Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 71 of 270
« First < 2161697071 727381121171 > Last »
Good Eats>What's in your smoker?
T.G 04:21 PM 11-30-2010
Originally Posted by htown:
Could you use something like this;

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/produ...oMerchRules-_-
Besides the obvious question of when did Williams-Sonoma become a head shop (heh, look at the thumbnail picture of the reversible meat tenderizer about halfway down the page on the right side.... giggity.) the $100 price tag would keep me away - for that kind of money, one could buy a brand new Luhr-Jensen Little Chief electric smoker and a couple bags of wood chips.

Getting past all that and just looking at the device...

I suppose you could, although it takes time for the smoke to penetrate and I don't know how well that will or won't work with larger pieces and the ziplock bag trick like she was using on the salt. I'm sure it would work to infuse a bag of cheese cubes though, and if you're careful, even shredded cheese or slices, so long as you don't mind the taste of fresh smoked cheese - it can be kind of different than after it has had some time for the flavors to meld while resting in a vacuum sealed bag.:-)
[Reply]
Steve 04:25 PM 11-30-2010
Besides that...there is somethng to be said for red-neck engineering!

:-):-)
[Reply]
Steve 12:36 PM 12-07-2010
I'll be heading out in a little bit to pick up a case of BB ribs to cook for the office get together this weekend...I also have a couple of other "treats" that I think I may try to pull together before Saturday. Yea baby!
[Reply]
Gonesledn 02:48 PM 12-12-2010
fired up the Klose for a brisket today. decided to run it as a stickburner today with mulberry and apple. no charcoal. split up some mulberry logs, and fired her up. fark the snow, it dont bother me!

Image[/
[Reply]
Gonesledn 02:49 PM 12-12-2010
]Image
Image[/
[Reply]
hscmit 02:58 PM 12-12-2010
looking like a good day wes
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 03:21 PM 12-12-2010
Damn pretty brisket Wes!!! I like your selection of sticks as well.
[Reply]
Gonesledn 03:34 PM 12-12-2010
thanks guys!

just sliced 'er up... not too shabby. i was worried about being overly smokey using all sticks, but was just fine. the mulberry is a ver mild smoke.

[Reply]
T.G 03:54 PM 12-12-2010
Looks great Wes!
[Reply]
Scothew 10:20 PM 12-17-2010
hey guys, any thoughts on smokers like this: http://www.basspro.com/Masterbuilt-E...rodDescription

really like the size and all but conerned with having to keep tanks filled and how long a tank would last at around 200°
[Reply]
T.G 02:56 PM 12-18-2010
Originally Posted by Scothew:
hey guys, any thoughts on smokers like this: http://www.basspro.com/Masterbuilt-E...rodDescription

really like the size and all but conerned with having to keep tanks filled and how long a tank would last at around 200°
Steve just bought a similar rig
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=39460
[Reply]
OLS 08:26 AM 12-28-2010
Will somebody PLEASE smoke something this weekend?? Haha, I am going to thaw out a pack of small bone
spares tonight, the old three racks to a pack packs. That should fire up the weekend a bitsky. Might ought
to get a sack of taters foh ta make up some tater salad. Kart over to the place where they stack the vegetables,
I'll have to find where that part of the store is, though. Get me some sweet taters. Some comfort food for the
new year. No cabbage or black-eyed peas for me.
[Reply]
Steve 08:30 AM 12-28-2010
I will be doing a couple of butts, possibly a brisket, and more than likely a couple of slabs of ribs New Years Eve for a small group of friends that are going to ring in the New Year with us. Of course, a couple of cigars will be offered up as burnt offerings as well (provided I can kick this bug my office passed to me).
[Reply]
T.G 08:40 AM 12-28-2010
If the weather cooperates, I might smoke a fatty for the herf w/ dball at groog's place on Friday.
[Reply]
Steve 09:00 AM 12-28-2010
On a side note...my daughter and I met a friend from out of town yesterday at a local BBQ joint. As we were leaving, I saw a mobil unit in back so we stepped around to have a look. It was a Klose moble unit. Very sweet!
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 09:33 AM 12-28-2010
Originally Posted by OLS:
Will somebody PLEASE smoke something this weekend??
It won't be me... I have sworn that I have to use some of the stuff out of the freezer first:-) Heck even my black-eyed peas and collards are coming out of the freezer. Wait... I do have some sausage chubs... maybe I will fire up the little BGE and smoke a couple of fatties!!!
[Reply]
Mr B 09:58 AM 12-28-2010
Originally Posted by Scothew:

P.M. sent
[Reply]
Steve 07:13 AM 12-31-2010
Lang is fired up with a couple of butts and a brisket flat. Chicken and sausage will go on in a bit. Now, where's my Bourbon???

Its gonna get back up to the 70s today, damn glad Florida's back!
[Reply]
T.G 08:06 AM 12-31-2010
I have two fatties ready to go on for the herf today, as soon as I've had at least part of my cup of coffee, I'll head outside and light the smoker.
[Reply]
EricF 09:36 AM 01-01-2011
My new years day feast! Ribs and Pork! Yum! Yum!:-) :-) :-)

Will this work for ya Brad?
[Reply]
Page 71 of 270
« First < 2161697071 727381121171 > Last »
Up