Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 22 of 42
« First < 12202122 232432 > Last »
Sports>The Horseshoe Mafia
Whee 03:48 PM 09-29-2010
Looks like the med center is being kept busy.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...tml?xid=si_nfl

Best part about this is Gonzalez was crying ealrier about where he was on the depth chart. Maybe staying healthy would help...:-)

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...ID=20109070313
[Reply]
Resipsa 07:49 AM 09-30-2010
Good News:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...nebacker-corps

I was always a Hagler fan, just got hurt too much. Def. upgrade over Kavell Connor.
[Reply]
Resipsa 02:35 PM 10-03-2010
i am not happy. Early playhing like crap is not making me happy. Few teams I hate more than the Jagoffs
[Reply]
Resipsa 03:12 PM 10-03-2010
I've now watched Collie, Wayne, and Clark all drop passes right in their hands.

dudes, you CANNOT drop passes. A dropped pass is a run for no gain. How often do you see runs for no gains? RARELY. Catch the fuggin ball!
[Reply]
Whee 03:13 PM 10-03-2010
Relax, Vic. You've posted in here three times in one day. You're gonna burn yourself out!:-)

I really wish that they would actually catch those pass though.
[Reply]
Resipsa 03:48 PM 10-03-2010
Originally Posted by illinoishoosier:
Relax, Vic. You've posted in here three times in one day. You're gonna burn yourself out!:-)

I really wish that they would actually catch those pass though.
driving for a score, dropped pass, pick.

:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Resipsa 03:56 PM 10-03-2010
I'm gonna have a stroke.

You cannot play a soft zone against a team that just wants to hand the ball off and with someone like garrard who CANNOT throw the ball down the field. You're simply playing into their hands.

STACK THE FUGGIN BOX, BLITZ PEOPLE AND MAKE GARRARD BEAT YOU!
IS THAT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?????
[Reply]
Resipsa 04:13 PM 10-03-2010
Anybodby else want to chime in????
[Reply]
Resipsa 04:15 PM 10-03-2010
I hope they lose. I'm so pissed off right now.
[Reply]
Resipsa 04:55 PM 10-03-2010
why are you throwing the ball? why aren't you burning up the clock?

There isn't enough time for the Jags to get the ball, run three plays, punt the ball, you get it back, and you drive for a score.

So all you're doing is giving them time to score in regulation.

Dumbasses.
[Reply]
Resipsa 05:03 PM 10-03-2010
everybody happpy now?
[Reply]
Whee 05:10 PM 10-03-2010

Looking pretty ragged. Two losses in the division is going to be tough to overcome this year, I'm afraid.
[Reply]
Resipsa 05:13 PM 10-03-2010
You know, I am so goddamn pissed off.

Rarely will I blame a loss on coaching. But lets see what we did here:

You have an opponent qb who blows, who can't throw the ball down the field to save his life. An opponent who has one playmaker, a rb. So What do you do?

Do you stack the box and take away the run? Move your DB's up and compress the secondary to take away the short pass?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.......

You play your vanilla, soft two cover zone, playing right INTO the strengths of your opppnent. BRILLIANT!

On offense, you're facing an oppenent who has made no secret of the fact that their game play is to limit you're opporutnities with the football, on offense they're just going to run, run run the ball, throw short passes to eat up the clock.

So what do you do? Do you run a quick, up tempo offense to counter that, maximize the number of times you have the ball? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...........your very first drive takes nearly 9 minutes off the clock in the first quaarter, essentially playing right into their hands, again. BRILLIANT!

At the end of the game, do you use up all of the time on the clock, forcing the game to OT????

NOOOOOOOOO......you leave plenty of time on the clock for them to drive downfield and kick the game winning field goal. BRILLIANT!!!!

Won't even get into the drop passes, turnovers in the red zone. Hey Hayden, nice catch!!!
[Reply]
taltos 09:28 PM 10-03-2010
Originally Posted by Resipsa:
everybody happpy now?
Very!:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Whee 09:29 PM 10-03-2010
Originally Posted by taltos:
Very!:-):-):-)
Move along. Nothing to see here.

How did you get past the crime tape?:-)
[Reply]
jaycarla 11:02 PM 10-03-2010
Not even going to address the 22 yd completion to what would be a second string QB on almost every other team. I am more troubled with the crap ass clock management.

I am no NFL head coach, I do know that for fact, the throw on 1st and goal was a hideous call. Maybe Peyton saw something, maybe it was the call, I don't know, but a run there would either run 40 extra seconds off the clock or force a timeout. You are one foot away.

Maybe the Jags win the toss and it is irrelevant, but that was just bad.

Penalties and turnovers, got to get that chit in line. I could write a scroll here, but I will just end it now, frustrating.
[Reply]
Whee 09:23 AM 10-04-2010
Turning ugly at home.

http://www.indystar.com/article/2010...rd-to-overcome

Of course Kravitz would throw his own mother under the bus if it meant it got him national play.

This comment from Sessions I find troubling...

"It's still early, still early, still early,'' Session said. "We'll pick it up. We'll get it together. It's still early. We'll get it together.''

Sounds like instead of working to fix how bad they are, they think some magical fairy dust will land on their heads and make them good. Hard to believe this is the same 11 as last year.
[Reply]
jaycarla 02:07 AM 10-05-2010
KC is coming to Indy, I was so close to being able to come to the game. FRICK!!!!!!

Lin Elliot, January 1996.....ahhhhhh good times. When and if I lose all my marbles I will still be able to sit and stare at the wall and remember that game fondly. Just seeing the Chiefs on the field with them still makes me giddy. What a day! Young and dumb and stumbling around the tavern talking so much chit I was asked to leave, beauty.

Kansas City is just the elixir that we need! 3-0? Pahleeeese!

This is why I still have the trusty VCR hooked up in the living room, I am watching that game this week. May even do the double dip and watch the San Diego game from the previous week.
[Reply]
Mikey202 11:58 AM 10-05-2010
Originally Posted by Resipsa:
You know, I am so goddamn pissed off.
3rd longest FG in NFL history.:-)
[Reply]
Resipsa 03:32 PM 10-05-2010
Originally Posted by Mikey202:
3rd longest FG in NFL history.:-)
Mikey, don't make me come
Over to the steelers thread, a 'goodntimes
Will not be had by all, LOL