Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Thoughts? Soto Pocket Torch
T.G 11:25 AM 01-09-2014
Originally Posted by ky70:
If time is no issue, DX will be tough to beat on price. But I got my couple from ebay for around $4 each as I was willing to pay a $1 or 2 more since I wanted the lighters within the week and DX shipping can take a month or more.
$4-5 isn't bad, when I looked on eBay a minute ago, all I saw was some sellers trying to get $14.95 (but it comes with FREE shipping!) for one. But I'll also admit, I didn't look too hard.

Yeah, DX packages do take time.
[Reply]
T.G 11:27 AM 01-09-2014
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:

Edit: Damn there a lot of cool "cheap" little dodads on that site, it's like the devil site of cool little crap.
Yeah, and sometimes a few of them even work on arrival.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 11:52 AM 01-09-2014
Originally Posted by T.G:
A friend here has a "smart stand" for the iphone, it was a kickstarter project, mass produced in China, they have the exact same stand on that site, minus the name printed on it, for about 1/10th the kickstarter price, looks like they are pretty fast on the ripoffs.
[Reply]
ky70 12:11 PM 01-09-2014
LOL! Well said.
[Reply]
jledou 12:29 PM 01-09-2014
Thanks for the link Adam, 5 on the way.
[Reply]
Robulous78 07:59 PM 01-09-2014
Thanks Ken for the pictures and extra info!! :-)
[Reply]
ky70 08:57 PM 01-12-2014
If anyone is interested, just saw the Power jet torch from a US seller on eBay for $5 shipped.
Search "compact 1300 c jet lighter"

If time is not an issue, DX will have the best prices.

$4-5 isn't bad, when I looked on eBay a minute ago, all I saw was some sellers trying to get $14.95 (but it comes with FREE shipping!) for one. But I'll also admit, I didn't look too hard

[Reply]
the nub 09:08 PM 01-12-2014
Originally Posted by ky70:
Not scientifically, but I can share my personal experience

thanks for the side by side comparison pics.

FWIW my comment was regarding the suitability and affects on a cigar and it's taste
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 10:58 AM 01-13-2014
$4-5 isn't bad, when I looked on eBay a minute ago, all I saw was some sellers trying to get $14.95 (but it comes with FREE shipping!) for one. But I'll also admit, I didn't look too hard.

Yeah, DX packages do take time.
There is a local artist that had some "art" on ebay, I believe the bidding started at $1, the shipping and handling was $800, it takes all kinds.
[Reply]
shilala 02:50 PM 01-13-2014
I think "No."
I have so many lighters that don't work, I don't think I have room for another one.
I still can't find better than a Ronson Jetlite, and they're easy to throw away.
The xikars and blazers and other more expensive ones, I insist I have to keep using them and struggling with them because I paid money for them. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up