Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Ghurka Masterblender Maduro Churchill Video Review
kaelaria 10:31 PM 05-08-2009
This 7×52 stick did not want to burn well, giving off smoke only after multiple puffs. When it did, the flavors were medium bodied with an earthy core and a little spicy heat. I’ll let the video show what can’t be expressed in words…
[Reply]
sodomanaz 11:14 PM 05-08-2009
That's why I don't keep Gurkha's in my humidors anymore.
[Reply]
kaelaria 11:33 PM 05-08-2009
LOL - I've had a very hit and miss experience with them so far. I really did love the Park Ave, but that's the only one so far. Most others have been very frustrating. I definitely can't understand their price points!! I have never paid near retail, I got everything on sale, in samplers, trades, etc. No way I would pay super premium prices for any of them given my experience.
[Reply]
elderboy02 06:02 AM 05-09-2009
LOL. Thanks for the review.

I have now made your website my homepage because you list all the daily deals. This way I don't have to go to every website. :-)
[Reply]
troutbreath 06:34 AM 05-09-2009
"Sorry about that, whoever gets it." LOL

I have enjoyed the Ghurka Masters Select. They all seem to be really densely packed, though. Ghurka sticks just seem heavier than others, but only in actual weight.

Nice review. Made the most of a sad story.
[Reply]
sodomanaz 07:02 AM 05-09-2009
Originally Posted by kaelaria:
LOL - I've had a very hit and miss experience with them so far. I really did love the Park Ave, but that's the only one so far. Most others have been very frustrating. I definitely can't understand their price points!! I have never paid near retail, I got everything on sale, in samplers, trades, etc. No way I would pay super premium prices for any of them given my experience.
The price points are the biggest problem for me. Like I've *****ed on here before, I had a percentage (admittedly not huge, but still) start and end plugged. If these were a buck a stick, hell, I wouldn't care if 25% were plugged. When we're talking $8-10 a stick on discount (like the Titan, Titan II, Beast, etc), then things look a bit shittier.

I didn't think much of that squishy part in your review until I remembered my brother mentioning his cigar going soft while smoking a Symphony.

Still, I admit the Nepalese Warrior is a damn fine stick, when it isn't plugged.
[Reply]
Up