Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Finally tried an Anejo
kgraybill 01:09 PM 11-15-2009
After a few years of hearing or reading about the AF Anejo's I finally got to try a #50. I have been a Padron fan since I started smoking cigars and just could not believe that A smoke could get any better than a Padron Anni.
I have to say "WOW"!
I dont believe that it is any better that a Padron Anni but I would have a hard time chosing between them on what to smoke.

I just wanted to share my exitment and say that I now believe the hype on the Anejo's.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 01:11 PM 11-15-2009
Sweet. I have one of these in my humi, and being a Padron whore as well, Im excited to try it now!
[Reply]
El Fumador 01:13 PM 11-15-2009
I love padron's as well, you must get your hands on a shark, and really be blown away.
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 02:02 PM 11-15-2009
The thing I like about the Anejos when compared to the Padron Anni, is that the Anejo is generally cheaper, which can't often be said of an Anejo.
[Reply]
troutbreath 02:23 PM 11-15-2009
Had a #46 yesterday, myself. Had about 6 months age on it, and it was GREAT. PERFECT burn, and an awesome maduro sweetness. Just about took the sting of a football loss of the day, but I may need another this afternoon to really feel better.
[Reply]
JJG 04:53 PM 11-15-2009
damn, I got one in trade a while back but unfortunately I smoked it after having a few too many drinks. I'm sure it was good but I don't remember that much about it. I love the Opus X and I really love the Casa Fuentes, so I'm guessing these are just as good or better.
[Reply]
shadow king 04:58 PM 11-15-2009
The #46 is my favorite. These are definately a top 5 smoke for me.
[Reply]
muhren 05:09 PM 11-15-2009
Put me on the list of Anejo lovers! BUT, I would not recommend bidding on them or buying them in the WTS threads! :-)

M
[Reply]
thebiglebowski 05:52 PM 11-15-2009
yeah, the 46 is my favorite, hands down. the 50 close behind.
[Reply]
Big Ben 08:08 PM 11-15-2009
For some reason Anejo's never did it for me. PAM is a much better smoke IMO.
[Reply]
darkninja67 08:17 AM 11-16-2009
Anejo lover here. Love the Shark, 55 and 50 the most. Just a lovely smoke all around.
[Reply]
Namerifrats 09:15 PM 11-16-2009
Never had one, but keep hearing good things! Might have to pick a couple up in the future. I like most of Fuente's other stuff though.
[Reply]
Throb 02:47 AM 11-17-2009
Went out looking for one today at a B&M near me. Lil Ol' Lady behind the counter never heard of them, yet she was a Fuente Dealer. When they come in, I'm taking them all!!!
[Reply]
bigheadmark 04:19 PM 11-22-2009
any online retailers sell them?
[Reply]
Cigary 05:07 PM 11-22-2009
Originally Posted by Big Ben:
For some reason Anejo's never did it for me. PAM is a much better smoke IMO.
Ditto this. I have probably had a dozen of these trying very hard to see what all the noise is about and keep running into a cigar that is nice but just not what everybody keeps cheering about. I'm kind of glad because these don't come cheap and I don't need another expensive cigar in the lineup,,I already have too many as it is.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 06:05 PM 11-22-2009
Anejos compared to PAMS???? How can you do that? How about oranges -vs- apples? Steak -vs- hamburger?

Yeah, both are cigars... both are maduros... but there the similarities end.

They both are great in their own right, but they are entirely different flavor profiles. I personally like both, but they are for different tastes at different times.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

Todd
[Reply]
jdakine 06:25 PM 11-22-2009
It's a great smoke:-):-)
[Reply]
TomUfer 08:16 PM 11-22-2009
I enjoy an occasional Anejo. The original release Anejo's were so damn good and much different from later releases. I was a little sad to smoke my last one.
[Reply]
Chemyst 08:38 PM 11-22-2009
Both PAMs and Anejos are great, but not really similar taste
profiles. And some Anejos are cheaper than PAMs.

I like both, when I can afford them. Usually once or twice
per year, I pick up a few of each. Gee, it's that time!

Chemyst :-)
[Reply]
Mirrorlure7m 06:16 PM 11-23-2009
I just got a full box of Anejo No.77 Sharks today that I am going to let age for about 5 years before I open it. And have a 17 left from last years box. I find that the No.77 Shark have burn problems. But I dont mind that I have to correct the burn a few times. But the Shark is one of my favorites in the Anejo line. I smoked one today and it has aged wonderfully in one year.
[Reply]
Up