Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>San Andres Valley Morron wrapper
ylo2na 09:14 PM 11-09-2010
Am interested in knowing how many cigars are made with this wrapper. Here is a partial list of what I have found...
Murcielago
Monte Cristo Reserva Negra
Gispert Maduro
San Luis Rey Serie G Maduro
Quintero Maduro
H Upmann Reserve maduro

would appreciate any cigars you could add to this list with this wrapper
Thanks,
Ylo2na
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 08:56 PM 11-16-2010
Hello Chuck,

I'm sure there are a number of cigars using this wrapper. Here's an article from the Fall 2009 Smoke Magazine you can peruse:

http://www.smokemag.com/0909/feature.htm
[Reply]
pinotguy 09:26 PM 11-16-2010
Although I could certainly be mistaken, I believe the La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor also uses this capa.
[Reply]
AlohaStyle 09:34 PM 11-16-2010
Originally Posted by pinotguy:
Although I could certainly be mistaken, I believe the La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor also uses this capa.
You are correct
[Reply]
AlohaStyle 09:36 PM 11-16-2010
The Tatuaje Face also uses it, but a Seco priming which is why it's lighter in color.

From Brooks review on what Pete Johnson said:

"It has a Mexican wrapper. We don't use a high priming; it's a Seco leaf, so the shade is more like Café Rosado color. But gnarly-looking! The crazy thing about Mexican wrapper is that when it's drying out, it's almost like the oil pockets [in the leaf] explode . . . and turn white."
[Reply]
ylo2na 01:40 PM 11-20-2010
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
Hello Chuck,

I'm sure there are a number of cigars using this wrapper. Here's an article from the Fall 2009 Smoke Magazine you can peruse:

http://www.smokemag.com/0909/feature.htm
Great article and thanks for sending the link to me. I am trying to get my hands on every cigar using this wrapper....and, have most of them. Was even surprised to see that Tabamex was included.
Again,
Thanks,
Ylo2na
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 10:48 PM 11-29-2010
These:

Isla De Cuba Blend 376 Corona Chica 5x44
Santa Clara Diamond Series en Maduro
[Reply]
Up