Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 152 of 225
« First < 52102142150151152 153154162202 > Last »
Sports>Red's Fans Check in
chippewastud79 08:57 AM 03-22-2012
Originally Posted by Starscream:
Even so, he's still worth a sh!t ton of money, and he deserves it. I just hope he doesn't sign that big contract (for us or any other team) and wind up like Uttley.
He is a good 2B, and he will probably stay in Cincinnati. The problem is, this is the year they have to win, because Votto is gone either thru free agency or a trade. Hopefully they get a trade and get some value for him. Same with Phillips, if they can't resign him, they better trade him for something. Maybe this trade talk is an indication that Phillips doesn't want to stay. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:10 AM 03-22-2012
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
He is a good 2B, and he will probably stay in Cincinnati. The problem is, this is the year they have to win, because Votto is gone either thru free agency or a trade. Hopefully they get a trade and get some value for him. Same with Phillips, if they can't resign him, they better trade him for something. Maybe this trade talk is an indication that Phillips doesn't want to stay. :-)
Phillips has said on twitter numerous times that he wants to stay here, but I don't blame him for wanting more $$$ Gotta get paid :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 10:03 AM 03-22-2012
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Phillips has said on twitter numerous times that he wants to stay here, but I don't blame him for wanting more $$$ Gotta get paid :-)
Cincinnati is a small market team, they can't come up with the scratch that almost any other team in the MLB can. If they buy one big player it forces them to play lesser quality prospects (Stubbs, Bailey) or get over the hill players (Renteria, Rolen). Their farm system seems to be good, but they management has no patience to allow players to develop. They rush everyone to the Big Show and try and develop them on the fly. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 01:41 PM 03-24-2012
And our new closer will never pitch a game this year. Madson out for the season for Tommy John surgery...:-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 03:37 PM 03-24-2012
And our new closer will never pitch a game this year. Madson out for the season for Tommy John surgery...:-)
Nice pick up :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 06:01 PM 03-24-2012
It will be interesting to see if Marshall can be a great closer. Chapman will be a nice set-up guy.
[Reply]
Starscream 01:41 AM 03-25-2012
It will be interesting to see if Marshall can be a great closer. Chapman will be a nice set-up guy.
Meh. I'd rather see Chapman in the rotation in Louisville than be in the pen in Cincy. After he proves himself as a starter for the Bats, then lets see what he can do for the Reds' rotation later this year or next year.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:48 AM 03-25-2012
'Great' and Reds pitching do not go in the same sentence, Cordero was a decent closer, Marshall won't be much better, if at all. :-)

Chapman can't pitch on the reg, and once he gets a few days in a row, he falls apart. The league seemed to have figured out that he doesn't throw many strikes and the 3rd day in a row he is worthless. His best shot is back in the rotation like he was in Cuba, but a high pitch count and as the season wears on, I think he will become even worse. Afraid to say it, but he is showing signs that his arm is already worn out. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 11:40 AM 03-25-2012
'Great' and Reds pitching do not go in the same sentence, Cordero was a decent closer, Marshall won't be much better, if at all. :-)

Chapman can't pitch on the reg, and once he gets a few days in a row, he falls apart. The league seemed to have figured out that he doesn't throw many strikes and the 3rd day in a row he is worthless. His best shot is back in the rotation like he was in Cuba, but a high pitch count and as the season wears on, I think he will become even worse. Afraid to say it, but he is showing signs that his arm is already worn out. :-)
I haven't given up on him yet, but he's been a bust so far. And that's not completely his fault. The Reds organization has completely mishandled this kid. He should have been groomed for the rotation since day one.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 02:06 PM 03-25-2012
I haven't given up on him yet, but he's been a bust so far. And that's not completely his fault. The Reds organization has completely mishandled this kid. He should have been groomed for the rotation since day one.
The Reds don't groom anyone. Just rush prospects to the Big Show without developing anything. They are supposed to have a nice farm system, its just too bad they never stay there. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 09:21 PM 03-25-2012
The Reds don't groom anyone. Just rush prospects to the Big Show without developing anything. They are supposed to have a nice farm system, its just too bad they never stay there. :-)
Agreed.:-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:09 AM 03-29-2012
1 week away! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 06:33 PM 03-29-2012
I'm excited! Win or lose, I'm ready for the season to start.
[Reply]
Starscream 09:56 PM 03-30-2012
Final spot in the rotation? Bailey or Chapman.
I'm assuming Cueto, Latos, Arroyo, and Leake are already no-brainers.
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:13 AM 03-31-2012
I think they will go with Bailey.
[Reply]
hotreds 07:58 AM 04-01-2012
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...nletter-sports
[Reply]
kelmac07 09:35 AM 04-01-2012
Homer Bailey is a lot like Mike Pelfrey...loads of talent, but can't seem to put it together.
[Reply]
Starscream 11:27 AM 04-01-2012
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Homer Bailey is a lot like Mike Pelfrey...loads of talent, but can't seem to put it together.
Spot on. It's a shame that the Reds have a lot of guys who have talent but can never put it together.:-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 02:05 PM 04-01-2012
Glad to see we traded away Juan Francisco. He either hit the ball a long way, or struck out badly.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 02:43 PM 04-01-2012
Glad to see we traded away Juan Francisco. He either hit the ball a long way, or struck out badly.
Why are you so in love with Stubbs and Bruce? :-)
[Reply]
Page 152 of 225
« First < 52102142150151152 153154162202 > Last »
Up