Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Origen Cigars by J. Fuego?
poriggity 12:16 PM 04-11-2009
At least that's who I think my tobacconist said makes these. He gave me one to review for Cigar Choice, and I enjoyed it, but I am having a hard time finding out any information on them, or other places to get them. Does anyone know anything about them? Here's a crappy picture of one from my Iphone...

Scott
Attached: origen80.JPG (27.2 KB) 
[Reply]
sikk50 02:15 PM 04-11-2009
I believe J. Fuego is owned by two brothers. They've been starting to make a name for them selves in the last year or so. Trying to be more reputable. I met one of the owners. I forget his name, but he came into the shop I go to at home (Ventura) to rep. Really nice guy. At the time I think there was only 4 or 5 of us at the shop and he gave us each a couple different smoke, he looked at what ere were smoking at the time an tried to give us his compairable version, I smoked one of them at the time and it as very good. I kept the other I felt like it had good aging potential. I've had it since December or November I think. But all in all the one I had was very om noms. I think you'll be delightfuly impressed.
[Reply]
poriggity 03:04 PM 04-11-2009
To be clear, I've already smoked the Origen. I just didn't know if there was more info out there on this particular stick. My local shop had an event with J. Fuego cigars, and Jesus Fuego himself was at the event. I don't know if he is one of the "two brothers" you speak of, but I just wish I could find some more info on this particular stick. I like some of J. Fuego's stuff, and other stuff doesn't do much for me, but this one I really really enjoyed.
Scott
[Reply]
ekert 08:12 AM 11-09-2009
Hello all, I am pleased to announce the fall pre-release of the Origen cigar. This fall we are introducing the belicoso fino size (5 1/2 x 52) in our highly acclaimed Origen blend with an MSRP of $7.50. As some of you may or may not know, this cigar is made up of 100% corojo seed tobacco with the wrapper being a rich and spicy Brazilian corojo, the binder being a sweet Costa Rican corojo, and the fillers being half Nicaraguan corojo and half Honduran corojo.

This cigar is being officially introduced at the IPCPR show in New Orleans in August of 2010 but we are pre-releasing the Origen to select accounts nationwide. We are making available 500 boxes, with our top 100 accounts each getting 5 boxes. Over the next week I will post a list of tobacconists that will be receiving this cigar, and should anybody have any questions please do not hesitate to shoot me a line.

Kindest Regards,

Ekert Cordon
National Sales Director, Tabacos, S.A.

Here is a list of the customers who have already received their allocation of Origen, or who will be receiving them soon:

AZ-CASAFUMA
AZ-CIGAR KING
AZ-STAG TOBACCONIST
AZ-TINDERBOX2
CA-CIGAR MONKEY
CA-DANA POINT CIGAR
CA-PALM DESERT
CA-PERFECT BLEND
CA-SMOKERCASTLE
CA-THEHUMIDOR ( Redland)
CA-WESTCOASTCIGARS
CO-HAVANAMANOR(Longmont)
CO-IMPERIAL CIGAR
CO-STOGIES & BOGEY'S
CO-TOBACCO LEAF II(Lakewood)
CT-THE TOBACCO SHOP, LLC
DE-CIGARETCCITY
FL-CIGAR CONNOSIEUR
FL-REEL SMOKERS
FL-SABOR HAVANA (Doral)
FL-SABOR HAVANA (Palm Beach)
FL-SABORHAVANA ( Coral Gables)
FL-SABORHAVANA (Doral)
FL-TAMPA HUMIDOR E BUSCH
FL-ULTIMATE CIGARS
GA-SMOKERSPARADISE
GA-THECIGARMERCHANT#2(Alpharetta)
IL-BELICOSOCIGARLOUNGE
KS-CIGARCHANTEU
KY-PARTYSOURCE
LA-CRESCENT CITY CIGAR SHOP
LA-PIPER'S HAVEN
MA-GLOUCESTER STREET
MA-OLD FIRE HOUSE
MA-THE OWL SHOP
MD-BETHESDATOBACCO
MD-THE HUMODOR, INC
MD-TITANSCIGARS
MO-FIDEL'S
MO-THE OUTLAW CIGAR COMPANY
ND-GREATPLAINSMOKESHOPE
NH-CASTROS BACK ROOM- CONCORD
NH-TWIN SMOKE SHOP
NM-SANTA FE CIGAR Co.
NY-DAVIDOFF ( Madison)
NY-DAVIDOFF (Columbus Circle)
NY-DELACONCHA
NY-JBARBERA
OH-PORT ROYAL
OR-AVVA CIGARS & TOBACCO
PA-ACE TOBACCO TOWN
PA-AT CIGARS, INC
PA-ATLANTICCIGAR
PA-LIBERTY SMOKER
RI-CIGARMASTER
RI-REGENCY CIGAR
TN-SILO CIGARS
TN-STOGIE'S
TX-CASA PETRIDES
TX-CIGAR CIGAR
TX-HEROES & LEGACIES
TX-SERIOUS CIGARS
TX-TOWN-COUNTY CIGAR
TX-TOWN-COUNTY CIGAR
VA-CIGARCONNECTIONTOBACCONIST
VA-EMERSON'S CIGARS
VA-JOHN B.HAYES # 2
VA-SELECTLEAF
WA -MARKET TOBACCO PATCH
WA-J&J CIGARS
WY-TOBACCO ROW
[Reply]
poriggity 01:32 PM 11-09-2009
Thanks Ekert! My local shop is the Humidor in Redlands, Ca, and they have about 10-12 boxes.. I may grab a box from him.. These are great smokes!
Scott
[Reply]
Porsche944Lover 02:11 AM 11-14-2009
Hey, I actually work at Emerson's Cigars (one of the listed retailers for the Origen). We've been carrying them for about 6 or 8 months or so.

I LOVE this cigar!!! J. Fuego has something here and I hope it is a stick they continue to produce. The only size we've been carrying so far is the toro. Let me tell you, it's a great flavor and perfect body for what I like to smoke. The price point on these is great and if I don't know what I want to smoke any given day this is a great pick for my indecisive mind. I'm actually smoking one right now and googled it just because I wanted to know more about it since I've been smoking it for about 6 months now (not the only thing I smoke, but I've smoked them more than anything else, as we have an extensive selection I'm working my way through). I'll write more about the flavor profile later, it's 4am my time so my pallet is a little fried from a long day, lol.

Happy smoking all.

Kevin
[Reply]
ekert 09:11 AM 11-23-2009
Hey Scott and Kevin, thanks for the feedback. The first release was indeed a toro and now this fall we have released the belicoso fino size. On a side note, I look forward to going up to Chesapeake with Jesus the last week in April to do some events for the fine folks at Emerson's (say hi to Scott for me).

Kindest Regards,

-Ekert
[Reply]
Up