Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Quesada tributo Julio
Don Fernando 11:06 AM 10-08-2011
The Quesada Tributo series was temporarily available in The Netherlands and I took the advantage to buy all four vitolas to try them. They sold quite fast but the general feedback wasn’t positive enough for the distributer to keep them in his portfolio and replaced them by the Quesada Espana series. I reviewed the three other tributo’s, the 5x50 Julio, with a 4 euro price tag, is the last one.

The wrapper is beautiful, shiny and oily with a beautiful vein. The bands are still pretty and the construction is fine. The cigar has a smell of a barnyard and straw. The wrapper is very thick. The predraw is a bit tight and I taste smooth raisins.

I taste coffee and earth, mild sweet. Soon I taste mild sweet leather with some citrus and after half an inch I tste some nuts. After a third I mainly taste citrus with some earth and leather as support flavour, some pepper in the aftertaste. The cigar slowlu gets more spicy. I like it.

Halfway I also taste some chocolate on the background with citrus and leather. There is also some pepper and nut in. After two thirds the citrus has gone. I do taste a lot of nuts with some leather and earth with a small pepper in the aftertaste.

This cigar lasted me for two hours. The smoke is ok and the dark ash is frayed, coarse but firm. I had to correct the burn a few times. The draw is a bit tight. The cigar is full flavoured and medium bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yes, I liked this tributo

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 6 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 8 / 10
Aroma third part: 8 / 10
[Reply]
Ogre 11:08 AM 10-08-2011
I have half a box of these in the humidor. They are a decent smoke, I like them.
[Reply]
RCS44 12:10 PM 10-10-2011
I have one of these in my humidoir, waiting for some age before smoking it!
[Reply]
Up