Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 55 of 225
« First < 545535455 565765105155 > Last »
Sports>Red's Fans Check in
waffle 08:10 AM 08-03-2010
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
I am still not sold on the lineup they put on the field everyday. They have a severe need for a true leadoff hitter, better outfielders (particularly in center), some help in the bullpen and a starting pitcher. Down the stretch if they lose Rolen or Votto, they are in trouble and if they lose both, they might as well call it a day. Everyone else in the NL who is a threat got better except us. Luckily we play in the cupcake division and play all losing teams down the stretch so there is still hope. If they make it to the playoffs, I suspect a quick exit. :-)
So I was pissed off that we didnt make any trades until I listened to Lance on 1530 last night, he made some very valuable points. We have amazing talent in AAA that is absolutely lighting it up... Dickerson is hitting above .400, just brought Springer up, have Isringhausen, have Harang, have Bailey... we didn't make a trade because we can cherry pick the guys that are on rehab assignments and if they dont pan out, its not costing us anything. The best move will be the Dickerson up and Stubbs taken out back and shot... I'm all for that one :-)... after all whats the point of have a river so close if you cant throw a few crappy players in it??
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:16 AM 08-03-2010
Originally Posted by waffle:
So I was pissed off that we didnt make any trades until I listened to Lance on 1530 last night, he made some very valuable points. We have amazing talent in AAA that is absolutely lighting it up... Dickerson is hitting above .400, just brought Springer up, have Isringhausen, have Harang, have Bailey... we didn't make a trade because we can cherry pick the guys that are on rehab assignments and if they dont pan out, its not costing us anything. The best move will be the Dickerson up and Stubbs taken out back and shot... I'm all for that one :-)... after all whats the point of have a river so close if you cant throw a few crappy players in it??
I listened to Lance yesterday as well. I heard the same thing. That is why I am not upset that we didn't make a move. You have to remember that Adam is an eternal pessimist and will never be happy :-) Give Adam a gold brick, and he will not be happy that you didn't give him 4 gold bricks :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 09:32 AM 08-03-2010
Originally Posted by waffle:
Don't listen to Dan, he is a homer. Always a homer. If we have all this AAA talent, why aren't they helping us? Why is Stubbs still an everyday player if he is batting .229? Like I said, it feels like the perfect storm, in any other division we are likely not even in contention. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:58 AM 08-03-2010
Don't listen to Dan, he is a homer. Always a homer. If we have all this AAA talent, why aren't they helping us? Why is Stubbs still an everyday player if he is batting .229? Like I said, it feels like the perfect storm, in any other division we are likely not even in contention. :-)
Adam, that is one thing, I agree on. Stubbs needs to go down to Loiusville. Bring up Dickerson who is hitting .400 :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 10:57 AM 08-03-2010
Here's a hilariuos article by Paul Daugherty:

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/daughert...rning-line-83/

Manny to Cincy!:-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 11:06 AM 08-03-2010
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Here's a hilariuos article by Paul Daugherty:

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/daughert...rning-line-83/

Manny to Cincy!:-)
I like Daugherty. He is one hell of a writer.
[Reply]
Starscream 12:49 PM 08-03-2010
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
I like Daugherty. He is one hell of a writer.
I normally like his stuff too but this is just dumb.
[Reply]
elderboy02 12:50 PM 08-03-2010
I normally like his stuff too but this is just dumb.
Ughhh.. Your avatar is screwing with me. I can't find my posts in the thread :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 09:21 PM 08-03-2010
Ughhh.. Your avatar is screwing with me. I can't find my posts in the thread :-)
Peter said we were twins separated at birth (see my cut line).:-):-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:40 PM 08-03-2010
Peter said we were twins separated at birth (see my cut line).:-):-)
I know :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 09:11 AM 08-04-2010
Adam, that is one thing, I agree on. Stubbs needs to go down to Loiusville. Bring up Dickerson who is hitting .400 :-)
A week ago you were still proclaiming that Stubbs was the 'next big thing' :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 09:12 AM 08-04-2010
Just look at every other post and if that fails, just look for the ones that don't have anything to do with sports discussion. :-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:23 AM 08-04-2010
Just look at every other post and if that fails, just look for the ones that don't have anything to do with sports discussion. :-)
I hate you! :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 10:09 AM 08-04-2010
Originally Posted by :
You must spread some Reputation around before giving to chippewastud79 again.

:-):-)
[Reply]
Starscream 03:10 PM 08-04-2010
Janish is the MAN!:-)
[Reply]
elderboy02 06:28 PM 08-04-2010
Reds win! Reds win! :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 02:26 PM 08-06-2010
Looking good so far today!
[Reply]
Starscream 03:10 PM 08-06-2010
And this one belongs to the Reds!
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:37 PM 08-06-2010
[Reply]
Starscream 02:24 AM 08-07-2010
Don't try to change avatars on me twin brother.:-)
[Reply]
Page 55 of 225
« First < 545535455 565765105155 > Last »
Up