Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 144 of 199
« First < 4494134142143144 145146154194 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>The Bourbon Thread!!
icehog3 09:17 AM 08-13-2021
Originally Posted by The camaro show:

What do you guys think of these prices? What’s the best site you guys use to find MSRP?
Rare Breed is certainly a fair price at $47.

I rarely buy from sites online, prices just never seem to be reasonable. Add in shipping, and it's too much unless it's something you can't do without.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:20 AM 08-13-2021
Originally Posted by longknocker:
I Read That "Little Book Chapter 5" Is Coming Out This Summer For $124.99 Retail. Are These Any Good???
I will look for a bar with a bottle and try a pour or two first, Greg.

I liked Little Book 2, went through a bottle that I believe was $89.

Little Book 3 is the one all the bourbon guys rave about. I have a bottle and don't like it much.

Tried LB4 in a bar, not my jam at all. Easy pass.

I'll take a look at what the recipe for LB5 is, and probably have that pour before making any purchases.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:20 AM 08-13-2021
Little Kentucky Chew last night....

[Reply]
Porch Dweller 10:36 AM 08-13-2021
Originally Posted by Mikepd:
I've got one shop near me that carriers Penelope, and they only are stocking two facings at a time. I've been told the local distributors have access, but stores worry carry it, it boggles my mind. Good luck on finding any of the toasted series.

The other major issue locally is finding near MSRP on anything that is allocated. Hell I saw Blantons the other day for $145, damn highway robbery prices!
Holy crap! I've never been a fan of Blanton's, even at around $50. For $145 I can get nine bottles of WT101, five Elijah Craig Small Batch, or four Four Roses Single Barrel, any of which I'd enjoy a lot more. :-)
[Reply]
Mikepd 11:52 AM 08-13-2021
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:
Holy crap! I've never been a fan of Blanton's, even at around $50. For $145 I can get nine bottles of WT101, five Elijah Craig Small Batch, or four Four Roses Single Barrel, any of which I'd enjoy a lot more. :-)
Well exactly. It is crazy how stores will just wildly and randomly mark up allocated bottles. I'll happily go for some store picks and single barrel bottles before paying out the ass for something I don't even want.
[Reply]
Mikepd 07:14 PM 08-13-2021
Today’s wild price gouging adventures around Albany…
Elmer T Lee Single Barrel $300
Old Fitz 14 year Bottled in Bond (2020 national release) $500

Good news though, I found another bottle I was looking for, for Shack!
[Reply]
Beagleone 10:02 PM 08-13-2021
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I will keep a lookout, Tony.
No need, found it today at the district store in Dallas. Penelope Barrel Strength Four Grains. I believe this is the third rendition of the series, clocking in at 111 proof. Just opened it up and taste great so far. The other bottle, the Texas Select, is a toasted version. I'll try that tomorrow. :-)

[Reply]
icehog3 09:53 AM 08-14-2021
Glad you found the Penelope, Tony. :-)

Store not far from here that's known for its picks just offered their Jack Daniels SiB Barrel Proof pick yesterday which sold out quickly. I had a friend snag me a couple, which is great because my other JDBP pick is just about toast.

Last night had some 2015 Booker's (shocking, I know).

[Reply]
The camaro show 10:06 PM 08-15-2021
Smoked Woodford reserve old fashioned
[Reply]
icehog3 08:40 AM 08-16-2021
Some more of this. Have a new store pick coming so I can finish this one off as desired.

[Reply]
longknocker 09:01 AM 08-16-2021
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Some more of this. Have a new store pick coming so I can finish this one off as desired.

:-) You Still Favor Booker's???
[Reply]
icehog3 09:12 AM 08-16-2021
Originally Posted by longknocker:
:-) You Still Favor Booker's???
Booker's is my Number 1 for sure, Greg. But I've never had lots of unicorns, so there's always a chance for a new one. :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 09:13 AM 08-16-2021
Should be some good stuff at Shack!
[Reply]
stearns 08:18 AM 08-17-2021
Lots of good whiskey last week visiting my family, one standout was a sip from the Sagamore "Ryemagnac" a collab between Julios and Binny's. 4 year rye with a second maturation of 3.5 years in an Armagnac barrel. Drinking it blind I wouldn't even be able to tell you what spirit it was, wish I had grabbed a bottle for myself when they were available, it's not often you get something that unique

Originally Posted by hotreds:
Should be some good stuff at Shack!
I have a vague memory of you posting something last year and me saying "F*&% I wish I was going to Shack." Can't remember now what it was, but looking forward to having a few drinks together :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 09:07 AM 08-17-2021
Originally Posted by stearns:
I have a vague memory of you posting something last year and me saying "F*&% I wish I was going to Shack." Can't remember now what it was, but looking forward to having a few drinks together :-)
Didn't notice you will be there! Will be great to see you again after such a long time! I gather it will be you alone? When will you be arriving?
[Reply]
stearns 09:10 AM 08-17-2021
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Didn't notice you will be there! Will be great to see you again after such a long time! I gather it will be you alone? When will you be arriving?
The cards played right for me this year, getting in Thursday night with a couple of the CO guys (well coming in with Peter and Glenn, although Glenn is an AZ guy now). Really looking forward to catching up
[Reply]
hotreds 09:10 AM 08-17-2021
Most excellent!
[Reply]
The camaro show 06:39 PM 08-23-2021
Picked up a Woodford reserve Double oaked today after reading so many good reviews on it. $56 before tax which came out to be about $62.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:19 AM 08-24-2021
Thanks to Hugh, Ben, Peter, Gary and others for some great pours at The Shack! :-)

Thanks to Mike for hooking up the Booker's! :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 08:59 AM 08-28-2021
First time trying EHTaylor Single Barrel last night at QT's bar. I would likely never buy a bottle unless it was a store pick, just too big a crapshoot buying these. Over this particular bottle, I'd have taken EHT Small Batch instead at a fraction of the price.

Other pours last night were Russell SiB and Booker's Shiny Barrel.

[Reply]
Page 144 of 199
« First < 4494134142143144 145146154194 > Last »
Up