Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Coffee Discussion>Is the Keurig here....
Tredegar 04:10 AM 01-30-2013
I got one for Christmas and love it. I am the only one who drinks coffee in my house so this is perfect for me. Finding the right coffee for me can be a challenge. I prefer stronger, richer flavors in my coffee so I am still searching for the right coffee. I do think that the prices of the cups are way too high too.
[Reply]
bdgile 09:37 AM 02-26-2013
I agree that it is here to stay. People like convenience no matter what the cost (price and quality).
[Reply]
OLS 09:57 AM 02-26-2013
Originally Posted by hammondc:
Thats right, I love the Gurkhas of the coffee world.
But you're a beautiful human being, Chip.
[Reply]
jechelman 10:41 AM 02-26-2013
It is definitely here to stay, at least until something better comes along. Nice to be able to quickly make a single cup. I use the Solofill refillable cup when I want something other than packaged k-cup coffee. I like the Solofill better than Keurig's My K-Cup refillable.
[Reply]
Blueface 04:13 PM 04-04-2013
Just broke down and got one.
[Reply]
n3uka 09:24 PM 04-04-2013
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Just broke down and got one.
I still expect espresso when I visit :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 07:32 AM 04-05-2013
Originally Posted by n3uka:
I still expect espresso when I visit :-)
No doubt.
The Keurig is for occasional American coffee fix.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 07:16 PM 04-06-2013
I have one in my office at work, I drink 2 or 3 cups a day, it's perfect for that, don't have to drink the cheap crap in the cafeterias, I've worked at places that had really good java, this isn't one of them.
[Reply]
hammondc 06:53 AM 04-21-2013
Originally Posted by OLS:
But you're a beautiful human being, Chip.
Just saw this when reading over this thread. Thanks bud. Made my day. :-)
[Reply]
rooneymurph 04:35 AM 06-09-2013
I'll say this -- as a guy who loves coffee and will pay top dollar for a high-end, private lot cup, the Keurig's still a pretty good buy. I think part of the true enjoyment of getting one is the coffee you buy with it: the Green Mountain varieties (especially the darker roasts) are great, and there's some random brands (i.e. Coffee People's "Jet Fuel") that are fantastic.

The Wegmans K-Cups, however, leave this weird aftertaste when I use them, so those have gone to the wayside.

In the interest of saving money, I purchased one of the "converters" that allows you to fill your own pod with your own coffee, so you can just buy a can of Chock Full O' Nuts and do that. However, I've also found that if the wife and I are going to drink coffee all morning on a Sunday, we just pull out the coffee pot (!) and make a full one to drink.
[Reply]
Blueface 07:57 AM 06-12-2013
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I think it will stay. Not a factor for the home roasting, high end crowd, but huge with the "decent coffee, conveinence wanted" crowd. I don't think they are going anywhere, Brother.
I have a high end Rancilio for my espresso but find the Keurig a blast to use when I decide to make a quick cup of what we lovingly refer to as "gringo" coffee in my house.
I use Dunkin Donuts coffee with the aftermarket reusable cups. Works like a charm.
[Reply]
forgop 10:52 AM 06-12-2013
It's far from the quality of a french press, but I picked up a new K75 just for the sheer convenience of making an additional cup or two after I've had good coffee in the morning. Now I just have to get the correct grind/fill/packing in the reusable k-cup and I'll then have as close to the good stuff with much less work.

Our society is built upon convenience more so than quality or Starbucks and every other fast food chain wouldn't be one on nearly every major city road/block that has any traffic to it at all.
[Reply]
Dave128 10:25 AM 06-13-2013
Originally Posted by forgop:
It's far from the quality of a french press, but I picked up a new K75 just for the sheer convenience of making an additional cup or two after I've had good coffee in the morning. Now I just have to get the correct grind/fill/packing in the reusable k-cup and I'll then have as close to the good stuff with much less work.

Our society is built upon convenience more so than quality or Starbucks and every other fast food chain wouldn't be one on nearly every major city road/block that has any traffic to it at all.
I use a coarse grind in my reusable k-cup. Otherwise the water doesn't go through correctly and it comes out over the top. What a mess that is.
[Reply]
forgop 12:10 PM 06-13-2013
Originally Posted by Dave128:
I use a coarse grind in my reusable k-cup. Otherwise the water doesn't go through correctly and it comes out over the top. What a mess that is.
I opened a k-cup once and it seemed to be a bit more like a percolator type of a grind than much of a coarse drip when I've tinkered with it all of the 30 seconds I've spent on it thus far. :-)
[Reply]
Dave128 01:47 PM 06-13-2013
Originally Posted by forgop:
I opened a k-cup once and it seemed to be a bit more like a percolator type of a grind than much of a coarse drip when I've tinkered with it all of the 30 seconds I've spent on it thus far. :-)
I only know what's been working for me in the re-usable k-cups. I've never disected a prepackaged k-cup.
[Reply]
hammondc 05:43 PM 06-19-2013
Finally got one for fathers day. Now I need to find some good strong KCups. Have some San Fransicso Bay Coffee 'Fog Chaser'. Not strong enough.
[Reply]
Dave128 09:36 AM 06-20-2013
Drinking fog chaser this morning. We got three boxes of it cheap from Groupon. It's not bad, but as you say, it could be a bit stronger. There's a Folger's italian blend (can't remember the exact name) that's got some decent strength. Also, green mountain makes a double black diamond that is really good.
[Reply]
pnoon 10:23 AM 06-20-2013
I've been enjoying Coffee People's Jet Fuel.
[Reply]
hammondc 08:35 PM 06-20-2013
Originally Posted by pnoon:
I've been enjoying Coffee People's Jet Fuel.
This one is #1 for me to try. That one and Black Tiger. :-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 08:49 PM 06-20-2013
Originally Posted by hammondc:
This one is #1 for me to try. That one and Black Tiger. :-)
If you like ice cream you should try a Black Tiger Milk Shake -- the buzz lasts a week :-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up