Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>A local B&M gifted me a Drac!
Titan410 09:38 AM 11-17-2009
Maybe not all that spectacular but considering it was the third time I had been in this particular B&M and the first time I stayed and had a smoke I thought it was pretty generous.
The generosity of BOTL never fails to amaze me. :-)
Now it will take a dark and humid nap for a year to be dug up next Halloween. :-)
[Reply]
mariogolbee 09:46 AM 11-17-2009
Still, it's mighty nice of em! My local B&M's don't really gift me.
[Reply]
srduggins 09:59 AM 11-17-2009
A refreshing change from the, "You have to buy 5 other cigars ... and it's 20 bucks".
[Reply]
acarr 10:10 AM 11-17-2009
I bet you go back there more often than not now.
[Reply]
coastietech 10:14 AM 11-17-2009
That's what got me going back to my local B&M... I went in and bought a few sticks and we got to talking about Anejo's, I told him how much I liked them and he handed me a Shark for free. He has gone above and beyond for me a couple of time since then. I am willing to pay a little higher of a price per stick to shop there because of how I'm treated when I'm there.
[Reply]
kelmac07 10:44 AM 11-17-2009
Great stuff!!! Local B&Ms here aren't giving jack away!! Now Kevin at Wintons Humidor in Midlothian, Va...great guy!!! I think that every time I have been in his shop, he sticks a cigar in my hand. :-)
[Reply]
BigAsh 10:59 AM 11-17-2009
Great stuff and good business!....Don't have to be a Wharton grad to realize he now has a loyal customer, who will bring his friends!
[Reply]
Zanaspus 11:06 AM 11-17-2009
Originally Posted by BigAsh:
Great stuff and good business!....Don't have to be a Wharton grad to realize he now has a loyal customer, who will bring his friends!
:-) Absolutely.
[Reply]
Titan410 11:47 AM 11-17-2009
Where else do you find service like that? Its not very often you go into a business and they give you something for free that you would have most likely bought from them.
I will go there more often even though it is much further away than two others near me.
[Reply]
roughrider 12:29 PM 11-17-2009
Sounds like a great B&M.
[Reply]
Namerifrats 01:22 PM 11-17-2009
One of my regular B&M shops gave me a couple cigars before. Also been sitting in there and a guy walked in to pick up a box of Oliva Series O Robustos that he ordered. He paid, then he opened it and walked around the shop telling everyone there to get one. There were probably 6 of us in there smoking that day. Another day I was in there and a Gurhka Rep walked in, has passed a few cigars out. It's the best shop around my area. It's the Pipe & Pint in Greensboro for those locals from NC.
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 01:59 PM 11-17-2009
Originally Posted by Titan410:
Where else do you find service like that? Its not very often you go into a business and they give you something for free that you would have most likely bought from them.
I will go there more often even though it is much further away than two others near me.
Exactly. I don't mind driving an extra 15 minutes to get that kind of service. It's not about getting free cigars to me, it's getting that comraderie.
[Reply]
Up