Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Aristocrat Humidors to discontinue building humidors
stevieray 11:43 AM 01-21-2019
For all those who had ordering an Aristocrat Humidor on their bucket list....Bob Staebell has stopped taking orders.

From the website http://www.aristocrathumidors.com

"We have thoroughly enjoyed creating Aristocrat Humidors for our clients over the last 25 years, and it is now time to slow the pace down a bit. Our focus will be to continue providing sales and service of our precision electronic humidification systems for new and existing commercial and residential humidors.

We are closing the humidor building side of the business. I look forward to ongoing contact with current clients and greeting new customers for Aristocrat Humidification systems over the coming years."

Best investment I ever made was having my cabinet built. I wish Bob well with his retirement.
[Reply]
markem 11:53 AM 01-21-2019
Oh holy crap! The world of humidors has felt a tremor in the force.

I was so looking forward to getting a mate for the cabinet that he build for me.

This is the picture of mine that he took when it was made. The cherry is a much deeper, redder shade now.

His description but it was made in the in-between 22.5 size. I think that he just forgot when he posted it.

Bookmatched Quilted Maple

Mxt26.5 Quilted Maple Inlay Sides

Quilted Maple Raised Panels

Crown Molding & Inlay Top
Attached: aristocrat.jpg (38.8 KB) 
[Reply]
croatan 12:35 PM 01-21-2019
That's a shame. He's always been such the craftsman, and we've been particularly lucky to have him close by. I'd been meaning to ask him to build me a singles drawer for mine. Guess I missed my chance.
[Reply]
stearns 01:16 PM 01-21-2019
**** :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 02:33 PM 01-21-2019
Dang. Hopefully I can still buy the filter wicks for my cabinet humidifier.
[Reply]
DennisP 02:57 PM 01-21-2019
So bummed. This was the year for me to upgrade mine to something like markem showed above.
[Reply]
Apoco 06:34 PM 01-21-2019
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
If your system is like mine, you can get those wicks on Amazon.
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:26 PM 01-21-2019
Originally Posted by Apoco:
If your system is like mine, you can get those wicks on Amazon.
Link please! Thanks!
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 07:52 PM 01-21-2019
I wonder if Larry in SD will sell me back my Aristocrat now that I'm on my feet? LOL
[Reply]
icehog3 08:47 AM 01-22-2019
Bob said he will continue to offer products and support for his customers' set and forget systems.
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 09:40 AM 01-22-2019
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Bob said he will continue to offer products and support for his customers' set and forget systems.
Mine still has the older LCD controller. One of these days I probably should update the system. Can't blame Bob for tapering off but we're really losing a craftsman.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 10:18 AM 01-22-2019
As beautiful as they are, it doesn't look like there is something magical about them that someone else couldn't do.

Good time for another custom cabinet maker to focus on humidors. The humidification system is pretty rudimentary IMO and have plenty of room for innovation.

I am not knocking their product at all. With a small investment in promotion, someone else could be at Bob's level in 3-5 years easily.
[Reply]
markem 03:33 PM 01-22-2019
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
As beautiful as they are, it doesn't look like there is something magical about them that someone else couldn't do.
There is nothing magical about space travel that someone else couldn't do.

Why don't YOU do it?
[Reply]
GTS21 11:23 AM 01-23-2019
Bob has taken great care of his customers over the years, including myself. Great product, great guy!
[Reply]
Da Klugs 11:24 AM 01-23-2019
Originally Posted by GTS21:
Bob has taken great care of his customers over the years, including myself. Great product, great guy!
Agree. When my humidification system crapped out after 5 days he shipped a new one sight unseen and waited for the return.
[Reply]
GoodFella 03:04 PM 01-23-2019
What's next best option? I have been off the site and out of the game for a while. Came here looking for the name of the aristocrat since I could not remember who made the best humidor. Only to find this.
[Reply]
icehog3 11:51 PM 01-23-2019
Originally Posted by GoodFella:
What's next best option? I have been off the site and out of the game for a while. Came here looking for the name of the aristocrat since I could not remember who made the best humidor. Only to find this.
I've heard some people talk well of the Avallos if you're definitely looking for a cabinet humidor. Lots of people have gone to the converted wine coolers since I've been on the forums, but that is obviously a different look.
[Reply]
68TriShield 05:39 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I just got a six pack of wicks last week.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 07:23 AM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by markem:
There is nothing magical about space travel that someone else couldn't do.

Why don't YOU do it?
I make enough from my day job.

What is unique about his humidors that a custom cabinet maker couldn't do?

I didn't know that about space travel; thanks!
[Reply]
Apoco 03:30 PM 01-27-2019
Link please! Thanks!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BQU6OI

That's for the B810 that I use.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up