Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Good Eats>Speaking of Good Eats
GhostRyder 06:54 AM 11-12-2008
Originally Posted by Mark C:
I remember reading somewhere that they offer a homebrew course down at VT now, you taking that? I managed to get into the wine tasting class my senior year, but homebrew wasn't a class yet. That didn't stop me from trying to make hard cider in my apartment... but sometimes I wish it did, that stuff was brutal!
I'm tryin to get in the Homebrew class next year. Hopefully it will be informative (and delicious). How was the wine tasting class?

Also, someone mentioned Popovers earlier in this thread. If you haven't had them before try em. I had some up in Acadia National Park at the Jordan Pond House--unbelievably delicious.
[Reply]
kugie 03:13 PM 11-19-2008
Alton Rocks
[Reply]
perogee 07:35 PM 11-20-2008
it is almost the time of year for egg nog!!

Anyone else tried the GE eggnog recipe? Personally I think it is great, but I would like to know if anyone has a recipe that they think is as good/better?
[Reply]
Mark C 05:10 AM 11-21-2008
Originally Posted by GhostRyder:
I'm tryin to get in the Homebrew class next year. Hopefully it will be informative (and delicious). How was the wine tasting class?
Just saw this post...

I thought the Wine Tasting class was great. Well organized, and well taught. It's NOT a BS class. Most people take it pass fail, but I thought of that as a cop out, I ended up with a B. You've got to treat it like any other class and make an effort to learn what's being taught, rather than just taste wine every couple weeks. What I enjoyed the most were the tastings. I think they were planned very well and showed clear differences from one wine to the next. The most interesting was the tasting session centered on tastes, rather than the wines. One wine was slightly modified (blind) to accent characteristics like bitter, sweet, sour, and 'mouthfeel' or body. Following that was a food pairing tasting that was very informative. I'd definitely recommend it, I even keep the textbooks in the kitchen with the rest of my cookbooks.
[Reply]
MadAl 12:51 PM 11-21-2008
I really like his shows. Great tips on safety.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up