Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>RyJ Museum Edition (Fazzino) *Pics*
Slavac 08:27 PM 11-24-2009
Has anyone ever lain eyes on one of these?

Amy came home with it and I was hoping to get a bit of information about it. Google doesn't tell me much.

Pretty huh?
[Reply]
mariogolbee 08:40 PM 11-24-2009
They're SUPER expensive. I think there is supposed to be either a numbered print or original piece inside of the tubo. It's several thousand for the Humidor with cigars from what I remember. Check J.R. The last time I saw these pop up it was there. Lucky bastage. Let me know how it is when you smoke it.

Where did she get it?
[Reply]
Pilon 08:47 PM 11-24-2009
a box is for sale at my local b&m, comes in a glossy humi, $30 a pop.

http://www.fazzino.com/

nice humi too

[Reply]
mariogolbee 08:49 PM 11-24-2009
It's not as crazy as I thought. Here's the link. Doesn't explain much though. I remember reading about them on EBay. I think the guy on the cap did some limited art, one inside each Humidor. I think.

http://www.jrcigars.com/index.cfm?page=cig_locate
[Reply]
Pilon 08:54 PM 11-24-2009
Originally Posted by mariogolbee:
It's not as crazy as I thought. Here's the link. Doesn't explain much though. I remember reading about them on EBay. I think the guy on the cap did some limited art, one inside each Humidor. I think.

It's all the same artwork just numbered prints limited to 2000
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 08:55 PM 11-24-2009

:-)

My B&M had one of these. Tried selling em at $32 a single. One day a guy just came in and bought up all the sitcks and the humi... it was a good day for them!
[Reply]
Pilon 08:56 PM 11-24-2009
ROMEO Y JULIETA MUSEUM EDITION CIGARS
Handmade DR
Wrapper: CRIOLLO 98 Binder: CTBL Filler: NIC/DR
Medium Bodied
These 6 inch by 54 ring gauge beauties are handcrafted in the Dominican Republic at the Tabacalera de Garcia factory using a complex blend of Nicaraguan and Dominican long filler tobaccos, a smooth broadleaf binder and a rare San Andres Criollo 98 Rosado wrapper. Each cigar is encased in a frosted crystal tube that is lined with a picture and sealed with a gold cap. The value of the cigars alone is $1080.

The cigars are packed in a beautiful black, cedar-lined Romeo y Julieta Museum Edition humidor. The lid contains a removable limited-edition giclee print on 100 percent rag museum board and paper, created by famed 3-D artist Charles Fazzino. Each unique piece is signed and numbered by the artist. The print alone is worth $250.

I'm going to have to keep my eye on that humi
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 09:14 PM 11-24-2009
Originally Posted by Pilon:
ROMEO Y JULIETA MUSEUM EDITION CIGARS
Handmade DR
Wrapper: CRIOLLO 98 Binder: CTBL Filler: NIC/DR
Medium Bodied
These 6 inch by 54 ring gauge beauties are handcrafted in the Dominican Republic at the Tabacalera de Garcia factory using a complex blend of Nicaraguan and Dominican long filler tobaccos, a smooth broadleaf binder and a rare San Andres Criollo 98 Rosado wrapper. Each cigar is encased in a frosted crystal tube that is lined with a picture and sealed with a gold cap. The value of the cigars alone is $1080.

The cigars are packed in a beautiful black, cedar-lined Romeo y Julieta Museum Edition humidor. The lid contains a removable limited-edition giclee print on 100 percent rag museum board and paper, created by famed 3-D artist Charles Fazzino. Each unique piece is signed and numbered by the artist. The print alone is worth $250.

I'm going to have to keep my eye on that humi
Really? In that case... who wants mine for $200? :-)

I have one but it is somewhere in the bottom of the cooler. I haven't seen these around much.
[Reply]
Old Sailor 09:17 PM 11-24-2009
Saw some on the weekend!
[Reply]
mariogolbee 10:16 PM 11-24-2009
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda:
Really? In that case... who wants mine for $200? :-)

I have one but it is somewhere in the bottom of the cooler. I haven't seen these around much.
You're funny Huy! I think the print in the Humi is the one that's worth $250 supposedly. I wouldn't mind that Humi either though. Looks nice.

Huy, where are you?
[Reply]
Slavac 10:21 PM 11-24-2009
Hrm, neat!
[Reply]
cherrybomb 11:09 PM 11-24-2009
I got one for 15 at my local B & M. I have yet to smoke it though
[Reply]
sikk50 11:15 PM 11-24-2009
Been wanting to get my hands on those for a long while but can't pull the trigger on them for the price
[Reply]
Fumes 01:06 AM 11-25-2009
I stopped by my B&M and the Altadis rep happened to be there promoting these. I picked one up because the deal was one Museum Edition for 20 bucks and he'd throw in two other standard Altadis sticks -- an Upmann vintage cameroon and a Monte White, plus an RyJ coffee mug.

I wanted a look at the cigar, but I couldn't get the cap off. The rep "loosened" it for me and handed it back to me. It was still sticking, so I gave it a little more pressure and the tube crushed in my hand. No serious injuries, just a small scratch that I didn't notice until I bled on the cash counter. But incredibly he wanted me to buy that cigar. I got a new one, in a fresh tube, which I later opened very gingerly. Still haven't smoked it though. I hope it's worth it!
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 01:50 AM 11-25-2009
My b&m has them and we just got the new Montecristo Museum Editions in. They are not as expensive as the RyJ's. The artwork on them has a Super Bowl theme.

For everyone that bought of the RyJ's, they got a raffle ticket for a chance to win the humidor.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 03:07 AM 11-25-2009
I was at the JR by me when they got in this humi. They weren't selling them as singles at the time thinking someone would be the whole thing. The started selling them as singles and most of them got bought up. There are a few still left but no more humi :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:07 AM 11-25-2009
Been sitting on one of these for some 8 months now. I bought it for the decorative glass tube.
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 05:42 AM 11-25-2009
You're funny Huy! I think the print in the Humi is the one that's worth $250 supposedly. I wouldn't mind that Humi either though. Looks nice.

Huy, where are you?
Laying in bed. I do not feel well. I ate too many hot dogs.
[Reply]
chubby 07:50 AM 11-25-2009
I got one a couple months back. It has been sitting in the vino. I probably won't smoke it for a while though.
[Reply]
Up