Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Victor Sinclair triple corojo churchill
Don Fernando 03:51 AM 02-05-2010
This 7 x 50 Churchill by Victor Sinclair is completely made out of Dominican corojo tobacco and has a strong hay & wood aroma. The cigar isn't straight, it's a bit crooked. The wrapper is spotted and has a big ft vein running over it. The only thing that looks good on this cigar is the nice gold & purple band around the foot. The cigar feels very hard but the predraw is fine and leaves me a raisin flavor on the palate.

I get a full hay flavor with my first few puffs and I also notice a bit of wood. The texture of the flavors is very dry. After a centimeter the flavors get a little musty and there isn't a lot going on. Musty hay, that's it.

Halfway the hay gets more grassy and spicier, but also harsh. At the end I can taste some leather, also spicy. After the ash broke off, I had to correct the burn

There is a lot of built up of nicotine, I had to purge the cigar a couple of times and each time I got a big ass flame.

The smoke is poor and the draw is just a bit too hard, I had to use a poker to make it better. The ash is dark but firm. This full bodied mild to medium flavored cigar becomes boring very quickly and because it is a churchill, the boredom takes forever. If it wasn't for a review I would have tossed this cigar pretty quickly.

Would I buy this cigar again? Simple answer: NO!

Appearance: 4 / 10
Construction: 6 / 10
Draw: 6 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 6 / 10
Aroma first part: 6 / 10
Aroma second part: 6 / 10
Aroma third part: 6 / 10
Aroma third part: 6 / 10
[Reply]
Mr.Erskine 03:54 AM 02-05-2010
I like the torpedo version of this cigar, and I'm not the biggest churchill fan. That said, I'm surprised that this cigar didn't do better for you. Thanks for the review!
[Reply]
Kreth 05:53 AM 02-05-2010
Nice review. I haven't tried the Churchill, but I really like these in robusto, especially with a little rest.
Just one question:
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
I had to purge the cigar a couple of times and each time I got a big ass flame.
Ass flame? How exactly do you purge your cigars? :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
BlackIrish 07:46 AM 02-05-2010
Originally Posted by Kreth:
Ass flame? How exactly do you purge your cigars?
:-)
[Reply]
G G 07:54 AM 02-05-2010
I had one of these last week and thought it was ok. Nice review.
[Reply]
eber 08:36 AM 02-08-2010
I was thinking about grabbing a box of these for daily smokes because of their price point but this review may have me reconsidering, thanks for the review
[Reply]
bobarian 11:55 AM 02-08-2010
I think your ratings were a bit generous. This cigar barely merits 40/100. I've only had one but that was more than enough to convince me I didnt need to have a second. Boring and one dimensional, mind numbing. :-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 11:58 AM 02-08-2010
Thanks for the review Ferdie. I have never had a VS cigar that was really good.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 08:07 PM 02-08-2010
Thanks for the review:-)
[Reply]
acruce 08:27 PM 02-08-2010
Not a big fan of the VS line . In my opinion you can find better smokes in same price range. Nice review though.
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:21 AM 02-09-2010
Nice review Ferdie.
[Reply]
Aldebaran 10:32 AM 02-09-2010
I was always hearing about VS Triple Corojo being the only good one of their many lines but I always figured it was better than terrible at best. I smoked one and I agree with bobarian the rating was a bit generous consider I thought of the cigar much like you did in the review
[Reply]
OHRD 10:37 AM 02-09-2010
Still haven't had any Victor Sinclairs; anyone know of a mild VS they'd recommend?
[Reply]
Starscream 10:40 AM 02-09-2010
Originally Posted by matthewjmichael:
Still haven't had any Victor Sinclairs; anyone know of a mild VS they'd recommend?
Not the best smokes in the world at all, but if you want a mild VS, I would try the Connecticut Yankee or the Vintage Select. I'm not a big fan of either, but I would smoke these over Gurkhas and Puros Indios.
[Reply]
OHRD 11:08 AM 02-09-2010
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Not the best smokes in the world at all, but if you want a mild VS, I would try the Connecticut Yankee or the Vintage Select. I'm not a big fan of either, but I would smoke these over Gurkhas and Puros Indios.
Cool, I'll look for these, though not in a big hurry, as you said.
[Reply]
OHRD 11:25 AM 02-09-2010
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Vintage Select are on sale today, but who wants to smoke that giant? http://www.joecigar.com/index.asp
[Reply]
Don Fernando 11:25 AM 02-09-2010
Originally Posted by Aldebaran:
I was always hearing about VS Triple Corojo being the only good one of their many lines but I always figured it was better than terrible at best. I smoked one and I agree with bobarian the rating was a bit generous consider I thought of the cigar much like you did in the review
I disagree with the whole "generous" remarks (ofcourse). The flavors aren't bad enough to flunk the cigars, and anything below a 6 is flunking. But a 6 also isn't high enough to make it a good cigar that I recommend or want to smoke again.
[Reply]
neoflex 11:25 AM 02-09-2010
Smoked one of these not too long ago as I received a few Victor Sinclairs in different blends through a contest and it was one of the worst smokes I ever had. No, I think it was the worst smoke I ever had. Put off smoking them as long as I could as most reviews have been horrible but I figured I would try one and see for myself. I hated it. Even the aroma it gave off was acidic. I made it about a 1/4 of the way in before I pitched it because I couldn't take it any more as my smoking opportunities are far and few in the winter and didn't want to waste the opportunity on a stick I wasn't enjoying. I still have a few and thought about sending them along in a package to the troops but would almost feel guilty sending them to someone who is fighting for our country.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 11:27 AM 02-09-2010
Originally Posted by neoflex:
I still have a few and thought about sending them along in a package to the troops but would almost feel guilty sending them to someone who is fighting for our country.
send them to the taliban :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 12:09 PM 02-09-2010
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
send them to the taliban :-)
:-):-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up