Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Liga Privada T52 Robusto
klipsch 07:08 AM 11-24-2009
I believe that I posted about not being impressed with the Toro at all, after all of the hype. Well I happened to pick up a couple of Robusto while I was out yesterday (I questioned myself as to why later on), and smoked one last night. It was definitely better than the Toro flavor wise, but I can think of alot of sticks that I rather smoke at that price point or even less.
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 04:16 PM 11-24-2009
Originally Posted by klipsch:
I believe that I posted about not being impressed with the Toro at all, after all of the hype. Well I happened to pick up a couple of Robusto while I was out yesterday (I questioned myself as to why later on), and smoked one last night. It was definitely better than the Toro flavor wise, but I can think of alot of sticks that I rather smoke at that price point or even less.
I am just like you Walt. :-)

I bought a 5er of the robusto, smoked one and was not super thrilled with them but still continued to buy the 5er. I will need to give it another try. The story behind the wrapper is pretty cool though. Oh well... hopefully they will be better for me next time around.
[Reply]
Pilon 04:29 PM 11-24-2009
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda:
I am just like you Walt. :-)

I bought a 5er of the robusto, smoked one and was not super thrilled with them but still continued to buy the 5er. I will need to give it another try. The story behind the wrapper is pretty cool though. Oh well... hopefully they will be better for me next time around.
whats the story on the wrapper
[Reply]
SureShot81 11:07 PM 11-24-2009
I'm really sad to hear this cigar may be a dud. I was really hoping for a Liga Privada No.9 with a touch more spice. I'll still give it a fair shot, but this really wasn't what I was expecting. So sad.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 11:55 PM 11-24-2009
Originally Posted by Pilon:
Travis, go here http://www.drewestate.com/home.html and look for the T52 info on the wrapper:-)

[Reply]
Adriftpanda 05:54 AM 11-25-2009
Originally Posted by Pilon:
Pretty much where Mark directed you. I heard the story from my friend but I checked out the site as well.
[Reply]
klipsch 08:34 AM 11-25-2009
Maybe they should have stuck with a cheaper wrapper..? :-) If the cigar hadn't been so hyped and highly anticipated...it probably would have gotten more market wide acceptance at the price point.
[Reply]
Up