Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 8 of 39
« First < 678 91018 > Last »
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)
jjmitchem 09:26 AM 12-12-2009
Originally Posted by pnoon:
There is nothing typical when it comes to preferences. Your preferences are just that - your preferences. Don't let anyone else's (no matter their experience) influene your preferences.
:-)
what I meant is that do some prefer one or the other or are they different depending upon the roller?

If I find I do not prefer torpedos after a few does that mean I will not prefer all torpedos?
[Reply]
icehog3 09:29 AM 12-12-2009
Originally Posted by jjmitchem:
what I meant is that do some prefer one or the other or are they different depending upon the roller?

If I find I do not prefer torpedos after a few does that mean I will not prefer all torpedos?
I am much more concerned with the flavor of a cigar than shape. There are torpedos I like and those I don't, based on taste. So my answer to your question would be "no".
[Reply]
pnoon 09:32 AM 12-12-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I am much more concerned with the flavor of a cigar than shape. There are torpedos I like and those I don't, based on taste. So my answer to your question would be "no".
[Reply]
jjmitchem 09:33 AM 12-12-2009
Sorry, need to clarify again:-)

I am talking only about the draw, nothing else
[Reply]
pnoon 09:37 AM 12-12-2009
Sorry, need to clarify again:-)

I am talking only about the draw, nothing else
IMO, no correlation. You'll find good/bad draws with torpedos and parejos alike.

Keep smoking.
[Reply]
T.G 09:37 AM 12-12-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
[Reply]
icehog3 10:29 AM 12-12-2009
IMO, no correlation. You'll find good/bad draws with torpedos and parejos alike.

Keep smoking.
[Reply]
bobarian 11:50 AM 12-12-2009
Wise words above. :-)

To elaborate a bit on cutting a torpedo, and this is by no means the definitive word, but I like to cut mine at about a 30degree angle about 3/8" up. Test the draw and if you want it a bit more free then cut another 1/4 inch. You can also recut after smoking a bit if it starts to get tight. The reason for cutting at an angle is that you get more surface space exposed. :-)
[Reply]
jjmitchem 11:53 AM 12-12-2009
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Wise words above. :-)

To elaborate a bit on cutting a torpedo, and this is by no means the definitive word, but I like to cut mine at about a 30degree angle about 3/8" up. Test the draw and if you want it a bit more free then cut another 1/4 inch. You can also recut after smoking a bit if it starts to get tight. The reason for cutting at an angle is that you get more surface space exposed. :-)
Good instructions

Need to get myself a decent cutter for the torpedos I have. I have been using a punch and been happy with it so far
[Reply]
pnoon 12:01 PM 12-12-2009
Good instructions

Need to get myself a decent cutter for the torpedos I have. I have been using a punch and been happy with it so far
Look around for threads discussing the pros and cons to various cutters. Many here, like me, prefer a Palio but there are many others that folks prefer.
[Reply]
newcigar 06:57 PM 12-29-2009
hey, question from a noob,

what are the takes on a punch? good or bad?
[Reply]
mravery 07:06 PM 12-29-2009
Originally Posted by newcigar:
hey, question from a noob,

what are the takes on a punch? good or bad?
Personally, I like to use a punch. I probably cut about 25% and punch 75%.

Cheers
Mark
[Reply]
newcigar 07:20 PM 12-29-2009
Originally Posted by mravery:
Personally, I like to use a punch. I probably cut about 25% and punch 75%.

Cheers
Mark
i was always curious about the punch, my lotus came with one, but i never knew how to use it, just stuck to the double guillotine
[Reply]
mravery 07:24 PM 12-29-2009
Originally Posted by newcigar:
i was always curious about the punch, my lotus came with one, but i never knew how to use it, just stuck to the double guillotine
Also.. I should add.... I always put the 'un-punched' stick in my mouth for a min or so to soften the end before I punch it. Seems to make a bette , cleaner hole then trying to do it dry.

Cheers
Mark
[Reply]
Langod 03:27 PM 12-30-2009
I do the same, even with my usual guillotine cut. Definitely cuts down (pun!) on the ragged edges....
[Reply]
newcigar 11:21 PM 12-30-2009
definitely worth considering on the next stick, maybe i'll try that punch on a cheaper stick first, i guess. thank you all.
[Reply]
chachee52 07:58 AM 01-08-2010
I just bought my first humidor:-) and was wondering the best type of beads to get. There's the tubes which most people seem to be using, but on site that I've been shown has sheets. My humidor is just over 2200cu/in don't know if that matters, but what do you guys think is better the tubes or the sheets?
Another question, I'm going to need 2 of either, is it better to get two the same size or one big one small? Does it matter or just as long as it's the right coverage for the box?
Thanks guys!
Todd
[Reply]
bobarian 10:17 AM 01-08-2010
Originally Posted by chachee52:
I just bought my first humidor:-) and was wondering the best type of beads to get. There's the tubes which most people seem to be using, but on site that I've been shown has sheets. My humidor is just over 2200cu/in don't know if that matters, but what do you guys think is better the tubes or the sheets?
Another question, I'm going to need 2 of either, is it better to get two the same size or one big one small? Does it matter or just as long as it's the right coverage for the box?
Thanks guys!
Todd
I recommend Heartfeltindustries.com. I use a 2oz tube of 65% in my desktop and a pound each in my Vinotemps. :-)
[Reply]
chachee52 02:46 PM 01-08-2010
Originally Posted by bobarian:
I recommend Heartfeltindustries.com. I use a 2oz tube of 65% in my desktop and a pound each in my Vinotemps. :-)
that's the company that was refered to me, but my main question is they have two styles a tube of beads and sheet/case. Which on is better?
[Reply]
MrOneEyedBoh 02:50 PM 01-08-2010
I believe they are for different applications. They all do their job efficiently.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 39
« First < 678 91018 > Last »
Up