Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Just ordered a new Cutter Cuban Crafters.
irratebass 10:14 AM 09-28-2011
This bad boy is on sale right now, anyone have one and want to chime in or tell me I made a mistake by getting this? I like that there is really no way to make a bad cut with this....thanks to Cigarobsession for turning me on to it.

http://www.cubancrafters.com/products.php/item_id/5291
[Reply]
shilala 10:25 AM 09-28-2011
I have metal ones with a stop in behind the blades like that. The little hole is for beli's and such, so you can get a deeper cut. I know this goes against religion here, but as far as I'm concerned, they're the best cutters I can get.
Perfect cut every time, perfect depth, and you can take a little more off with ease, if you need to. I can't do that with my xikars or palios, I just make a crooked squashy mess.
The only problem is that I haven't found the two or three I have since I moved. I think I know where they are, just haven't dug for them yet. Those were the ones I always used around the house and shop and deck, the others went in my travel humis because they were much lighter.
I have not tried these plastic ones with a stop in the back. I wouldn't expect them to be real durable, Mickey. Let us know how that works out. If you like the way they work, find some metal ones. I think you'll extra like them. :-)
[Reply]
irratebass 11:06 AM 09-28-2011
Thanks for the tip Scott, yeah maybe the one that was on Cigarobsession (can't remember his name right now) is metal....but it was only $14.99 so still a steal lol
[Reply]
emopunker2004 11:09 AM 09-28-2011
I got one as a gift from kickerb. It sucks. His is great. I need to send mine back. It never worked right.
[Reply]
kickerb 11:44 AM 09-28-2011
Yeah, I'm really starting to dislike mine. The blades don't close tight leaving a small gap between the blades. I also get the cigar cut 'bump' more often now than before. I wouldn't recommend it at this point. Especially since Justin's one was a piece of garbage.

There are better options IMO. But, considering the price point, it's not a bad deal.
[Reply]
kickerb 11:48 AM 09-28-2011
Also, to me it takes off too much of the cap. Does good with larger ring gauge cigars, but will butcher the small rig gauges.

:-)
[Reply]
irratebass 11:52 AM 09-28-2011
Hmmm, thanks for your feedback Bryan......I really just like the idea of how the hole stops the cigar to give you that "perfect" cut......I will see how it goes, I love my punch, and I haven't figured out the whoe cutting thing yet so I thought this would be "perfect." :-)

Do any other cutters have this type of hole to prevent the jagged mess some of us get?
[Reply]
deadrise 11:53 AM 09-28-2011
http://amzn.com/B003MB0Q2Q this is the one i bought was about 13 after shipping and what can i say it just works great
[Reply]
shilala 11:55 AM 09-28-2011
Originally Posted by kickerb:
Also, to me it takes off too much of the cap. Does good with larger ring gauge cigars, but will butcher the small rig gauges.

:-)
There's a really good point that I missed. They aren't good for really small rings, the cut is too deep unless you hold the cigar back from the bottom. It'll take all the caps off and square the end.
I've never had a "bump" issue with the metal ones, but it stands to reason. Plastic probably can't stand up to the force required to cut very many cigars without giving way.
[Reply]
shilala 11:57 AM 09-28-2011
Originally Posted by deadrise:
http://amzn.com/B003MB0Q2Q this is the one i bought was about 13 after shipping and what can i say it just works great
That's the one I have.
The other one is this...
[Reply]
shilala 12:02 PM 09-28-2011
I also have one of these ridiculous things from Cuban Crafters. I've never used it, but it's fun to play with. It'd make a better izmel than a cigar tool.
[Reply]
deadrise 12:11 PM 09-28-2011
I like that cohiba cutter i wonder how it does on torps
[Reply]
irratebass 12:16 PM 09-28-2011
Originally Posted by shilala:
That's the one I have.
The other one is this...
Dang! looks like I didn't research well enough, oh well for the price I paid I'm not b!tching and who knows I might really like it, and if I don't I have links to these :-)

Thanks guys
[Reply]
mkarnold1 12:24 PM 09-28-2011
Thanks for the link. I'm going to get one of these. My cutter is a bit of a butcher...:-)
[Reply]
shilala 12:33 PM 09-28-2011
Originally Posted by irratebass:
Dang! looks like I didn't research well enough, oh well for the price I paid I'm not b!tching and who knows I might really like it, and if I don't I have links to these :-)

Thanks guys
That Cohiba was the very first cutter I ever owned that wasn't a plastic store freebie, Mick. I'm a bit sentimental on it. :-)
I paid a good bit more than $6.95, too. I'm thinking around 25 bucks shipped on ebay.
[Reply]
irratebass 12:39 PM 09-28-2011
Ouch, that's pricey.
[Reply]
pektel 01:08 PM 09-28-2011
Honestly, it didn't take me long to figure out the way of the Palio. Last cutter I will buy. Most likely, anyways. Now I need to get a good lighter. Though now that I've learned how to properly purge, my Ronsons and Lotus are working great!
[Reply]
irratebass 01:11 PM 09-28-2011
I have my eye on a Xikar Executive dual flame, but I can't find a decent price yet....need to check with my local B&M still.

Speaking of which and not wanting to start a nother thread which is better: a dual or triple flame, my cheapo triple flame that I have and love (built in punch is why I love it) seems to run out of fuel too often, unlike my single flame Ronsons.
[Reply]
Steve 01:17 PM 09-28-2011
I've been using mine for 5 or 6 years and love it.
[Reply]
irratebass 01:19 PM 09-28-2011
Originally Posted by steve:
I've been using mine for 5 or 6 years and love it.
Plastic or steel?
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up