Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Cigar Export Labels
Namerifrats 10:55 PM 11-14-2009
I know there are several topics here on Cigar bands and what not. I collect all of my bands. I have every one from every cigar I've smoked except maybe 6-7 that ripped. I'm like many of you, saving them for a "project" I will do sometime in the future. I have a good amount of bands, maybe 300+. What I don't have, is any of those Export Label/Warranty/Seal that look like a paper bill usually ripped apart when opening a new box. I have yet to buy an actual box of cigars. I usually buy samplers, 5 packs, etc. off Cigar Bid. Also the occasional singles from a B&M. Had a couple 5 packs from Cigarbid show up with one on the back, but threw it away :-) at the time. I was looking at the poker table pictures a guy done. Noticed he used alot of those labels. Thinking I might like to get a few of them together from each of the countries (Dominican Repub, Honduras, Cuba, Nicaragua, etc.) Anybody have any ideas on where to get them? Or getting them off the box intact without tearing them up?
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 11:01 PM 11-14-2009
The only one I have is one from the first bundle of dog rockets I ever ordered. Dominican I believe. I'd send it to you except for the fact that it is at home, and im at college.

As for where to find them, I have no idea.
[Reply]
BryanB 06:51 AM 11-15-2009
Bundles would be the easiest way to get them. Most of the time (if they have one) the label is just shoved in there. Getting them off a box is a crap shot. Somtimes the label are hanging off and sometimes impossible. Should be easier on a high gloss box.
[Reply]
Footbag 07:42 AM 11-15-2009
Varnished Cuban boxes are usually put in cardboard packaging. It is very easy to get the labels off of the Cardboard. Or at least the older labels. The new holographic ones are hard to get off.
[Reply]
Namerifrats 08:09 PM 11-15-2009
Well, if I could just get 1 of each, I could make a high quality scan of them and print them to size. Then just use those, just for looks anyway.
[Reply]
fsjonsey 11:22 AM 11-20-2009
The easiest way to get an warranty/tax label off of a cigar box is to use a heat gun to melt the adhesive. A few seconds and the label should lift right off with minimal effort.
[Reply]
Namerifrats 02:40 PM 11-20-2009
Originally Posted by fsjonsey:
The easiest way to get an warranty/tax label off of a cigar box is to use a heat gun to melt the adhesive. A few seconds and the label should lift right off with minimal effort.
Good info! I have a couple 5packs of Nubs I got from CBid. They have those labels. Also have a heatgun. Wonder if it would work getting it off cardboard.
[Reply]
JJG 02:55 PM 11-20-2009
I think the hardest problem will be finding warranty seals that aren't already split.
[Reply]
T.G 03:05 PM 11-20-2009
Originally Posted by JJG:
I think the hardest problem will be finding warranty seals that aren't already split.
I don't think that very many US based vendors open boxes for inspection prior to shipment. Most CC vendors do though, but you can always request no inspection.

Also, some NC bundle cigars have export tax seals on the wrapping of the mazo, those are usually real easy to get off, or a sharp pair of scissors around the outside edge and you just leave the cello attached.
[Reply]
Up