shouldn't concern any of you to the point where you feel you should be defending a company.

It will go to court where it will be decided, so quit the bellyaching and go smoke a cigar.
[Reply]
kenstogie 07:59 PM 11-02-2009
I just looked up what cigars Altadis makes, It's no wonder I didn't know or care.
[Reply]
poriggity 08:29 PM 11-02-2009
Considering that the history of Altadis goes as far back as 1918...Tatuaje goes back all of 6 years....

For those of you who wish Altadis to fail, maybe you want to re-think your words??
Nope, I still want them to fail. Then again, I've only smoked about 3 CC's my entire smoking career..
Scott
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
« First < 234 56 >
Up